TAS Is North being positioned to be relocated to Tasmania?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the Bulldogs pushed North out of Ballarat and the AFL let them, is this the beginning of the end of North being a Melbourne-based side? Do the AFL want North out of there and down to the Apple Isle?

JB said North wouldn't relocate under his watch, yet he's not going to be around much longer and North seem to be delving further into the Tasmanian market. They say it's for financial gain but it appears to be a soft approach to relocation before a new administration rubber-stamps the move?

It makes sense. North don't have a huge supporter base that would be driven from the game, and their current list is positioned to make a challenge so it's not like a relocated team will come to Tasmania being a basket-case on-field.

What the AFL wants, the AFL gets. A Richmond and St Kilda game is writing on the wall. Hawthorn have drawn interstate sides once again. The intent is clear.

What the AFL wants, the AFL gets. A Richmond and St Kilda game is writing on the wall. Hawthorn have drawn interstate sides once again. The intent is clear.

Exactly, they tried once. Here's take two

They have fewer games in Tassie than the Hawks. Why should their claim that it's for financial gain be considered invalid and increased games there instead be interpreted as a gradual move towards relocation? I know Hawthorn is currently a much more powerful club while North is associated with perpetual financial and viability concerns, but Hawthorn's Tasmania approach was also predicated on financial benefit when they were struggling, and that didn't lead to relocation; it just reaped benefits.

Last edited:
Merging with WB makes no sense, why would NM or any other club want to pick up 13 million debt.

Can't help but think this is thinly veiled troll/wind-up thread, by a Dogs fan gloating that his club 'got one up' over North RE Ballarat.

I certainly don't see Gil being as pro-relocation as Demetriou, in fact, he does seem.a lot more pro Victorian clubs then AD and Wayne Jackson (which i think is refreshing)

Unless something drastic happens, and the Roos finances go belly up, North Melbourne is here to stay ..

If anything GWS are far more likely candidates for relocation (to Canberra, Tassie or Guatemala) then North.

Can't help but think this is thinly veiled troll/wind-up thread, by a Dogs fan gloating that his club 'got one up' over North RE Ballarat.

I certainly don't see Gil being as pro-relocation as Demetriou, in fact, he does seem.a lot more pro Victorian clubs then AD and Wayne Jackson (which i think is refreshing)

Unless something drastic happens, and the Roos finances go belly up, North Melbourne is here to stay ..

If anything GWS are far more likely candidates for relocation (to Canberra, Tassie or Guatemala) then North.
Well he needs to gloat about something other than his gold tooth and 8th grade education. It's been a while between drinks for the doggies in terms of premierships as well....I mean 'premiership'. No plural.
So I can understand under those circumstances that the idea of "winning" a global destination like Ballarat is a pretty big deal. I can respect that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Merging with WB makes no sense, why would NM or any other club want to pick up 13 million debt.

Especially if you don't understand the debt. Debt happens when you purchase assets. It's why despite our debt we were still able to set up a VFL team etc etc.

Don't want to drag this thread off topic though, as it looks like others are in an attempt to point score. Bay 13 is the next forum down guys

Unless something drastic happens, and the Roos finances go belly up, North Melbourne is here to stay .

I made this point in my OP. Perhaps the AFL don't want to send a basketcase to Tas. Or their baby GWS. Picture this: North relocate to Tasmania in 2017 and win the flag in 2019. That would be a dream result for the AFL.

No. Are the Bulldogs so badly run on and off field the AFL are having to spoon feed them to keep them going day to day? Yes.

Especially if you don't understand the debt. Debt happens when you purchase assets. It's why despite our debt we were still able to set up a VFL team etc etc.

Don't want to drag this thread off topic though, as it looks like others are in an attempt to point score. Bay 13 is the next forum down guys

Insolvency happens when the loan isn't serviced.

This is a Bay 13 topic. If theres anyone here to point score, it was obviously you starting this thread to gloat about the Bulldogs getting the Ballarat area. So don't be surprised if you get a negative reaction from alot of people. It's common sense dummy.

Well he needs to gloat about something other than his gold tooth and 8th grade education. It's been a while between drinks for the doggies in terms of premierships as well....I mean 'premiership'. No plural.
So I can understand under those circumstances that the idea of "winning" a global destination like Ballarat is a pretty big deal. I can respect that.
You are correct in saying its been a while, an effing long while since a premiership for us, but still North were set to relocate to the Gold Coast and still possibly face re location in the near future.

Edgewater Development, Ballarat, games at WO (AFL pre-season plus VFL). Our debt isn't an issue.

MaddAdam I suggest you stay on topic rather than looking to troll

Creates troll thread, and then complains about trolling....

After the Bulldogs pushed North out of Ballarat and the AFL let them, is this the beginning of the end of North being a Melbourne-based side?

Why would it be? The AFL can't force North to relocate and the North members won't allow it to happen.

Do the AFL want North out of there and down to the Apple Isle?

Why not Hawthorn in that case?

Edgewater Development, Ballarat, games at WO (AFL pre-season plus VFL). Our debt isn't an issue.

MaddAdam I suggest you stay on topic rather than looking to troll

Has Edgewater actually opened? Serious question.

And pokies aren't actually the licence to print cash many think they are.

A well run operation, yes. But the history the Dogs and Edgewater doesn't give off that vibe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back