List Mgmt. 2015 Trade/Draft/FA - SuperMegaUltraThread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seems odd that he was good enough to play in a winning grand final on the wing but struggles to break into our mid. I know our players aren't world beaters but I still have doubts our coaching group are extracting all they can from them

Some would suggest it's for that exact reason and that the only reason he was any good was because he wasn't copping the attention of the opposition and had a lot more free space to operate due to a bunch of significantly better mids above him.

Im hearing you but I don't think he is playing below ability due to attention from opponents. Grand final starting 18's are not known for having many passengers. I would give him a contract. Who knows we may have a good midfield to complement him one day...

Im hearing you but I don't think he is playing below ability due to attention from opponents. Grand final starting 18's are not known for having many passengers. I would give him a contract. Who knows we may have a good midfield to complement him one day...

I wouldn't delist him but his next contract offer would be 1 year with an auto trigger for a second year based on performance and at lower money than what he was brought over on.

I share your inclination to clean house. To be honest I wouldnt mind breaking the influence of some of the older, experienced mids that have gotten stale at WC. But I don't think the 'juice is worth the squeeze' to delist Ellis. He performs when he's on the park. He may not be a premiership player - but we need the depth and experience. If Powell and Brophy come on at the end of the year and he's still injured, then I may end up agreeing with you.
I think you will find Ellis is a premiership player already with Hawthorn. Was one of the best on ground in 2008 GF.

You think that that's too old? I wouldn't have thought he'd definitely be safe either, but everyone seemed to have jumped on the Tunbridge bandwagon after the Carlton game.
Last weekend showed exactly how much the performances against Carlton was worth.

Tunbridge may get another shot this season, but pending that I'd be surprised if we retained him. I can't see us clearing out less than 5 players plus Waters.

No way I'd give a top ten pick for Coniglio as every man and his dog seems to want. Can someone who knows please remind me what is so good about him, what he has achieved to date other than being injured a lot? Or is it just because he is a west Aussie and number 2 pick (I think)?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Draft:

27: Mitch Antonio/HBF
60: KPD
78: Jordan Matera (F/S)
Rookie: Ruck

Rather draft more mids no?

Coniglio won't happen, actually don't see us getting anybody like that

Last edited:
No way I'd give a top ten pick for Coniglio as every man and his dog seems to want. Can someone who knows please remind me what is so good about him, what he has achieved to date other than being injured a lot? Or is it just because he is a west Aussie and number 2 pick (I think)?

Just watch his last two games to see what he can provide. Here is his stats for those games:

26 disposals (77% DE), 5 marks, 8 tackles and 2 goals
24 disposals (79.2% DE), 8 marks, 10 tackles and a goal (against a very strong Sydney midfield)

Just watch his last two games to see what he can provide. Here is his stats for those games:

24 disposals (79.2% DE), 8 marks, 10 tackles and a goal (against a very strong Sydney midfield)

Shits on our mids. Masten had 1 tackle last game, Wellingham 2 tackles, Rosa Shuey Gaff 3 tackles each, Sheed 4 tackles (would not consider trading Sheed)

Ok cool but would he seriously be worth a top 10 pick? I know I could find similar or better stats if I hand picked a few games from our mids. If you've followed him at gws, Does he actually stand up and impact games regularly?would he be the missing link?

Wellingham actually chased really hard though, I thought he was good defensively.
If Wellers didnt make so many skill errors ie miss targets, smothered off the boot he'd probably get a pass mark. I watched the replay today And thought Josh Hill had a good second half when the ball was in our attacking end and he was lightning quick when he chased down Stephen Hill. Forward pressure and overhead marking and accuracy in front of goal.

Ok cool but would he seriously be worth a top 10 pick? I know I could find similar or better stats if I hand picked a few games from our mids. If you've followed him at gws, Does he actually stand up and impact games regularly?would he be the missing link?

Watched him very closely this year-
He's been very close to gws's best this year IMO. He runs back to support his defenders, he works hard to create an option on the outside, uses the ball well, and finishes when he gets his chance. Well supported by an improving midfield, but for mine, he's leading them this year.

To be fair, 2 of those games have been against bottom sides in st kilda & Melbourne. Will need to continue his good form before taking that next step into the next echelon. It's a shame he had that hand injury last year as he was building some momentum.

In a midfield that is crying out for elite talent, and desperate to take advantage of an excellent spine we could do far worse than trading our 1st pick to get him. If that pick happens to be 1-5 (heaven forbid, but not out of the question) I would hope that we try to ask for a trade similar to the orourke deal. Pick 6-10 I could live with as a straight swap.

Watched him very closely this year-
He's been very close to gws's best this year IMO. He runs back to support his defenders, he works hard to create an option on the outside, uses the ball well, and finishes when he gets his chance. Well supported by an improving midfield, but for mine, he's leading them this year.

To be fair, 2 of those games have been against bottom sides in st kilda & Melbourne. Will need to continue his good form before taking that next step into the next echelon. It's a shame he had that hand injury last year as he was building some momentum.

In a midfield that is crying out for elite talent, and desperate to take advantage of an excellent spine we could do far worse than trading our 1st pick to get him. If that pick happens to be 1-5 (heaven forbid, but not out of the question) I would hope that we try to ask for a trade similar to the orourke deal. Pick 6-10 I could live with as a straight swap.

Sounds great, I guess I should have paid more attention before posting, I'll keep an eye on him for the rest of the season I think and make proper judgement then. Cheers for the insight jesterwester.

The most important question.

Do you think Josh Kennedy will be apart of your next push for a flag?

He is your most valuable player trade wise. Josh is 28 this season, if you think you will be pushing for a flag in the next 3 years then you should keep him. If you think it'll take longer than 3 years you should trade him for a top draft pick (1-4) or a young proven gun midfielder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back