Random Things on Your Mind (Part 5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe, maybe not. It's all hypothetical. Mostert & Whincup were doing 2:07 laps at the end. Those driving to "fuel numbers" were doing 2:09s. It's likely he could have got to the end without running out of fuel. It's less likely that he would have finished #1.
thats true

cost him a podium for sure though

thats true

cost him a podium for sure though
Highly likely.

In any case, he did enough to preserve and even extend his lead in the Championship. Lowndes turning Winterbottom round ensured that they both finished behind Whincup, ensuring his gap was preserved.

i wonder how he would have fared had he listened to his team in the preceeding laps telling him to save fuel

I'm not sure if he did hear his crew the first few times because he said nothing back to them.
Radio problems like some of the other cars in certain places ?

also, whats this i'm hearing about SAFM shutting up shop?

It's true - the station no longer exists. A new station will take over the 107.1 signal next week

http://indaily.com.au/news/2014/10/13/safm-scrapped-34-years/

Massive call IMO. Sure it was struggling in the ratings, but it's a harsh way to treat the first FM station in SA, and the birth station of Austereo and the Today Network.

Given Mix is almost certain to rebrand as Kiis next year (in line with Mix Sydney being rebranded Kiis this year) and likely to become a top 40 station as a result, I wonder if the new station will become more of a Mix-style station (and in that case, why not keep SAFM an try and regain the audience it has lost to Mix over the past decade).

Off to Marion Bay for four days tomorrow. Means I'll be out of phone signal for the most important day of trade period, not that we'd make a trade anyway :p
Four days of fishing, relaxing, and nothingness! Bring it on. :)

Some of my best memories are at Marion Bay :thumbsu: Never seem to do as well on the jetty these days as I did as a teenager but I love getting down there anyway and letting time pass.

Nothing like heading into the tavern for a wood-oven pizza after a day out in the wind, either :D

Off to Marion Bay for four days tomorrow. Means I'll be out of phone signal for the most important day of trade period, not that we'd make a trade anyway :p
Four days of fishing, relaxing, and nothingness! Bring it on. :)

Sounds like you should be on the back of a truck today :(

Sounds like you should be on the back of a truck today :(
Yep. The big fires are close to my area. We sent strike teams to it.

I have four blokes from the brigade who came camping, and have had roughly seven callouts over the days. Picked a bad time to go away that's for sure.

Good trip overall at Marion Bay, lots of squid!

Mick Jagger is the man. Absolutely awesome show last night! I was one of the youngest there by about 30 years but completely loved every minute!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mick Jagger is the man. Absolutely awesome show last night! I was one of the youngest there by about 30 years but completely loved every minute!
Hope to see him in Perth
I was so pissed off that I was working while everybody else bought up all the stones tickets ..so I missed them at AO, I thought 'stuff it' i'll catch them somewhere else in Australia….nope all sold out - everywhere….sooooo Nov 22nd in Auckland NZ, here I come!!

Sorry to invade your board crows fans.

I've got 2 gold reserve tickets to this weekends stones concert in Adelaide and I can't use them due to illness in the family.
I'm hoping to sell them for face value.
Anyone interested please pm me.

cheers
Oh jeeeeez, I wish I'd seen this about like 3 days ago.:(:(:(:mad::mad:

Oh jeeeeez, I wish I'd seen this about like 3 days ago.:(:(:(:mad::mad:
The Girlfriend ended up driving over from Melbourne for the weekend with a friend of hers. Said it was fantastic! Adelaide needs more hotels. Not the first time I've found it tough to find accommodation there when there's something on. Guess I'll have to wait till the Tigers come over there next year to see the new stadium.

The Girlfriend ended up driving over from Melbourne for the weekend with a friend of hers. Said it was fantastic! Adelaide needs more hotels. Not the first time I've found it tough to find accommodation there when there's something on. Guess I'll have to wait till the Tigers come over there next year to see the new stadium.
Have watched a bit on youtube. Jagger defies gravity for his age. Looked bloody amazing, sounded amazing…i'm so disappointed.

…you won't be disappointed with Adelaide oval.

Changed my username from Daleks to Vooligan.

I felt it was time for a change to something less "nerdy" especially considering how much I hate the modern fan culture of Doctor Who, so I wanted to distance myself from it. New username is pretty nerdy, just less obvious. :p

Same bloke, new name. :)

May need to change avatar also if distancing self? :)

The little one, 2.5yo, picks up the perfume lids she likes to play with.

"Here, smell this."

I say "nice, perfume"..... "Do you know the name of this perfume?"

"Yes"

"What is the name of the of this perfume?"

"Daisy"

Spun me out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back