Changing the Original Lions Guernsey/Clash Jumper Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I want the paddlepop!!!

No seriously, I really like those ice blocks, especially the old banana paddlepop. And I feel like one right now.

Oh dear. Like clockwork every few weeks this happens. Emotive language that only ends up chiseling apart the joint identity.

We're all it it together guys, it's we, not you and me.

Speak for yourself, I'm all about me

My purely subjective option is better than your purely subjective opinion.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Yeah, but mine is correct so... clearly i need to inform everyone that they have an incorrect opinion.

I think it makes a difference.

Reality is without the red jumper we wear white in Melbourne against Melbourne, Essendon, Bulldogs and Carlton.

Red serves a purpose as it allows us to wear a traditional jumper, and avoid wearing White 7 to 9 times a year.

Reality is without the red jumper we wear white in Melbourne against Melbourne, Essendon, Bulldogs and Carlton.

Red serves a purpose as it allows us to wear a traditional jumper, and avoid wearing White 7 to 9 times a year.

We used to wear white shorts.

We used to wear white shorts.

Yes we did, back in the days when the AFL didn't deem it a clash.

We now are forced to wear a clash jumper by the AFL against:
Essendon
Melbourne
Port
Adelaide
Carlton
Bulldogs
And more.

The red jumper allows us to only wear the white jumper a few times a year, without red, we wear a clash up to 8 or 9 times now.

It's as much about honoring our past as it is about avoiding white being used way too often.

Interesting,

2s6x751.jpg

From Facebook page, gives a little more of the clash away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting,

2s6x751.jpg

From Facebook page, gives a little more of the clash away.

Tiny bit of white visible under right arm, making TFB's version fairly likely:

I posted on the other jumper thread, but perhaps this is the better spot for it.
My read on it would be something like this (excuse dodgy MS Painting)...

88862_ac89cb37cba1158b487c844731e570ba.png

Last edited:
I don't reckon the lion will be on it, it'll simply be the maroon funnel yoke - the lion doesn't look right over the top of it. I'll be very pleased if it is simply the funnel yoke.

My gut feel is if there was no lion and it was just going to be the piping, there would be either a modern logo or Proper Lion above the National Storage logo. The fact there is nothing there tells me there will be a Lion similar to the Belgians one. I wonder looking at the Lion in the Facebook photo if there is going to be some sought of navy blue effect around the yellow Lion so it will stand out on the jumper and not have the yellow go into the white.

Wondering if that is a green screen or a physical wall that Stakes is in front of? Looks physical to me.

Wondering if they've painted over the 'pride wall' in the rooms (massive, massive paddlepop head on lion body painted on a maroon background on one of the walls in the rooms)... If so, I can't say that I don't like it.

Wondering if that is a green screen or a physical wall that Stakes is in front of? Looks physical to me.

Wondering if they've painted over the 'pride wall' in the rooms (massive, massive paddlepop head on lion body painted on a maroon background on one of the walls in the rooms)... If so, I can't say that I don't like it.
Well spotted. Not painted, but there are 2 distinct lines (vertical) that appear to be overlap joins of a digitally printed wall graphic.

Well spotted. Not painted, but there are 2 distinct lines (vertical) that appear to be overlap joins of a digitally printed wall graphic.
They can print that type of thing in one go nowadays. Looks an average print to me though to be fair I am viewing an Internet screen dump. I do like the concept though. It has a certain Classical feel to it.

They can print that type of thing in one go nowadays. Looks an average print to me though to be fair I am viewing an Internet screen dump. I do like the concept though. It has a certain Classical feel to it.
Probably not if it's 3m x 3m wall. Most likely to be printed on 1371mm or 1524mm media.;) Depends on who does their signage and the media used, I guess. As you know, the quality of print starts with the artwork provided.

I don't reckon the lion will be on it, it'll simply be the maroon funnel yoke - the lion doesn't look right over the top of it. I'll be very pleased if it is simply the funnel yoke.

I only mocked that up in 5 mins - it may not be a straight gold on white if it's there. Mine was really only an indicative thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back