NAB Challenge - Carlton v West Coast Friday 7.10PM est - Mandurah

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't watch the game, happily I was over at AAMI Park watching my 'summer' football team Melbourne City (YAY JESUS :) )

I taped our Nab Challenge game tonight though, should I bother watching it or just erase it .. Not encouraged by some of the negative posts I am reading

First hit out and so I'm not too fussed. Of course, it's always better to walk away with a win. But you're first run is only good for sahking the cob-webs out and nothing more, really. Some promising signs, some structural things to work on. But again, let's just keep in mind that it was the first hit out of the year.

We had a young team so I'm not too upset but...

Seriously, seeing the old bad habits that had us 0-4 at the start of last year is so infuriating.

Where was the hitting up of short targets, changing angles, running and hitting targets on the lead?
I don't remember one smooth transition of play where we hit a forward on the lead, which they did time and time again particularly Kennedy.

Im so sick of seeing the long bomb...it almost never works out well.

The mindset of players to take it 100% serious wouldn't of been there... Because if the club took the game seriously a few more best 22 would of been out there. But foreign ground interstate, warm conditions, young team I think we did alright. If we got to kick with the breeze 1st quarter may have been different, considering we assisted Eagles by showing how to contain/play against the breeze... Also considering its pre-season we did tire halfway through the game but at least kept fighting and finished off alright...

Let's see how we play last NAB cup before we go crazy...

Well 50% right...****
No-one enjoyed seeing your bloke go off. Such an innocuous incident, such a nothing game. Hoping for some good news tomorrow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn't bother me that we lost but was hoping to see a few of the young guys show a bit more, most were pretty underwhelming.......

Liked Cripps and Jaksch

Disposal into forward line was terrible.

I didn't watch the game, happily I was over at AAMI Park watching my 'summer' football team Melbourne City (YAY JESUS :) )

I taped our Nab Challenge game tonight though, should I bother watching it or just erase it .. Not encouraged by some of the negative posts I am reading
As crap as it was, it was still more exciting than bloody soccer

Tbh, can't remember who 2 is...........man I'm getting old.
895004-greg-williams.jpg

I know it's 'only' NAB Cup......but Tom Bell. FMD. He gets caught holding the ball in that same ***** manner, where he lumbers along, pretends to look left/right, then just keeps going.....and then gets tackled from behind (by someone travelling at 50km/h more than him)....and it looks really, really bad. Seriously, I have to look away when he does that, such is the pain I feel.

Needs to understand that there are people with far, far superior leg speed than his in opposition and not get too cute when there's a lot of pressure around him. Don't want to pick on the dude, 'cause he has some great attributes and does some good things (e.g. great goal sense and kicks a few), but he's a serial offender and he's not exactly a rookie either. Needs to better understand his limitations.

Not going the chicken little on this..Have any of you posters ever played footy??? If your under pressure you basically try to move the ball forward, your pressured and you try to take the pressure off. Normally you have your leaders hanging about your packs and you try to feed off to them, as they call. Those leaders have room to move due to experience and gain space, then due to the space and time they have created the forwards have a chance to lead and bang, the ball is on their chest...if under pressure without leaders, everyone tries to kick the ******* ball out of their way for someone else to excel. Now if that player doesn't have the skills to excel, particularly when the other team has experience and has double teamed that player what you have is a turnover.
Look at the lists played, I reckon we did pretty well not to be destroyed. To me it was a risk, and a risk that payed off for our inexperienced players cos we weren't destroyed. And a coach can always say where we were lacking delivery wise, which is a lesson..

Ohh yeah... I was standing there chatting with Boekhorst's grandfather and his aunty... his dad was off in the marque for the families of the players. Tosser was too good to come down to mix it with the common people for a bit.

From what Jerry (his grandfather) was saying... the Eagles fluffed their number for their pick. They were supposed to pick Blaine and he slid to us and he is very happy with being selected by us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back