LOL Brad the Brain wins - it's a teal guernsey!

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't really see the point to be honest.......
We already have great home and away jumpers, we have the prison bars for special occasions.
To me it's a blatant marketing move and just makes us like the franchises that everyone here is quick to heap comments on.
It actually doesn't appeal to me as I thought it would but thanks for mentioning me in the thread. I will buy one however to wear to the footy because If anything it will be good to wear in the crowd.A marketing ploy only.It may look ok as it is still far better than a couple of others we have had in the past..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It actually doesn't appeal to me as I thought it would

baxter-cain-baseketball-gif-disgust.gif

I like it, but that is a personal opinion, therefore irrelevant.

What is more relevant is that all clubs should have a third strip. Whether port's is teal, grey or whatever, it is good to actually have options to genuinely avoid a clash (i.e. wear this against geel and coll where white is a significant color in the other side's top). Only catch is that ALL clubs should be made to design a proper alternate. None of this Richmond/Collingwood/North/Geelong rubbish. Don't get me wrong, I love three of those clubs' seconds strips (Richmonds looks crap), but they barely avoid a clash in some gamess they are worn. Take the doggies- their red tops are ordinary but they do the job, plus earn a bit of marketing cash for the club.

My two cents. Thanks for tolerating the intrusion. I am just passionate about the non-existence of a proper AFL clash-uniform policy

I reckon its cool. Teal is part of our brand and this as a alternate is just as good as a white variant. Club's on the front foot as usual.

this caters for the port adelaide supporters that hate port adelaide.
All the magpie diehards . I never did hear what their thoughts were when the maggies basically became Power reserves.Did they jump ship or stay on board the whole 350 of them.

Black is strong, bold, in your face. The Darth Vader of shades.

White is clean, crisp...dare I say it, righteous.

Teal is...well...

What is more relevant is that all clubs should have a third strip. Whether port's is teal, grey or whatever, it is good to actually have options to genuinely avoid a clash (i.e. wear this against geel and coll where white is a significant color in the other side's top). Only catch is that ALL clubs should be made to design a proper alternate. None of this Richmond/Collingwood/North/Geelong rubbish. Don't get me wrong, I love three of those clubs' seconds strips (Richmonds looks crap), but they barely avoid a clash in some gamess they are worn. Take the doggies- their red tops are ordinary but they do the job, plus earn a bit of marketing cash for the club.

My two cents. Thanks for tolerating the intrusion. I am just passionate about the non-existence of a proper AFL clash-uniform policy
Good post but too many Vic clubs are too stubborn to adapt.

I actually loved the Argentina strip you guys played in a few years back.

However the blue jumper with the Kangaroo is the best "alternitave" strip, I think has been produced.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back