NFL 2014 NFL - Week 16

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Dallas is the only team that can stop Seattle now. Who would have thought that at the start of the season?
The Dallas O line is very smart and their defence has achieved. Both have time sapping runners.

Please st louis play the game of your life next week and save us the thought of going to Seattle to get into the superbowl

Dallas and the Packers will be worthy competitors. Those two could be playing for a SB spot if we don't make it

Detroit are the team that scare me a little

Please st louis play the game of your life next week and save us the thought of going to Seattle to get into the superbowl

They don't have to play the game of their life. For some reason we have a tough time whenever we play the Rams.

I think Dallas is the only team that can stop Seattle now. Who would have thought that at the start of the season?
:rolleyes: Stop playing the underdog card.
Other than the Cardinals and Bengals, any team currently in the top 6 of each conference can win the super bowl.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is going to be a great playoffs - all 12 teams who make it can realistically win it. In previous years there were always at least 4 teams across the two conferences that we no chance.

It is going to be a great playoffs - all 12 teams who make it can realistically win it. In previous years there were always at least 4 teams across the two conferences that we no chance.

Except Carolina.

They're shithouse.

You guys realise if Seattle win tonight and next week they get the 1 seed...

Yup, IF Seattle, Green Bay, and the Cowboys finish 12-4 then Seattle would get the #1 seed based on a better divisional record (10-2), than Green Bay (9-3), and the Cowboys (8-4).

If Detroit beats Green Bay then they would have the same divisional record as Seattle (10-2) and it would go to the next tie-breaker which is common games (minimum 4) and Seattle would win that 5-0 vs 3-2 (common games NY Giants, Carolina, Green Bay, Arizona)
The tie-breakers for determining byes is the same as those used for the wildcards:

1. Head-to-head, if applicable
2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four
4. Strength of victory
5. Strength of schedule
etc

NFC South winner and the Colts are no hope. I struggle to see the Steelers or Lions doing much of anything either. Realistically, it's Packers/Hawks/Broncos/Pats, and then the rest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back