List Mgmt. 2016 general list discussion and speculation (cont in Pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motlop did briefly say in his presser yesterday that he was in talks with club about his contract, which is better than hearing they've been put off.

The more I hear him talk lately the more I'm actually leaning more towards him staying, seems to be pretty happy and gets involved in club media stuff that he doesn't necessarily have to do and if he had made a premeditated decision to jump ship, he probably wouldn't get so involved. Heard him mention he's building good relationships with new kids too somewhere recently and talk very positively about them. Fingers crossed.

8 touches 4 tackles in a bit over a quarter of football but didn't catch any of the game.

8 touches 4 tackles in a bit over a quarter of football but didn't catch any of the game.
4 Tackles in a quarter for one player... well obvious Carlton do no need him.

I can only hope he would like to play with his brother. Another tough player.... I could imagine what he would have done last night to the Scarf on his brother neck.

Henderson just said on channel 10 news that he was happy at the Blues, just want to play and hit his straps before he has contract talks.

Does watching how Carlton are playing make your price go up or down. I suspect he may think they are years away from being a real side, maybe time to hit the highway.

Does watching how Carlton are playing make your price go up or down. I suspect he may think they are years away from being a real side, maybe time to hit the highway.
The 'R' word has got to scare an out of contract 25 year old.

List changes
Out
McIntosh
Hartman
Blease
Cowan
Enright
1 more Vet (Rivers/Bartel/Kelly) for cap room

IN
Danger (free agent)
S.Selwood (free agent)
Henderon (2nd rd pick 28) - prob going to have to be be a pick btw 18-24 in reality.
Pick 10
Pick 42
Pick 60

List changes
Out
McIntosh
Hartman
Blease
Cowan
Enright

IN
Danger (free agent)
S.Selwood (free agent)
Henderon (2nd rd pick 28) - prob going to have to be be a pick btw 18-24 in reality.
Pick 10
Pick 42
Pick 60

Kelly & Johnson certainties surely agree with everything else

(Log in to remove this ad.)

List changes
Out
McIntosh
Hartman
Blease
Cowan
Enright

IN
Danger (free agent)
S.Selwood (free agent)
Pick 10
Pick 42
Pick 60

Why Blease? I have not been convinced either way atm.... and by seasons end he may well go... but a lot pre judgement happening around this player imo

Hmac , Hartman , Toohey , Enright would be the only ones id be sure off atm

My guess on Henderson , is Car will not trade him for P28 etc. It would take a pick inside the R1..whether thats a Christensen type pick at P21 or not.. have to wait/see. Maybe a pick and player. Personally Ive said it before , Id prefer to use our R1 on a GWS player or two..if we are to trade it.

Henderson isn't a free agent. Would Geelong give up their first rounder for him? If so what's highest (lowest) pick they'd trade for him?
A double digit first round pick but not anything better.

Henderson isn't a free agent. Would Geelong give up their first rounder for him? If so what's highest (lowest) pick they'd trade for him?
What Geelong will do is probably different to what most poster would do... Id say most of were very unhappy with getting Stanley , let alone paying 21.

Traditionally Geelong rarely trades R1, unless it has more than one Id say it would be very difficult to trade a single figure pick. Especially since its been so many years since we have had a pick earlier than 7. So finish....just inside/just outside the 8 ... if we can add a couple of FA mids , yes I think we may trade our R1 . It may well be part of selling the club to other potential recruits that we are not planning multiple years to rebuild.

Why trade our R1..We probably feel our you guys are reasonable and just need games..and support from more mature types.
Why not. Well if its a really early pick the quality of the the long term kid may be just too tempting.

My preference would be find another way to satisfy Carlton and keep our R1 for use elsewhere....
Like uniting brothers for example. R1 for Kade Kolo sound about right?

We ended up trading pretty heavily for Ottens. But he was better than Henderson is. I like the idea of getting the other Kolodjashnij but he is playing senior football and was taken at pick 5. He'd have to walk out on the club for them to even consider our first round pick?

I don't think Carlton will get a first rounder for Henderson so... If we end up with pick 9 or 10 and picks 30 and 40 we might do some magic and split them into picks 15 - 30 - 32 and 35 or something. And trade 30 and 35 for Henderson. It would suit the Blues list build too IMO.

It will be interesting to see how hard SOS goes - there is an argument that you don't rip the heart out of a playing list. But I would clear Kreuzer, Warnock, Murphy, Gibbs, Thomas etc that would free up about 3 million a year - keep Army and Yarran you know the blokes who actually give a s**t and go from there with a decent amount of picks in the top 30.

Then again if we do get Danger and/or Scooter maybe we give our first round away for Henderson and their pick 30... I wouldn't cry over that trade as long as we had one or two of the aforementioned.

As above I would be happy to send our first rounder and candy to GWS for one of their out of contract mids... if we had Danger/Scooter.

Carlton won't accept 30+35. That's a laughable suggestion.

They'll be after a 10-15 pick at the very least. He's a quality defender.
I know what your saying... but have a look at Gregson P45. What Car needs more than anything is positive spin, a bit of clear fresh air.
So yes I agree 10-15 is what they would want , and probably should get but a switched on drafter could turn two picks in the 30's into a long term win.

Ive gotta ask, why do so many on here talk so positively about getting Scooter Selwood to the club next year? We've got enough problems with injury prone players as it is, why are people on here so keen to add another? Is it purely romance regarding reuniting him with his brother?

Personally i think we should be chasing an inside mid from GWS or T. Mitchell if it's possible after Danger signs on. I think we should be staying as far away from Scooter as possible.

Then again if we do get Danger and/or Scooter maybe we give our first round away for Henderson and their pick 30... I wouldn't cry over that trade as long as we had one or two of the aforementioned.
My thinking is the pitch to both the mids will be that we are not rebuilding , we are refining and adding.to be stronger immediately. If we add two middle 20 mids then yes id be willing to trade our R1 for another PnP player like Henderson

As above I would be happy to send our first rounder and candy to GWS for one of their out of contract mids... if we had Danger/Scooter.

My preference in trading R1 would be to do a deal with GWS with their players , they could lose two very good kids and it wouldn't make a dent. If we do not get the short term FA's then a longer approach would be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back