Buying a used car , Dealer or Private

Remove this Banner Ad

Aurion sportivo

Some guy bought it for his son as a reward because he is graduating with the highest of honors. Dad works offshore so couldn't get near a bank, so I gave him my bank details and let him pick up the car - I hope the money goes in soon :rolleyes: Some of the enquiries had me crying laughing - I had to wonder if I had more than the usual because it was a females name on the ad
Very nice car, just a shame they're not RWD otherwise I'd own one.

What questions did this guy ask?

Very nice car, just a shame they're not RWD otherwise I'd own one.

What questions did this guy ask?

On 3 separate occasions he asked if the 90,000k service had been done - I said it had, the book was signed, you saw the book. I was even prepared to give him the name of my mechanic.

He then wanted to see the car again - but refused each time I gave him a time at my workplace - said his work hours were random and wanted the home address

He then wanted to know if anyone other than me had driven the car and who - like wtf (I didn't even respond to that one)

The bit I quoted about the graduation present was from an email I received - I later saw the exact email on the scam warning section.
I had one who emailed me asking for an address but refused to give me his phone number so that I could message him a time that he could view the car. There were two who gave me a time that they were coming and were a no show and then one guy tell me that I was dreaming with my asking price.
I couldn't believe how much crap was involved in selling a car. In the end I went with carsales - had to pay but it got rid of the loons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back