Yarran gone for weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
7.27 ball up last quarter. Go nuts.

Are you serious? That wasn't a punch, it was a push away between two players locked up.

Again, that sort of thing would happen 30 times a game. A left hook to the face is a lot less common.

Are you serious? That wasn't a punch, it was a push away between two players locked up.

Again, that sort of thing would happen 30 times a game. A left hook to the face is a lot less common.
Be kind, BM123 spent the last 48 hours painstakingly pausing and scrutinising looking for something. Let them have this

sniped by a coward.

Man what planet are you on? Is Chapman your Dad?

He roughed the guy up behind play like a w***er and got sat on his ass for his trouble. He wasn't sniped or king hit, he needlessly pulled an opposition player in for a physical confrontation off the ball and ended up getting more than he bargained for. Then after he's been bested in the incident he instigated he's popped up at the tribunal and said: "awwww, I didn't think he'd punch me in the face :(

And don't bother with the "Yarran let his team down" garbage. It was just a guy in a team destined to miss the top 8 who wasn't gonna stand for Chappy's s**t. That's where it begins and ends. Behind closed doors I'm sure our players are quite ok with it, and I wouldn't be surprised if that feeling extends to other clubs as well.

He roughed the guy up behind play like a ****** and got sat on his ass for his trouble. He wasn't sniped or king hit, he needlessly pulled an opposition player in for a physical confrontation off the ball and ended up getting more than he bargained for. Then after he's been bested in the incident he instigated he's popped up at the tribunal and said: "awwww, I didn't think he'd punch me in the face :(

I'm on the planet where it's not okay to punch someone in the face on a football field.

What planet are you guys on?

He was sniped, because players in the AFL assume that they wont get punched in the face because of the tribunal penalties. Yarran stepped up the fight in a way that Chapman would not have expected and could not match because of AFL rules. He's absolutely sniped him.

Yarran going toe to toe in a wrestle with him when they were locked up was perfectly reasonable. The left hook to the face was taking advantage of someone not expecting a punch.

If Chapman had punched Yarran during the same wrestle, you guys would be going mental calling him a coward and a sniper.

He's only let his team down if you consider that the players in his team might want to win a game at some point and would like a best 22 player on the field. I guess if you're not worried about winning, I can see why you don't care.

He roughed the guy up behind play like a ****** and got sat on his ass for his trouble. He wasn't sniped or king hit, he needlessly pulled an opposition player in for a physical confrontation off the ball and ended up getting more than he bargained for. Then after he's been bested in the incident he instigated he's popped up at the tribunal and said: "awwww, I didn't think he'd punch me in the face :(

And don't bother with the "Yarran let his team down" garbage. It was just a guy in a team destined to miss the top 8 who wasn't gonna stand for Chappy's s**t. That's where it begins and ends. Behind closed doors I'm sure our players are quite ok with it, and I wouldn't be surprised if that feeling extends to other clubs as well.

Chapman shits gold and pisses silver according to Essendon supporters + El Scorcho.

"Push away"

Right....I'm sure Chapman just pushed "someone away" with a clenched fist onto a guys face when that game has 8cm's on him as well.

This thread seems to have devolved into a few knobbish Carlton fans trying to justify/defend an act condemned by most sensible Blues fans, and a few equally knobbish Essendon fans thinking its important to fight the good fight despite it being utterly meaningless.

Premiership captain and close friend of Chapman Cameron Ling disagrees with you.

Ling v "El Scorcho"

Not the most astute mind in football Cameron Ling?!?!

Maybe i'm wrong about everything if Cameron Ling says so. I'll have to check with Darce and BT as well just to get full confirmation from football's holy triumvirate of brainpower.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not the most astute mind in football Cameron Ling?!?!

Maybe i'm wrong about everything if Cameron Ling says so. I'll have to check with Darce and BT as well just to get full confirmation from football's holy triumvirate of brainpower.

So you actually think that you know more about Chapman then Ling does?

So you actually think that you know more about Chapman then Ling does?

I think if Ling thinks this will in any way tarnish Chapman's legacy or standing in the game amongst anyone but a few Carlton supporters, he's a bigger idiot than he comes across as on TV.

I'm on the planet where it's not okay to punch someone in the face on a football field.

He was sniped, because players in the AFL assume that they wont get punched in the face because of the tribunal penalties. Yarran stepped up the fight in a way that Chapman would not have expected and could not match because of AFL rules. He's absolutely sniped him.

