Changes v Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crouch for douggy, grigg for Sloane, lever for hendo, kedge for vb or wright, even rest sauce and let Jenkins play first ruck with ROB up fwd

Gold Coast are a rabble now is the time to rest a couple

s**t, some big outs for the GC.... This is a perfect game for us to reward sanfl form and get some confidence back into the team.

B: Saad Thompson Schade
HB: Kolojas T. Lynch? Lemmens
C: Harbrow Prestia M.Shaw
HF: Sexton Dixon Russell?
FF: Hall Z.Smith? Stanley?
R: Nicholls Rischi Lonergan

I: Glenn, Miller, Hallahan (3 midfielders on the interchange is a concern, but unsure of who else plays?)
S: Raines?

Out: Tape, Bennell, Martin, Mckenzie, Matera, May, Gartlett
IN: R. Thompson, Hall, Z. Smith, Russell, Stanley, Hallahan, Raines

This could somewhat resemble what GC will line up as on the weekend. They'd be praying Rory Thompson is right to come in, and even then I have Tom Lynch going back to help out and them bringing in one of 2 metre Peter (Wright) or Zac Smith to play up forward. Obviously GC dont want to send their best forward in Lynch down to their backline, but it may be their only option? not too familiar with how any of their other talls are travelling.

If we dont win this game by at least 40 points im going to be mega pissed. If we can put North to the sword and win by 77 or whatever it was, then this HAS to be a huge win for me to be satisfied. It SHOULD be a huge win if we play similarly to how we did in the showdown and apply that level of intensity and pressure.

Forget the Ins and Outs for now, the biggest test is going to come down to Walsh and his coaching staff to get our players prepped mentally and have them raring to go at the first bounce. We have already shown some complacency, don't want to see it again. We need to be up and about for this game and put an extremely undermanned GC to bed and not let them get out again.

I: Glenn, Miller, Hallahan (3 midfielders on the interchange is a concern, but unsure of who else plays?)

This could somewhat resemble what GC will line up as on the weekend. They'd be praying Rory Thompson is right to come in, and even then I have Tom Lynch going back to help out and them bringing in one of 2 metre Peter (Wright) or Zac Smith to play up forward. Obviously GC dont want to send their best forward in Lynch down to their backline, but it may be their only option? not too familiar with how any of their other talls are travelling.

If we dont win this game by at least 40 points im going to be mega pissed. If we can put North to the sword and win by 77 or whatever it was, then this HAS to be a huge win for me to be satisfied. It SHOULD be a huge win if we play similarly to how we did in the showdown and apply that level of intensity and pressure.

Forget the Ins and Outs for now, the biggest test is going to come down to Walsh and his coaching staff to get our players prepped mentally and have them raring to go at the first bounce. We have already shown some complacency, don't want to see it again. We need to be up and about for this game and put an extremely undermanned GC to bed and not let them get out again.

Thompson may not be an in for them

Thompson may not be an in for them

Hmmm, Crouch in prob means Kerridge plays 2's again.

If they pick Grigg (which they should) he better not be sub!!

Perfect game for Hartigan to come back in. And Lever. And O'Brien!

Ha! Can't quite see all of Hartigan, Lever and O'Brien playing... But you never know :)

As for Grigg, it's completely insane, but he has played his last seven games for the club as sub. Is it just me or is that rubbish player management? As tempting as it is to wield the axe and make sweeping changes, I can't see us really making too many changes to a team that essentially dominated a top four side but burned their chances badly.

Outs: Douglas, Sloane, Wright
Ins: Grigg, M. Crouch, Lever

Though I won't be surprised if they only go with the enforced changes due to injury. And as much as people want JJ to be dropped, his output this season pretty much matches that of a Drew Petrie or Jesse White and he is still on course to kick 35 goals... Though there is still obvious room for improvement!

