Gold Coast Suns - ASADA investigation of Dank, Bock & Robinson.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol at this deflection attempt.
That old deflection chestnut... thats a new one...

But sadly for some the Gold Coast Suns and associated personal are linked to this... its just the AFL dont want us to believe so and would prefer that we focused this solely on Essendon rather than the basket case of a club that they have invested 100Mil in. If the Essendon saga... didnt bring down the AFL Exec... this just might.

Perhaps they will later - when the Essendon issue is done - matter of time prioritisation.
And for Dank its not just the sporting implications but the lack of records etc where he needs pain and shame. And the alleged medicare fraud.
Dean Robinson should be of equal priority to Dank... unless of course he already did a deal with ASADA to rat on others. Might explain why his evidence has carried more weight than others at the club...

The first to sing gets special treatment - isn't that the usual carrot offered in any investiagtions.

BTW will lose my s**t if Dank sings and gets himself off - even if it means Hird and Essendon go down. Yes, you read that right. I hate Dank much more than Essendon.

Dank can't 'sing' at this point. He's in way too deep to get away with it.

If he suddenly drops everybody in it, he leaves himself open to sued by all and sundry until the end of time. Dank has shown himself to be incredibly stupid throughout this saga but even he wouldn't be that stupid.

Surely???

Dean Robinson should be of equal priority to Dank... unless of course he already did a deal with ASADA to rat on others. Might explain why his evidence has carried more weight than others at the club...
Without knowing any of the brief, evidence or anything used at the Tribunal you have drawn a long bow as to who, what and when. It might pay to crank back your rev's until something more is known.

Dank can't 'sing' at this point. He's in way too deep to get away with it.

If he suddenly drops everybody in it, he leaves himself open to sued by all and sundry until the end of time. Dank has shown himself to be incredibly stupid throughout this saga but even he wouldn't be that stupid.

Surely???

Stupid is as stupid does. I think repeated needling and pressure will cause him to crack.

Without knowing any of the brief, evidence or anything used at the Tribunal you have drawn a long bow as to who, what and when. It might pay to crank back your rev's until something more is known.
Pretty sure based on the information that is availble and after a thorough 3 year ASADA investigation.. they could easily move on this if they wanted. Not hard to issue a SCN and see...

Ummmm nope... pretty clear cut case at GCS. Robinson buys CJC for Bock... supplies to Bock for $800... Bock injects and then its game over! No more no less... Both should be facing sanctions yet strangely neither are as yet!! There is no debate surrounding CJC by the way.... straight out banned as our NRL friends found out and so quickly accepted the 3 match sanction.
Not without the appropriate trails, tests at every handover point of the substance, etc.
Without the full end-to-trail it would stall at the Tribunal, same as the EFC 34 and the Dank 10+ have.

Can see from ASADA perspective which be the better one to test case on first though - one isolated instance and substance, versus a near year long, team wide, a list of questionable substances and an absolute lack of any controls or governance? Sure, that single one looks the most likely to succeed!

Hence why the CAS escalation is required otherwise other cases like this one are also going to be held to the same standard of satisfactions.

And as Reg posted earlier - I don't know that confirming Dank's usual mode of opeation anywhere else (on top of what the AFL Tribunal already has) is going to help your players.

It really makes his longer term attachment to your club, an even larger oversight.

Pretty sure based on the information that is availble and after a thorough 3 year ASADA investigation.. they could easily move on this if they wanted. Not hard to issue a SCN and see...
If the evidence used by ASADA was so flimsy, so how can you be 'pretty sure' of the validity of that information used in your conclusions when based on that same flimsy evidence or part thereof.

Doesn't fit the narrative if Hird wasn't involved

Indeed it doesn't.

And since he wasn't involved, why do you bring him up.

Oh, to create some rival "look, we were picked on" narrative.

Jeez, North stood up for ourselves in far darker circumstances.

Your whole club is a few steps short of a contest.

Again this isnt about Essendon... The facts on this one are well know and not disputed! Nothing more.... nothing less.

