Vic Best and worst train stations in Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

All you have to do is make it look like you are one on those hoodlums who are going to cause trouble and you'll be fine
Adidas Jacket
Trackies
Sneakers
Head down with a mean look on your face
Hands in pockets
Giving greasy looks to anyone within 10m of you

It works
I must have it made then

All you have to do is make it look like you are one on those hoodlums who are going to cause trouble and you'll be fine
Adidas Jacket
Trackies
Sneakers
Head down with a mean look on your face
Hands in pockets
Giving greasy looks to anyone within 10m of you

It works
That sounds like the dress code for my station.

I think you should feel safe in every suburb. Melbournes not a very dangerous place.
You sound like a guy who has never had to walk through the under pass of Sunshine station late at night

I think you should feel safe in every suburb. Melbournes not a very dangerous place.
I've feel safe in all places but Sunshine. Maybe because that's the only time I haven't really travelled in a group of people, but I certainly wouldn't go there at night.

Everywhere else is pretty good.

I've feel safe in all places but Sunshine. Maybe because that's the only time I haven't really travelled in a group of people, but I certainly wouldn't go there at night.

Everywhere else is pretty good.
Have you been to Broadmeadows station of a night time?

What's it like?
tumblr_lo8p7dr0lU1qf5zj9o1_500.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still don't think there is a sufficient level of hate for Jacana station here.

I struggle to think of a station that ticks as many of the boxes- horribly ugly, in a bad area, isolated, very poorly patronised, and the few that do patronise it seem to be more often than not up to no good.

Had to carry a heavy cardboard box with fragile valuables inside of it around the city today. Was approaching the escalator to go down to my platform at Southern Cross station when two teens sprinted past me because they were late for my train, both bumped me and the box very nearly tumbled out of my hands due to the sheer shock of coming into human contact given I was blasting music through my headphones.

Damn kids these days, I tell u wat.

I still don't think there is a sufficient level of hate for Jacana station here.

I struggle to think of a station that ticks as many of the boxes- horribly ugly, in a bad area, isolated, very poorly patronised, and the few that do patronise it seem to be more often than not up to no good.
Think I'll put it on my bucket list as a place to visit.

I travel late often on the craigiebirn line with little to no trouble what so ever, however my local is Pascoe vale, and everything past it gets a bit off, even oak park can be a bit shady. Paco is however very safe all the time. Essendon, although very safe, can be a bit dodgy due to the car park. (I saw a car once being broken into but may have been the guys car) Broadmeadows is scum, and cragieburn has numerous pregnant 15 year olds.

The worst I have experienced is Frankston. Total shithole. I was too late to catch the stony point train so I was stuck in Frankston and the station was close to empty (new years) and when I left the station to call an uber, Sudanese kids were brawling with police. Luckily there is a taxi thing very close to the station.
I know people who work for metro, and St. Albans, jacana, noble park, Frankston and especially scumshine Get the worst wrap.

Oak Park station is fine, it's just a bit quiet compared to some of the others.

How can one talk about dodgy stations on the Craigieburn line and not reference Jacana? It is by a large distance the worst one.

My girlfriend is a Flemington/Essendon/Moonee Ponds girl so I'm constantly on that line. She has grandparents out in St Albans and Broadie and they really are total shitholes. Depressing how much scummy happenings occur out in the belts we middle class folk don't ever go to.

My girlfriend is a Flemington/Essendon/Moonee Ponds girl so I'm constantly on that line. She has grandparents out in St Albans and Broadie and they really are total shitholes. Depressing how much scummy happenings occur out in the belts we middle class folk don't ever go to.
So class orientated.

Should change your user name to Monsieur Bourgeois.

I don't know how it goes these days, but my Grandparents used to live on Electric St just up from Jacana station, and any time of day, you'd go thru on the train in the early to mid 90's and there were kids chroming left right and centre at Glenroy, Jacana and on the odd occasion I wasn't paying attention and went a station too far, Broady.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back