Mega Thread Draft Day Supermegaultrathread - It's finally here

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surely St Kilda are the winners in the draft (with their high picks).

It seems that both Freo and WCE took players not in their primary list deficiencies. Not necessarily bad players drafted, but won't fix the issues faced at the clubs.

Ok so I was pretty annoyed before at our recruiters for picking the players that they did, I'm still not happy with who we picked, but no point getting angry over it. Welcome to our new draftees, let's hope you all make it as AFL Footballers with us!
You are learning slowly young padwan warrior

wow, you guys nailed it!!!! absolutely massive draft. heres what i posted in the winners and losers thread:

i think melbourne are the biggest winner of this draft. i loved west coasts draft. so pleasing that theyve just gone for best available and not been so fixated on WA talent. duggan is perfect for them. lamb, well i wanted him at the saints so was a bit flat when they took him. he could be anything for them, massive get.

PLAYER PROFILE – Tom Lamb
POSITIONS: Utility

HEIGHT: 193cm

WEIGHT: 84kg

DATE OF BIRTH: 19/10/1996

TAC CLUB: Dandenong Stingrays

GRASSROOTS CLUB: Edithvale-Aspendale

PLAYS LIKE: Jack Watts (Melbourne)

MAD MONDAY DRAFT PROJECTION: 10-35

AFL CLUBS HE COULD ATTRACT: St Kilda, Richmond, North Melbourne, Gold Coast

* me.

Pound for pound a great result for the club. Skilful, talented, running and inside players x5, nearly all taken after projected pick... If 2-3 of them make it or a talented few `go home' and we get worthy picks then its been a major winner draft year.
As always, time will tell..... Welcome to the "House of Pain" where, like Lambs to the slaughter if the Shred doesn't get you the Hacksaw will!!!

Surely St Kilda are the winners in the draft (with their high picks).

It seems that both Freo and WCE took players not in their primary list deficiencies. Not necessarily bad players drafted, but won't fix the issues faced at the clubs.
What?
Our glaring weakness is our midfield so we went out and recruited 5 midfielders

What?
Our glaring weakness is our midfield so we went out and recruited 5 midfielders
Well, at least Bart got half of his post right, Freo didn't recruit anyone over 191, did they?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After we got Duggan I'm happy that we took a risk on Lamb.
Would have preferred Laverde+Blakely over Duggan+Lamb but then again it's not my job to watch and draft these kids.
Cavka looks to be a steal but I really have no idea about Nelson.

Calling someone a dickhead is negative tho .. Its just a chat room with people enjoying sharing views and opinions

It's a private wind up between myself and Keyser. Long story. I wouldn't randomly insult someone on the board or Fivey would come in sirens blaring.

Thought Callum Twomey summed it fairly well

WEST COAST
Draft selections:
11, 32, 51, 69, 87 (father-son selection Alec Waterman), 105 (promoted Callum Sinclair).
What we said before the draft: The Eagles need midfield depth and class and can address that early if the right player is there.
What happened? Went for a very safe bet with Liam Duggan at pick 11, and will be rapt he got through to their pick. He'll bring class and intelligence and is just a really good, rounded player. The next pick for the Eagles could be a little like Jack Darling all over again. Tom Lamb will add to their midfield group, and will love the wide, open spaces of Patersons Stadium where he can use his athleticism and endurance. Damien Cavka is in the same boat, and he was selected at No.66, while Jackson Nelson can play in the midfield, too. The Eagles will welcome five players who can all add something a bit different to their on-ball division.

Thought Callum Twomey summed it fairly well

WEST COAST
Draft selections:
11, 32, 51, 69, 87 (father-son selection Alec Waterman), 105 (promoted Callum Sinclair).
What we said before the draft: The Eagles need midfield depth and class and can address that early if the right player is there.
What happened? Went for a very safe bet with Liam Duggan at pick 11, and will be rapt he got through to their pick. He'll bring class and intelligence and is just a really good, rounded player. The next pick for the Eagles could be a little like Jack Darling all over again. Tom Lamb will add to their midfield group, and will love the wide, open spaces of Patersons Stadium where he can use his athleticism and endurance. Damien Cavka is in the same boat, and he was selected at No.66, while Jackson Nelson can play in the midfield, too. The Eagles will welcome five players who can all add something a bit different to their on-ball division.

I'm shocked. :D

:(

Really hope we don't bother picking up Lucas in the rookie draft, given the selections that we've made.
Would much rather have a punt on Abbott, Markov, Yarran and others.
Yeah, Lucas really looks surplus to needs now

Wouldn't mind us looking at a tall like cripps or keitel

335636_np.jpg
2308697_2_M.jpg
2957946_1_M.jpg
z0phYLz.jpg
335682-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

If their AFL careers dont quite workout, they could start a boyband

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back