No one except you disputes these facts... so how is it that Robinson and Bock are still free, yet Dank got life for the same charges? Not even a SCN as yet.... strange???

Lets think about the NRL example... players told to take a deal or they get 2 years. Most NRL players jump at the deal and take their 3 weeks... those that dont take the deal are still free to play as ASADA never got back to them... strange???
Other than media reports, what proof do you have. None of it has been tested by the AFL tribunal.

After ASADA failed to get bans on Essendon players, they realized that there wasn't enough hard evidence against Bock and Robinson. Probably. The injections Bock got were never tested just prior to injection and given a 100 percent stamp of approval as to what it was. Comfortable satisfaction, and all that.

The case against the GC and Bock is weak.

Was Bock injected Dank with banned substances. Maybe.

Is ASADA investigating? Maybe

How long does it take them in the simplest of cases? Waaay too long.

Was it part of a club wide regime? No

Is Bock still playing? No

Is Dank banned for life? Yes

How are Gold Coast going? Dreadful, it appears that cocaine is not a performance enhancing drug.

Other than media reports, what proof do you have. None of it has been tested by the AFL tribunal.

After ASADA failed to get bans on Essendon players, they realized that there wasn't enough hard evidence against Bock and Robinson. Probably. The injections Bock got were never tested just prior to injection and given a 100 percent stamp of approval as to what it was. Comfortable satisfaction, and all that.

The case against the GC and Bock is weak.

Good point, unless the finding that the substance in the vial must be tested. They are wasting their time looking at Bock. So the first thing for ASADA to do is wait for WADA's appeal to run its course.

ASADA has investigated this... just havent quite come around to finishing the investigation almost 3 years after it started. Bock has been investigated and it was found that Robinson purchased CJC for Bock.. gave it to Bock for $800 and Bock self injected himself. How can ASADA then just let it drift...

Same has applied to the NRL players who didnt take a deal.. ASADA has never followed up on these players since this time and they are free to play in any competition.

This is about dotting the i's and crossing the t's... doesnt require any further investigation as its a done deal and no suprise Bock has since retired.

$800 worth...that's a whole lot of CJC. http://www.peptidesciences.com/cjc-1295

Is the $800 on public record? Not saying you're wrong. Just that I hadn't seen that.

Agree ASADA should go hard on investigating Bock.

We don't know if they are or aren't.

Many of us recognise use of PED's is rife within the code. However, it is EFC that got caught with their hand in the cookie jar so need to now go through the process.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good point, unless the finding that the substance in the vial must be tested. They are wasting their time looking at Bock. So the first thing for ASADA to do is wait for WADA's appeal to run its course.
So if WADA fail in there attempt to get Essendon... does that mean that they should just give up of Robinson and Bock... or any other related cases? Melbourne will be happy with that outcome...

So if WADA fail in there attempt to get Essendon... does that mean that they should just give up of Robinson and Bock... or any other related cases? Melbourne will be happy with that outcome...
I think if they fail, they would need to reassess. If, however, WADA is successful at CAS, I would expect ASADA to revisit these (if they haven't already).

Gold Coast are in world of hurt over this

If five or six players are named ...sponsors will be nervous

What has Eade walked into ....

My thinking is this ....why some call,this trying to investigate something that happened six months ago

I'd be asking the obvious questions ...is it happening now? ...we can't change history. I had to laugh that threat Gold Coast still maintain it was good to being hunt to the club.......err really

On what basis?

But what do the afl expect placing an afl team that has 80% of players below 21 years of age and place the team on a night club strip with no footy heritage ...AND GIVE THEM 300k to 400k per player per season ...

OH DEAR ... I know how young people behave around alcohol and girls and night clubs .......

This was a very very poor choice of place for a club with such a young list in my view and was asking for trouble.

