Preview Round 5, 2015 - North Melbourne v Hawthorn, 2 May 2015, 7.20pm @ Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate games against North, I don't hate North, I just hate when we play them. They are so that useless annoying kid from down the street that heckles you till you do something stupid.

I think they will trouble us again. With our current back six combo, we'll probably play their forwards into form. This is going to be a 50/50 painful scrap.

I hate games against North, I don't hate North, I just hate when we play them. They are so that useless annoying kid from down the street that heckles you till you do something stupid.

I think they will trouble us again. With our current back six combo, we'll probably play their forwards into form. This is going to be a 50/50 painful scrap.

We have to get on top in the midfield in this game and deny them inside 50 entries. If we can do that as well as improving on our delivery going inside 50 we can win.

The last time we played them Thompson and Hansen dominated down back taking uncontested marks repeatedly. That's something we can't allow to happen again.

I am sick to death with key back injuries every year! So, that will teach everyone (inc. players and supporters) to stop talking up our 'depth' . There definitely is a footy God out there with an awful sense of humor ! We will not lose many games after this week though.

Shoe is the next guy and he was our regular chb two years ago

Not a lot beyond him though

We have to get on top in the midfield in this game and deny them inside 50 entries. If we can do that as well as improving on our delivery going inside 50 we can win.

The last time we played them Thompson and Hansen dominated down back taking uncontested marks repeatedly. That's something we can't allow to happen again.

For starters lets not bomb dumbly into 50, that's how they get their uncontested marks.

McEvoy was okay at FB against Essendon, but Schulz was always going to cut him apart. Schulz is the type that beats Lake with pace on the lead. Frawley or Schoenmakers are more likely types.

The poor quarter against Essendon actually came in the 2nd, not the 1st. We only lost the 1st quarter to Essendon by 5 points. The 2nd by 16. Which in itself isn't all that bad, it only looked bad at the time because they kicked their 5 for that quarter all in a row before we responded with 2 goals before half time.

We must pick up where we left off against Port, intensity and aggression and attack on the footy from the first bounce
Anyone know what Schoenmakers body is like this year? Last year was a bit top heavy and I want to know what it is like this year.

Think we will find out Saturday night

Anyone know what Schoenmakers body is like this year? Last year was a bit top heavy and I want to know what it is like this year.
He has stripped down 6-7 kgs and is covering the grass a lot better this year. Looks fit but hasn't had much football over the last couple of weeks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Afternoon All.

I was wondering what the likely matchups for: Petrie, Brown and Waite could be.

That is a tall forward line and they can all clunk a mark.

Also, any ideas on how they can curb Goldsteins influence around the ground? He is almost behaving like an oversized mid-fielder atm.

Cheers

Afternoon All.

Also, any ideas on how they can curb Goldsteins influence around the ground? He is almost behaving like an oversized mid-fielder atm.

Cheers
Major problem for us this week.

Schoenmakers probably goes to Petrie, Stratton to Brown and Gibbo to Waite. All undersized so it doesnt really matter about the match up.

All about midfield pressure

Afternoon All.

Cheers

Lake to choke Petrie.

Bart Simpson to take care of Sideshow Bob.

Waite is from Carlton.

At training last week, he looked a hell of a lot leaner, but still bigger than his early years.

Happy to report his kicking is still sublime

Afternoon All.

Cheers

Ceglar will get the Goldstein gig, he has good mobility and can track goldstein arond the ground far better than big boy.

I'd expect to see McEvoy on Goldstein if he goes forward though

Not sure but I reckon having had a full pre-season and 12 months since his return game will do him well. Has actually been able to get some running fitness under his belt.

Can anyone let me know where we can sit on Saturday night? General Admission only... Up in the rafters I suspect!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back