Mega Thread 2014 Drafts complete

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
t6pmja.jpg

Degoey is poised to have possibly the largest bonce in the AFL, just edging out Luke Mcdonald.

The funny thing is that their key backs, rucks and forwards are s**t outside of Riewoldt and Rance (who I still don't rate highly), their midfield is the only thing good about them and if one of Cotchin, Martin, Deledio go down they struggle massively.
Maric goes alright.

I wouldn't say that, McCartin and Brayshaw both have every right to be the no.1 pick - the media talking Petracca up as a clear no.1 are just looking for a story I think.

I just hope they don't take Brayshaw.
Me too, I think Brayshsw is the best fit for us and probably the most likely to have an early impact.

I had a dream last night where we picked two absolute nobodies at 2 and 3.
I need to stop reading BigFooty before I go to sleep.

While watching the cricket last night with 10 overs to go I said to myself if Australia wins this Melbourne will not take Brayshaw and McCartain in draft. I have done things like this before and has been correct, I hope I'm not right this time though.

While watching the cricket last night with 10 overs to go I said to myself if Australia wins this Melbourne will not take Brayshaw and McCartain in draft. I have done things like this before and has been correct, I hope I'm not right this time though.
WHY! why would you do this! we have enough issues with supernatural powers/curses as it is.

Another complimentary article on McCartin here.

“He’s not the biggest forward in the draft but I compare him to Jarryd Roughead,” Turner said of the 194cm and 95kg McCartin.

“He’s a similar player; he can play centre half forward, at full forward or on a flank. He might even be able to have a run in the midfield when he gets fully fit.

“I saw Roughead play at TAC Cup level and he was a great player and Paddy McCartin is as good as Roughead was at TAC Cup level, if not better.

Meet Paddy McCartin.

Playing for Vic Country as a bottom-ager, the competitive forward went in for a low ball and crunched the collarbone of Western Australia's captain Dom Sheed.

Although slightly dazed (he later found out he had a delayed concussion), McCartin played on and kicked five goals for his team in a breakout performance.

Some small injuries, including groin, quad, foot and finger complaints, stopped McCartin from taking the strides he would have hoped for in his draft season. But when he did play he made a big impact, and he is set to be an early pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why do people seem to think sheil will be coming to us eventually? Last year was rumoured he would leave the giants for us and instead he signed a two year deal. This year somebody said there would be a trade, it never happened. So i don't think it's going to happen next year

I really want McCartin now....

To the extent I'd prefer a Brayshaw/McCartin compo over any other.

He and Hogan set our forward line up for 10 years. Plenty of midfield free agents to be had, along with the potential to trade in a Shiel etc next year if he does walk.

Yeh I'm keen on McCartin and Brayshaw as well.

I suspect we'll be throwing up all our picks for a decent midfielder next year (Lovett as a f/s, upgrade Harmes and take 1 late pick will see our draft out). Then also throw the kitchen sink at a free agent.

I think we'll still be pretty well placed to build on our midfield with Hogan and McCartin in the forward line.

Question Demons fans..

If you could go back to 2013 draft, would you take Cripps over Christian Salem. Feel Salem more skilful player but Crippa better mid and inside work what Demons could use right about now while Blues could use skilful player like Christian

Why do people seem to think sheil will be coming to us eventually? Last year was rumoured he would leave the giants for us and instead he signed a two year deal. This year somebody said there would be a trade, it never happened. So i don't think it's going to happen next year

It's been widely reported that Shiel is one of the players GWS are most concerned about retaining, and it's also common knowledge that Melbourne have had a huge crack at him twice in 2 years but GWS hasn't agreed.

Question Demons fans..

If you could go back to 2013 draft, would you take Cripps over Christian Salem. Feel Salem more skilful player but Crippa better mid and inside work what Demons could use right about now while Blues could use skilful player like Christian
Salem is exactly what we need. That being a tough skilful user of the football. So to answer your question. No, we're happy with Salem

Question Demons fans..

Wouldn't. We're relatively well stocked on the inside these days, though aside from Jones and Tyson none of them are above average, but we really lack skilled players. Aside from Watts, Salem is probably the only really good kick on the list.

Wouldn't. We're relatively well stocked on the inside these days, though aside from Jones and Tyson none of them are above average, but we really lack skilled players. Aside from Watts, Salem is probably the only really good kick on the list.
Toump can kick the footy, we just need him to get some continuity.

Given a choice I'd still choose Petracca/Brayshaw, however it's virtually certain to be McCartin/Brayshaw and I salivate at the prospect of Hogan and McCartin for a decade.

Occasionally I read posters wonder whether Hogan/McCartin will work, or whether they're too similar and I chuckle a little each time. Hogan is a hard leading CHF, who is also capable very close to goal, while McCartin will play more of the anchor role. For me it's a perfect combination and one that footy clubs would love to replicate, but unfortunately quality key forwards don't grow on trees.

I don't care how much the game changes there will always be room for at least two genuine power forwards in a team. How good would it be to have our own version of Alistair Lynch and Jonathan Brown ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back