Game Day NAB Cup Game 1 - Brisbane Lions v St Kilda @ Burpengary

Remove this Banner Ad

Now all we need is that BLK Lion made into a mascot outfit and he could stand in the player race and gee up the crowd a bit. Bernie can still be there for the Kids. But to have a lion that looked fierce and was in a players kit, that would look great too. Something that was a little cheeky in nature. Bit like the mascot Buck the Bronco.

I actually saw that BLK ad at the airport just now and the similarity struck me too.

10863776_10155297169985173_5333370475696856220_o.jpg

Grange_Wallis_Website_Slider_top2.png

I'd say the Giant was Adam Tomlinson, the Crow has elements of Dangerfield and the Tiger reminds me of someone too though I can't pick it.

I'd say the Giant was Adam Tomlinson, the Crow has elements of Dangerfield and the Tiger reminds me of someone too though I can't pick it.

The tiger is Dustin Martin for sure.

Although I'm a Collingwood supporter, being a Footy Expat means you grab just about any opportunity to catch a game. I was there on Saturday and really enjoyed the close contest, although the Lions probably should've closed it out much earlier with the way they controlled general play.

No sour grapes from this Magpie fan as far as Beama is concerned - was great to see him gliding around and racking up touches as always. Gun player and will be a great acquisition for the Lions.

Although I'm a Collingwood supporter, being a Footy Expat means you grab just about any opportunity to catch a game. I was there on Saturday and really enjoyed the close contest, although the Lions probably should've closed it out much earlier with the way they controlled general play.

No sour grapes from this Magpie fan as far as Beama is concerned - was great to see him gliding around and racking up touches as always. Gun player and will be a great acquisition for the Lions.

Victoria and Queensland are in the same country you know (sometimes difficult to believe). :)

I actually like part of Close's game. I no some are bagging him for not getting it enough and being soft. But how many forwards actually get alot of the ball (apart from Reiwoldt) Usually they only get the pill 10 times or so.

He had a few really nice contested marks where he had to protect the drop zone of the ball. I reckon this was a key part that Brown has taught him. I do, however, think he needs to use his tank and just run up and down the ground and also to try and get more seperation from his opponent.

Sounds like he must have a bit of the "old man" syndrome!:eek:

Considering that Lion was created before the NAB cup match, that's creepy similar.
I actually suspect it was modelled off this shot, or one similar:

4238810-3x2-940x627.jpg

LIONS_1024x768.jpg

Richy doesn't have a tail though, so it isn't conclusive...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Victoria and Queensland are in the same country you know (sometimes difficult to believe). :)
Yes they are, but when I first moved up to Queensland from Victoria in '94 it certainly felt like I was living in another country. That's where the expat reference comes from. Things have obviously improved since, however it can still be a tough environment for footy fans. I've actually created a website under the same name in recognition of this.

Yes they are, but when I first moved up to Queensland from Victoria in '94 it certainly felt like I was living in another country. That's where the expat reference comes from. Things have obviously improved since, however it can still be a tough environment for footy fans. I've actually created a website under the same name in recognition of this.
You'll have plenty of mates at the first game I suspect. Should be a good'n.

I also moved to Brisbane from Victoria via the USA in 1994 went to Singapore for 10 years and have been back here for 5 years. The hardest thing is that not many people speak about sport here at all at work or where I live, let alone about the AFL or football in general. Over Christmas I was visited by some old uni friends from Melbourne who didn't like football back then but it was in their conversation about their families and what they did. That's why I enjoy chatting to on BigFooty to everyone and attending the NEAFL games.

The footy also looks like it might be based on the more 'rounded' football shape of the early 1900's

Modeled here by Gerald Brosnan - 131 games with Fitzroy from 1900 to 1909
Gerald_Brosnan.jpg

The footy also looks like it might be based on the more 'rounded' football shape of the early 1900's

Modeled here by Gerald Brosnan - 131 games with Fitzroy from 1900 to 1909
Gerald_Brosnan.jpg

It would have been more than 131 games, if he hadn't suffered a severe MCL (moustache cruciate ligament) injury late in his career.

I actually suspect it was modelled off this shot, or one similar:

4238810-3x2-940x627.jpg

LIONS_1024x768.jpg

Richy doesn't have a tail though, so it isn't conclusive...
Left arm too high on the lion. Super high ball drop more likely a reverse image Lynchy.

..goodness, what was that about I wonder?...and which player? I thought of Jed.
Preety sure its Adcock he was running at full pace at the ball and the ball went out of bounds and so did he. Couldnt stop in time so had to Leap over the fence. 4th qrt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back