The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D

Remove this Banner Ad

only up to the second cycle where the options are daunting. I printed out part of a guide to see just how much content there is and there's shitloads. a bunch of you guys bought that collectors edition guide yeah? it's $50 but I am tempted, partly for the guide and partly because it looks so beautiful. seems to be $30 on amazon who I've never used before but that's a big saving.

only up to the second cycle where the options are daunting. I printed out part of a guide to see just how much content there is and there's shitloads. a bunch of you guys bought that collectors edition guide yeah? it's $50 but I am tempted, partly for the guide and partly because it looks so beautiful. seems to be $30 on amazon who I've never used before but that's a big saving.
Depends on shipping. And whether they ship because they can be bastards.

I managed to 100% the game last Saturday, probably my favourite 3DS game to date, even though it was just a remake. My biggest issues with the original was having to watch long cutscenes all over again when you go back in time, and this has been rectified in the remake. For example, when you go near the deku shrub near the clock tower in town you will trigger a cutscene where the deku shrub will fly down. In the original this took 30 seconds or so. In the remake, three seconds. Another example is when you summon Woodfall temple. In the original, 30 seconds. In the remake, 5 or so seconds. Quests were also made much simpler by being able to go to an exact time by playing the song of double time.

The remake is amazing. I originally never really liked MM on the Nintendo 64. Now it is one of my favourite Zelda games.

Why? Curious...

I thought it look pretty great back in the day.

Clock Town looked like a quickly cobbled together mess of streets and objects. The clocks themselves lacked finish. The world was small and overpacked with random enemies and items. It was like a novice had a map creator and placed whatever he wanted wherever he wanted. Some of the world's textures just didn't seem to have the polish and overall consideration of how they would fit with the rest of the world.

I particularly hated some of the character design. Tingle looked so s**t with his face textured on top of the object model. The sprites of the broken up great fairy were quite ugly too. Mostly I couldn't get past how many of the characters were recycled exactly from OoT. Even though it was made by the same people, I felt that it was a rip-off of its predecessor.

Having said that, I loved the mask of Majora on Skull Kid; that always looked wicked.

I think I was jaded because I wanted another epic with Link and Zelda and Ganon and I got it in my head that it was the first of many "short-cut" games in the series that Nintendo would create, which was exacerbated when they went with cell-shading for the first GC Zelda title.

It looks much more polished and beautiful on 3DS.

Just finished the Kafei and Anju quest, up to the Stone Tower Temple ... nearly there.

Graphics are amazing, and, honestly the world feels so much bigger, especially Clock Town.

Funny, considering they used the exact same models for the characters in MM. I remember playing it on the 64 and being amazed at how detailed the opening forest was. Personally looked better than OOT.

The beauty of OoT was in its layout, design and meticulous placement. The ofttimes minimalist scenery gave it a clarity and precision that MM just seemed to forget completely. Nothing in MM came close to the feeling of running out into Hydule Field for the first time, or the temple of time, or the castle courtyard, or kakariko, or lon lon range. Of course that's just my opinion. MM3D looks heaps better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where'd you get it done? It looks fantastic, I wouldn't ever get a game tattoo but if I did it would be similar to that. It's going to look phenomenal with colour.

Frontyard Tattoo, Mount Barker, South Australia :) A guy called Troy did it, he's amazing.

Colour will be done in about 4 weeks, very excited about that!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back