List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Draft, Rookie Draft and FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to believe it....

.... Because I don't want to be disappointed by it....

Would you take it as a 'replacement' if Jack Steven left? Can you imagine them together, with Jacky Newnes, Blake Acres and Luke Dunstan? And Darcy Tucker...

I got chills, they're multiplying.......and I'm losing control:eek::eek::eek:

Are you high on Hughes? I thought he was pretty crap at the blues when u think about it
His history as a head recruiter in the first round and high up in the draft is quite poor, but some blame with that could lie with Carlton's development. I don't know Hughes, but looking through what he's done, he had picked up a few solid mid-tier contributors for the Blues from outside the u18s. I think more important is that it allows Bains and co to focus on u18s.

How does he have a pretty good history? Blues supporters think he was crap.
I was talking about guys outside that top 40. Garlett, Jacobs, Casboult, White, Touhy, Curnow, Tom Bell all came via the rookie draft. His national draft record is, uhh, not as great, but that's not what why we recruited him.

His history as a head recruiter in the first round and high up in the draft is quite poor, but some blame with that could lie with Carlton's development. I don't know Hughes, but looking through what he's done, he had picked up a few solid mid-tier contributors for the Blues from outside the u18s. I think more important is that it allows Bains and co to focus on u18s.

I was talking about guys outside that top 40. Garlett, Jacobs, Casboult, White, Touhy, Curnow, Tom Bell all came via the rookie draft. His national draft record is, uhh, not as great, but that's not what why we recruited him.
I'm unaware, what is his role, I thought it was just a general scout

I wouldn't necessarily go after the superstars in the making, Id go after the young bottom feeders who will turn into the next Joey Montagna's, they will be hungry for a deal but are likely to starve whilst the top end blokes get overpaid.

With the greatest of respect, I think this is sort of dream land stuff mate. Ok kids turning into Joey Montagna's is the exception, not the rule.

We have a number of potentially good to very good players with a couple who could become guns.

What I'd like to trade in is a grade talent, a sure thing like Smith, Treloar, Shiel or Sloane, give them a blank cheque - if we can't do that, let's trust ourselves in the draft and not pick up other teams fringe kids.

If we get the chance we should be ruthless and screw GWS (or any club) as hard as we can. I think the whole trade/FA system is becoming more and more brutal and the whole burning bridges worry is going to lessen significantly due to that. At some point someone is going to break the ice and really play hard ball and it may as well be us. Get in now and get what we can before the AFL changes any rules.

If we get the chance we should be ruthless and screw GWS (or any club) as hard as we can. I think the whole trade/FA system is becoming more and more brutal and the whole burning bridges worry is going to lessen significantly due to that. At some point someone is going to break the ice and really play hard ball and it may as well be us. Get in now and get what we can before the AFL changes any rules.
Sorry my learned friend, but I think I disagree.
I do agree that it's war, but I don't think we should play dirty.
When we are playing off in the Grand Final in a few years, I want everybody barracking for us ...
..... including the opposition. :)

Sorry my learned friend, but I think I disagree.
I do agree that it's war, but I don't think we should play dirty.
When we are playing off in the Grand Final in a few years, I want everybody barracking for us ...
..... including the opposition. :)
Screw that being a villan in sports is the best! (As long as you don't break any rules to get their)

Screw that being a villan in sports is the best! (As long as you don't break any rules to get their)
You'd probably know, after all nobody likes Harden... or Dwight... or Beverly... or McHale... or Josh Smith. ;)
Which is????

Does that mean players who have allready turned pro?
I believe so, yes, players from other teams.

You'd probably know, after all nobody likes Harden... or Dwight... or Beverly... or McHale... or Josh Smith. ;)
Exactly I love it, makes every win that much more Fun to win.
We even felt like villans in the Ross Lyon era of negative football and "crybaby roo" leading us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Decent young mid tier blokes that may seek further opportunity elsewhere that I can think of are:

Jesse Lonergan (GC)
Alex Sexton (GC)
Adam Kennedy (GWS)
Nick Haynes (GWS)
Jacob Townsend (GWS)

(As a sample from just GC & GWS)

All 5 of these blokes would possibly already be in the best 22 of every other club, but aren't at their present club due to the depth of talent around the same age. I'd have any of them TBH

Anyone ever accuse you of being a tad insensitive, big fella?
Insensitive? If your reffering to the roo part it was just the narrative that some people had of him.

If your not then I'm going to need a further explanation

To me Dallas is a TV show.
But I'm a belated fan of Mav's.
In sport and money in sport I just couldn't care less I couldnt about if an opposition supporter likes me team.

So I guess I am then

Perfect.
You play the bad cop, I'll play the good cop, and we'll nail their arses to the cross. :)
So I'm the peltch and everyone hates me and u get all the glory ameet? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back