You're never gonna believe this man, but sometimes players step outside the whole mythical AFL world.

This is one of those situations where the guy has defended himself on a personal level. Chapman wanted to stand there hiding behind your invisible 'AFL rules' throwing jumper punches and elbows thinking he was immune from retribution. He is the one who is the cheat, the sniper and the coward - he's the one trying to use the system to score cheap shot after cheap shot against his opponent thinking the guy can't do anything about it. He's hitting only because he thinks he can't get hit back.

But he pushed Yarran beyond the 'game' to the point where it became a fundamental man-vs-man scenario, and he got found out. Badly.

Basically if you want to do this sort of garbage behind play that is outside the spirit of the game, then you can't be shocked when the other guy doesn't play by the rules either. Nor when he beats you at your own game.

You're never gonna believe this man, but sometimes players step outside the whole mythical AFL world.

This is one of those situations where the guy has defended himself on a personal level. Chapman wanted to stand there hiding behind your invisible 'AFL rules' throwing jumper punches and elbows thinking he was immune from retribution. He is the one who is the cheat, the sniper and the coward - he's the one trying to use the system to score cheap shot after cheap shot against his opponent thinking the guy can't do anything about it. He's hitting only because he thinks he can't get hit back.

Chapman was displaying the sort of physicality that has made him and the teams he played in one of the greatest teams of all time. If you can't hold your own physically, you'll be bullied out of games over and over and over again. Chapman didn't give away frees. Chapman didn't get reported. Chapman didn't get weeks. He knows how physical he can be, all the good teams and players do.

You can either be one of the teams that cops it and cry about it, or you can learn how to handle yourselves physically.

But he pushed Yarran beyond the 'game' to the point where it became a fundamental man-vs-man scenario, and he got found out. Badly.

He pushed Yarran to a point where Yarran could no longer control himself and did something wildly out of the rules to vent his frustration. This wasn't a stand up fight. This was a football match, and Yarran was forced to do something wildly unusual and outside of the rules to get even. Chapman got into Yarran's head and Yarran can now think about it for 3 weeks while his teammates play without him.

Yarran threw a punch because he got absolutely pantsed in the mental battle.

Yarran ended up with 10 touches and no goals in a side that lost and hasn't won all year. Chapman kicked 2 goals in a side that has top 4 aspirations.

Basically if you want to do this sort of garbage behind play that is outside the spirit of the game, then you can't be shocked when the other guy doesn't play by the rules either. Nor when he beats you at your own game.

Chapman's "own game" is football. And he won. With 0 free kicks against, 0 reports and 0 weeks on the sideline.

If Yarran wants to be a boxer, maybe he should go and do that.

Don't beat around the bush here.

Do you think you know more about Chapman then Ling does?

No.

I do know that this event will in no way tarnish Chapman's reputation, and that Ling says a lot of stupid things on TV.

I couldn't give a s**t about Chapman.

You guys are trying to defend one of the most moronic and gutless brainsnaps i've seen on an AFL football field as if it's your "line in the sand" moment and as if Chris Yarran is some sort of brave hero.

It's amusing that a mental disintegration of one of your players is the best thing you've got to hang your hat on this season.

3 weeks isn't much at all.
Not sure what else would warrant more.
Maybe Vickery and Conca were cheaper shots but clear intentional punches surely deserve more than 3?
I'm glad the MRP have cleaned up accidental/incidental incidents this year to less severe punishment.
Intentional punches though? 3 is lucky

I think three weeks is about right. However moronic the act was Chapman wasn't seriously hurt. The intent was definitely there though and I'm sure Yarran will dwell on how much of an idiot he's been as he watches from the stands.

Sliding Doors

If:
someone thinks that a triple premiership, 2 time All Australian, North Smith medalist will be remembered for that one time some B grader punched him so hard that he kept playing, kicked a few snags and had more influence on the game than his actual attacker

Then: they're most likely a delusional Carlton supporter trying to salvage anything out of what has been an embarrassing start to the season and will most likely get worse.

220px-Paul_Chapman_2011_Premiership_Parade_1.JPG

Enters the thread baiting, and once the dust settles comes back to bait with is a parting shot.

I see a Pies supporter giving it to Chappy and I see multiple posters on other team boards giving it to him as well. If you want to troll Carlton's season, go to the Bay or go to the Carlton board banter thread where these things are fair game. No need to stink up legitimate threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back