Competitions 2015 Supercoach and Dreamteam Questions

Remove this Banner Ad

******* Hurn, ******* Yeo. I was hoping for at least 160 between them but only have 110. Beating Laguna Babes, but nervous about my other league.

Hey guys, from a SuperCoach perspective what is Goddard's role likely to be for the rest of the season? Watched the game vs Hawks and saw him floating forwards and back, and also see that last year played this role in some games, but for the most part was in the mids.

Do you guys see him returning to a full-time mid role anytime soon?

Appreciate any help, cheers :)

Hey guys, from a SuperCoach perspective what is Goddard's role likely to be for the rest of the season? Watched the game vs Hawks and saw him floating forwards and back, and also see that he played his role in some games, but for the most part was in the mids.

Do you guys see him returning to a full-time mid role anytime soon?

Appreciate any help, cheers :)
He seems to be a utility these days. I thought we missed an opportunity in the last quarter to play him in the middle, given his (supposedly) stronger match fitness, however he stayed for the most part on a back flank.

Seems he's going to be a utility who goes wherever he wants/is needed.

I'll do you a solid -- get on Zach Merrett.

Steven, Pendlebury, Oxley and Roberton were pretty handy tonight. Really happy with Roberton and Oxley especially, might be able to get a premium for them next week.

Steven, Pendlebury, Oxley and Roberton were pretty handy tonight. Really happy with Roberton and Oxley especially, might be able to get a premium for them next week.
Oxley in particular has plenty of mooing to go, and is scoring better than almost every premo (excluding his first cramp-affected game). Don't trade him out. :thumbsu:

Told you guys newnes would poo it up

Hey guys, dream team related question **sorry - delete if unecessary** why was this guy Sub last week? Looking to draft him as a FA this week... is he a realistic sub chance every week?

Seems to get a decent score when not subbed, does have the odd down game but can also kill it.

Hey guys, dream team related question **sorry - delete if unecessary** why was this guy Sub last week? Looking to draft him as a FA this week... is he a realistic sub chance every week?

Seems to get a decent score when not subbed, does have the odd down game but can also kill it.
Going to bring your question over here. He's a sub chance every week so I'd stay away from him.

Hi there! First I'd like to say how I'm looking forward to the big match on Saturday as I'm sure you all are, here's hoping for a ripper game.

Anyways, I'm just curious about Cale Hooker and his amazing form this year, and also the early part of last year. Just a few questions:
What sort of role is he playing? I see that he is racking up disposals and marks in the back half; is he playing quite liberally off his opponent and being a creative playmaker?
I know in past years Hooker has locked down on Travis Cloke amongst other key forwards. Will he being doing this at certain times during the year purely to negate his opponent, or is he being coached to have a balanced game with offensive qualities too? Will this vary from game to game?
Why did his form taper off last year, with regards to disposals and marks, and was this due to a change in role?

Now I ask these questions with a consideration for my fantasy football leagues, but also out of general interest. Good luck on the weekend!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi there! First I'd like to say how I'm looking forward to the big match on Saturday as I'm sure you all are, here's hoping for a ripper game.

Anyways, I'm just curious about Cale Hooker and his amazing form this year, and also the early part of last year. Just a few questions:
What sort of role is he playing? I see that he is racking up disposals and marks in the back half; is he playing quite liberally off his opponent and being a creative playmaker?
I know in past years Hooker has locked down on Travis Cloke amongst other key forwards. Will he being doing this at certain times during the year purely to negate his opponent, or is he being coached to have a balanced game with offensive qualities too? Will this vary from game to game?
Why did his form taper off last year, with regards to disposals and marks, and was this due to a change in role?

Now I ask these questions with a consideration for my fantasy football leagues, but also out of general interest. Good luck on the weekend!

I would say he is still giving a lot of respect to his opponent, but he backs himself in to take the mark quite often and He is also quite prepared to leave his man to take intercept marks and this is why he is racking up so much of the ball, plus his delivery out of defence has been very good so far. Essendon are pretty confident in all of our defenders to take on the attacking kicks out of defence.

Dustin Fletcher has been incredibly good for Cale's game.
He's like Dustin Fletcher when reading the play and zoning off his man. However, instead of going the fist he marks the ball.

He's not taking the best forward anymore, not from the first few rounds anyway, Hurley's doing a good job on them. So this is freeing him up to get to the contest and take his clean intercept marks in the back half

He's not taking the best forward anymore, not from the first few rounds anyway, Hurley's doing a good job on them. So this is freeing him up to get to the contest and take his clean intercept marks in the back half

Hurley has done a better job on Franklin and Roughead than Hooker. But Hooker is now a very very good player anyway.

Hurley has done a better job on Franklin and Roughead than Hooker. But Hooker is now a very very good player anyway.
Hooker beat Roughead comprehensively last year, his struggles with Buddy are well documented but think he would acquit himself much better in this duel if called upon again....Hurley is the better match up for Franklin however and Hooker has the height and reach to play on Tippett (Hurley doesn't). Point being that I don't think it' the case that Hurley now plays on the number 1 forward - it depends on match-ups.

Hurley plays on more mobile forwards, Hooker on the gorillas and taller forwards. Imagine Hooker will get Cloke and Hurley will play on White against Pies.

Hooker is very strong, deceptively so - can go body on body with Cloke, Hawkins, Roughhead et al. More so that Hurley despite the fact he looks burlier.

Hawthorn game showed that he can really hurt teams who don't require him to take a dangerous forward - can zone off, read the play and intercept mark at will in this scenario.

Have to have Elliott Yeo.
Yeah, this was a mistake. Ended up just downgrading him to Goddard in defence to get Oxley as a loophole.

Got my Brett Goodes voodoo doll out. I'm using him to loophole Oxley and McIntosh, and there are rumblings about Stringer being a late out...
You can always swap McIntosh for him?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back