We pick our best side on form and we go in to this game with a absolute ruthless attitude

Agreed. There are going to be a lot of teams around the mark toward the pointy end of the season. In addition to this being an obvious must win game, we must look to capitalize on a depleted team. % will play a role come August/September.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Updated for Sloane's injury.

Reward good form, no injured players & Sanfl for those needing to find form.

All going well, sub off Jacobs & give O'Brien a good hitout. Also, he can be insurance if lynch to strong for lever who can revert to a 3rd tall.

B: Cheney, Talia, Brown
Hb: jaensch, lever, laird
c: MacKay, Ellis-yolmen, Smith
Hf: Grigg, lynch, Lyons
f: Betts, walker, kerridge
r: Jacobs, Dangerfield, Thompson
I: Kelly, m crouch, O'Brien, Henderson (sub)

In: O'Brien, kerridge, Lyons, Grigg, m crouch, lever
out: Jenkins, van berlo, Cameron, Douglas, Sloane, Wright

Missing from Gold Coast best 22

Bennell (best player last week)
McKenzie (under 22 All Australian last year)
Matera (their best small forward)
May (their best full back)
Martin (mini draft recruit)
Tape (solid fringe best 22 player)
Garlett (scored arguably goal of the year a few weeks ago)
Day (solid 3rd tall, scored 20 odd goals last year)
Malceski (All Australian last year, Prized Recruit)
Swallow (Reigning best and fairest winner)
O'Meara (2013 rising star winner)
Ablett (best player in the afl)

Yeah...
We might have to lend them a couple of players like at primary school

May's guilty.
Really tough I reckon. He didn't do much wrong, a bit of body work in order to take possession of the ball. His 'crime' was that he is 6 inches taller than Rockliff.

Still, that's the way things are. You knock a bloke out you're guilty no matter what.

Updated for Sloane's injury.

Reward good form, no injured players & Sanfl for those needing to find form.

All going well, sub off Jacobs & give O'Brien a good hitout. Also, he can be insurance if lynch to strong for lever who can revert to a 3rd tall.

B: Cheney, Talia, Brown
Hb: jaensch, lever, laird
c: MacKay, Ellis-yolmen, Smith
Hf: Grigg, lynch, Lyons
f: Betts, walker, kerridge
r: Jacobs, Dangerfield, Thompson
I: Kelly, m crouch, O'Brien, Henderson (sub)

In: O'Brien, kerridge, Lyons, Grigg, m crouch, lever
out: Jenkins, van berlo, Cameron, Douglas, Sloane, Wright
Because we're totally a team who makes 6 changes. When was the last time we did?

As for Grigg, it's completely insane, but he has played his last seven games for the club as sub. Is it just me or is that rubbish player management? As tempting as it is to wield the axe and make sweeping changes, I can't see us really making too many changes to a team that essentially dominated a top four side but burned their chances badly.
It's not bad man management, it's a reflection of where he stands in the team pecking order. Wrightly or wrongly, there are at least 21 players who are preferred to him. If he's the last player selected, then he gets the vest - it really is that simple. You don't give one of the best 21 players the vest, because you want them playing as much of the game as possible. It's sad for him, but this is his 4th season on the list and he hasn't come remotely close to establishing himself in the senior team. If he wants to play a full game then he has to demonstrate to the coaches that he's better than at least one of the players currently in the team.
Outs: Douglas, Sloane, Wright
Ins: Grigg, M. Crouch, Lever
Swap Kerridge for Grigg and you're probably on the money.
Though I won't be surprised if they only go with the enforced changes due to injury. And as much as people want JJ to be dropped, his output this season pretty much matches that of a Drew Petrie or Jesse White and he is still on course to kick 35 goals... Though there is still obvious room for improvement!
Nicely put!

Really tough I reckon. He didn't do much wrong, a bit of body work in order to take possession of the ball. His 'crime' was that he is 6 inches taller than Rockliff.

Still, that's the way things are. You knock a bloke out you're guilty no matter what.
Unless the bloke you knock out is Tom Lynch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back