That said I think players will improve their off field behaviours once they find a nice chick to shack up with and they brain develops ...yes the male brain doesn't full develop until 25-26 ......

their first list should have been no draftees, it should have been something like the brisbane bears, but hopefully better veterans. but dont worry about winning or losing for the first decade. no draftees in the national draft. no liars. no one coming up for the money or the lifestyle. i would have taken all those melbourne players they dropped in the last half decade, mcdonald, bruce, mclean, maloney, green. then another 20 guys who were peripheral players in the afl. dan jackson, ok, like the melbourne players, was a b'n'f. you probably could get about 15 of those calibre, and pitch them about founding a club, creating a culture, and the team needs the foundation players.

creating a club culture was much more important than drafting the most talented 17 18 and 19 yo's in the nation. and potentially, if the jackpot of drafting the most talented 18yos worked, being given premierships. well, the AFL have worked out, this is not how you build a club or a team. You will destroy an 18yo if they dont have a team to develop in. devil's advocate would be GWS, conceded.

Last edited:
there first list should have been no draftees, it should have been something like the brisbane bears, but hopefully better veterans. but dont worry about winning or losing for the first decade. no draftees in the national draft. no liars. no one coming up for the money or the lifestyle. i would have taken all those melbourne players they dropped in the last half decade, mcdonald, bruce, mclean, maloney, green. then another 20 guys who were peripheral players in the afl. dan jackson, ok, like the melbourne players, was a b'n'f. you probably could get about 15 of those calibre, and pitch them about founding a club, creating a culture, and the team needs the foundation players.

creating a club culture was much more important than drafting the most talented 17 18 and 19 yo's in the nation. and potentially, if the jackpot of drafting the most talented 18yos worked, being given premierships. well, the AFL have worked out, this is not how you build a club or a team. You will destroy an 18yo if they dont have a team to develop in. devil's advocate would be GWS, conceded.

Spot on

This is club placed in a night club strip with so many distractions ...girls, money, cars ......drugs follow

No one but the players are to blame but your right the culture was poorly established ....

I have heard people saying things like we won't recruit players with dodgy pasts .....geez that would have eliminated buddy franklin, Peter matera ..Lockett ......and many others yet cousins was from a private school in Perth

You can't make character judgements on people - because it will burn you. You simply have to a motto like the swans have which is people will leave a better person than they came and no dick head policy ....but you get a chance.

I could see this was going to happen .....

ASADA has investigated this... just havent quite come around to finishing the investigation almost 3 years after it started. Bock has been investigated and it was found that Robinson purchased CJC for Bock.. gave it to Bock for $800 and Bock self injected himself. How can ASADA then just let it drift...

Same has applied to the NRL players who didnt take a deal.. ASADA has never followed up on these players since this time and they are free to play in any competition.

This is about dotting the i's and crossing the t's... doesnt require any further investigation as its a done deal and no suprise Bock has since retired.
vitamin cjc is the shhheeeeeiiit

I can only think of two possible reasons - and neither of them quite work.

The first is along the lines of what Large Fries is hinting in his book - and that was that the joint investigation was pretty much out of control because of the difference between the AFL objectives and ASADAs statutory responsibilities, and the AFL was determined from before the investigation started that regardless, no players were going to be sanctioned - there would be club penalties that provide an appearance of something being done but protect the AFL - and they needed a scalp. Hird was the chosen scalp in this instance. Presumably his profile made the AFL assume a sanction would satisfy the public (wrongly) and Robinson provided evidence that fitted with this outcome. The problem with this theory is that it only makes sense of the AFL actions, but doesn't explain ASADA.

My second theory is the tinfoil one - it's not beyond possibility that there is a joint agency agreement in place here between ASADA, ACC and AFP which is running alongside the ASADA investigation for serious, criminal activity by person or persons - almost certainly Dank plus possible others. This has the advantage of explaining why ASADA has held off on using coercive powers because they cause problems in criminal investigations. If my tin foil moment has any merit, it's possible that the agencies are holding off on Robinson (or even that they have come to some type of deal in return for cooperation).

I told you it was going to sound pretty crazy though.

