2015 Membership discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Just noting that in this thread we are talking about not being prejudiced against other sports, and yet you use the word "thugby". Hardly inclusive.
Well, there are just three sports that give you cauliflower ears - the other two are boxing and amateur wrestling.

Would anyone be able to shed some light on whether the 3 game general admission membership will guarantee entry to round 1 v the Colliwobbles? or is it dependent on whether the game sells out?

Would anyone be able to shed some light on whether the 3 game general admission membership will guarantee entry to round 1 v the Colliwobbles? or is it dependent on whether the game sells out?
Not familiar with 3 game passes. Do you normally have to book/nominate which games you attend, or does it just only scan on 3 dates and stop working?
If you normally have to book or nominate, then same will apply. Game will likely sellout for GA if not already.

Not familiar with 3 game passes. Do you normally have to book/nominate which games you attend, or does it just only scan on 3 dates and stop working?
If you normally have to book or nominate, then same will apply. Game will likely sellout for GA if not already.

This year for the GA three games, there is no need to nominate games, it is scan and enter.

I do wonder how this will work for the big matches though so it might be worth a call to the club.

This year for the GA three games, there is no need to nominate games, it is scan and enter.

I do wonder how this will work for the big matches though so it might be worth a call to the club.
If that's the case, I think you'll be fine.
I guess they factor X number of GA members attending & sell the rest as tickets. If that is the new system, I'd think 3 gamers will be factored in also.
Just get there early in case there's a "first in" policy.
But yeah, call the club is easiest to be sure.

Worst case, you might have to buy an upgrade to reserved seating. I had to once when I took non-member family to a GA sellout, bought seats in the 'nose-bleed' section then sat in GA anyway.
(They won't sellout the whole stadium).

With allocated seating in a particular space (I wanted my son sitting with me) I nominated games and he got hte seat next to me

Thanks everyone! I'll probably give the club a ring to confirm but will definitely try getting to the game early in case of a 'first in' policy :)

I have a lions Vic membership, does anyone think I will need to buy tickets for rd 2 vs kangas? Or will GA be ok?
GA should be fine. Roos never draw the biggest crowds anywhere.

Lots of 3 game memberships being given out. My son plays under 10's in BJAFL, he got one and I got one. Might be inflating the figures a bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lots of 3 game memberships being given out. My son plays under 10's in BJAFL, he got one and I got one. Might be inflating the figures a bit.
I suppose the consolation is that every club is doing it.

I tried to ring the club today... none of their numbers working. :(

Still not fixed either

SPOILER:*
Maybe only a small thing, but another sign the club is really listening, got fixture fridge magnets in the mail today.
Cheap card ones, but a few people bemoaned the omission of these from the member pack line-up of goodies, and now they have delivered.
I don't care so much about the actual fixture magnet, but I take it as a much appreciated token of connection from the club. They are really getting our mojo back.:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

*Sorry to those who haven't received or checked their mail yet.

Vic membership up 20% according to Swann at Vic Members forum last night.
Due to a more ingrained membership culture down South, I reckon the Vics get on when the club is being run well, as opposed to following on field success. Good signs.

Due to a more ingrained membership culture down South, I reckon the Vics get on when the club is being run well, as opposed to following on field success. Good signs.

Reckon the jumper would be contributing to a decent chunk of that 20 percent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back