Pakistan vs Australia (in the UAE)

Remove this Banner Ad

Last I checked though 37 is better than 0, 19 and whatever Rogers got. So having a go at him based on his performance today is harsh.
The issue isn't the runs he got. It's the way he got out after putting himself in a position to score so many more.

Same applies to Warner, btw.

This is feeling all too much like the tour to Indian, with accompanying all-rounder panic picks and nothing for the quicks in the tracks. Has there been a homework issue that we haven't been told about?

For WA blokes Voges has his 50 and Bancroft is in the 90s. We're 20 runs off a first innings lead with 8 wickets in hand

Last time I checked getting out slogging when we're 500 behind is ******ed.

Getting out on batting pitches to balls that don't spin is ****ed too. Most of our batsmen have been disgraceful this series. Singling one out is weak, especially when he gets a half decent score.

Hoping that Clarke and Marsh can do what Clarke and MoHen did in the first test in India last year. Similar situation, team on the ropes with Captain and rookie allrounder at the crease.
Hopefully, although I think it's already too late.

Would be good for Marsh's development though.

I get that. But Warner got out in an equally stupid way. Maxwell got out playing the way the selectors knew he would play. Which is why he should've batted down the order.
I completely agree. Warner however has proven how quality he is therefore worth the 16s off 19s

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given the context of the match, do you think that he has done 'far more' than most of our other batsmen?
he looked alright, but he didn't need to dance down the wicket, for a slog.
Maxwell bats 5 or 6 for victoria & for Australia in the ODI & t20s, WTF are they trying to make him a test number 3 for then!
he should be batting at 5 or 6.
clarke or Smith need to bat as they are the best batsment in the team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back