As to the levels of outrage thing, I think media focus does a lot to dictate that. And the AFL/EFC PR was a disaster in the early stages and hasn't lost resonance since.
how does either of these reconcile David Evans banking firm and Demetriou on the board of it?

oh, and Evans private golf course! he owns his own golf course at his farm in the high country. says it all really. just needs his own polo fields

I can only think of two possible reasons - and neither of them quite work.

The first is along the lines of what Large Fries is hinting in his book - and that was that the joint investigation was pretty much out of control because of the difference between the AFL objectives and ASADAs statutory responsibilities, and the AFL was determined from before the investigation started that regardless, no players were going to be sanctioned - there would be club penalties that provide an appearance of something being done but protect the AFL - and they needed a scalp. Hird was the chosen scalp in this instance. Presumably his profile made the AFL assume a sanction would satisfy the public (wrongly) and Robinson provided evidence that fitted with this outcome. The problem with this theory is that it only makes sense of the AFL actions, but doesn't explain ASADA.

My second theory is the tinfoil one - it's not beyond possibility that there is a joint agency agreement in place here between ASADA, ACC and AFP which is running alongside the ASADA investigation for serious, criminal activity by person or persons - almost certainly Dank plus possible others. This has the advantage of explaining why ASADA has held off on using coercive powers because they cause problems in criminal investigations. If my tin foil moment has any merit, it's possible that the agencies are holding off on Robinson (or even that they have come to some type of deal in return for cooperation).

I told you it was going to sound pretty crazy though.

As to the levels of outrage thing, I think media focus does a lot to dictate that. And the AFL/EFC PR was a disaster in the early stages and hasn't lost resonance since.

Gander, put your tinfoil hat away. I think both your theories could be close to the truth, and they are not necessarily mutually exclusive. I think the Golden Ones head was meant to go on a pike as part of the deal, but he had some ammo, also a filthy rich cousin come in as CEO and a mate in Robert Thomson to save him.

Blackcat mentions about the Evans & Demetriou, again these sorts of relationships are not uncommon among business folk. However I keep thinking of Dankenstein's text to the Golden One "We've financials ready for you and David for AOD project. These financials cover all possible revenue streams where the project applies." There is another layer to the onion, hiding the money.

Blackcat mentions about the Evans & Demetriou, again these sorts of relationships are not uncommon among business folk. However I keep thinking of Dankenstein's text to the Golden One "We've financials ready for you and David for AOD project. These financials cover all possible revenue streams where the project applies." There is another layer to the onion, hiding the money.

it is like a poison pill. yes it is common for business associates and associations. but this is the card that Albert holds, he can bring down many if he went nuclear. which is scary, cos most think he has already gone nuclear. this is also dank's card that he has to play.

Gander, put your tinfoil hat away. I think both your theories could be close to the truth, and they are not necessarily mutually exclusive. I think the Golden Ones head was meant to go on a pike as part of the deal, but he had some ammo, also a filthy rich cousin come in as CEO and a mate in Robert Thomson to save him.

Thanks for that:) I'll save the tinfoil for wrapping leftovers.

I agree. It doesn't matter how many times the public is told to move on at this point, there is more in the basket.

Hopefully we can relax and blackcat can haul in the stray mice. That's what cats do, right?

Thanks for that:) I'll save the tinfoil for wrapping leftovers.

I agree. It doesn't matter how many times the public is told to move on at this point, there is more in the basket.

Hopefully we can relax and blackcat can haul in the stray mice. That's what cats do, right?
la pussie noir brings it. gindr tindr whatevs.

i think a salient analogy is when the next POTUS is in the whitehouse, and they demur, rub their hands, act all po-faced, but have no intention of prosecuting the Kissingers of the previous administration, they say "not helpful, lets look forward".

well to such soundbites about "lets look forward". The West is gonna get it in the neck from the Sinos and greater orient, they will slingshot past, and whatever made the West great, will be a footmark in the annals of history. And I am not buying into the West-East dichotomy, just saying, we have provided the textbook for hegemony and enlightenment, scientific and political philosophy, and we will be the losers in the next century. evo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back