Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 8, 2007
With My Mate Jack - Jack Daniel's
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
MUFC, PAFC, QBN TIGERS & JD
Geelong Wolves Recruit 2 SFA Gems

The Geelong Wolves are pleased to announce the signing of 2 top line SFA players in ex Bandits Goal Kicking Machine Beng and former Royals Star Son of God for S20.

The 2 gun recruits reinforce the growing status of the Geelong Wolves within the SFA and highlights the hard work that has gone on over several seasons to build the club into a viable option for big name players.

Beng already has 70 games under his belt, was a Bandits Captain, has won 2 ALF Andrews Medals, kicked 215 goals and been in 2 ALL SFA Teams.

mourns.jpe

Shermy and team mates mourn the loss of one of their favourite sons

While Son of God has played 96 games, has won a Best & Fairest at the Royals, was a Royals Captain and has been in 2 ALL SFA Teams.

royal_wave.jpg

The Royals wave goodbye to Son of God

The sheer quality of these 2 players can not be underestimated and both are looking forward to their new home.

We caught up with both players shortly after signing for the Wolves.

130220.jpg
Beng

Firstly Beng welcome to the Geelong Wolves, its very exciting to have you onboard.
Cheers Highy. Keen to jump straight in come Season 20, I can see this being a great way to reboot my SFA career.

We have been chasing you since S17 and have asked you to Geelong on numerous occasions and you have asked me to join the Bandits, now we are finally in the same side. What changed to get you here?
I think it was the combination of persistence and my desire to spread my proverbial wings after four seasons at the Bombers/Bandits. The Wolves seemed the best fit to me, although I did consider at least two other clubs.

Was the Geelong Wolves always your club of choice?
Over the last four seasons they are easily in my top 3 clubs to play against. Always had fun in our matches, despite their captains intolerance to certain women that most men would die for. Their rookies are an interesting bunch to.

Was the thread just a troll to give the other clubs a false sense of claiming a Gun recruit?
No. I was seriously considering at least two other clubs, and wanted to wait until after the finals to make a cemented call on my future.

What appeals to you about the Geelong Wolves and what changes have you observed over the years with them as a collective group?
These questions are starting to sound repetitive...Again, the appeal is the group Ive bantered AGAINST are a group I feel Id be good bantering WITH.

What do look forward to bringing to the club in S20?
Another voice in the match threads, a little bit of my photoshop magic, plenty of wolf puns and the energy that Ive been known for.

The club now can boast 2 players who have won 3 ALF ANDREWS Medals between them, that is a pretty exciting combination to look forward to with yourself and DREAM TEAM BUFF.
It is. And personally, Id like to see my new team mate follow in my footsteps and go back to back. Its an achievement only done once so far in 19 seasons and is definitely a feather in anyones cap. Personally, Id like to be the one sending the ball to him.

Who are some of the posters that appeal to you amongst the Wolves players?
Willo is good quality, SM ive always liked, Tayl0r is going to be like having a sister...And yourself I guess.

The Captaincy change obviously did not alter your decision, what do you hope to see from SM & Hatchy1992?
Much less nudity than I saw from the Bandits captain. Seriously, he walked around Adbu with his little Shermy waving to everyone. It was concerning and disturbing.

What are your goals On & Off the field for S20?
Mobbs and Deestroy or bust. Off field, Im hoping to get through an ENTIRE season. The last two I took breaks of 1-2 games early on in the piece due to some issues.

Are you looking forward to our first game against the Bandits in S20?
Just another game at the end of the day. Will be good to sling some mud back though.

You have always been a work horse for the Bandits, you must feel less pressure to perform Off the field now with the Wolves having a more even spread of posters than your former club...How unhappy is your Chiropractor at your decision?
My chiropractor is planning to move to Tahiti and follow his life long dream of surfing the big ones. It will be a relief to not be seen as the only thing holding a club together. Im confident the Bandits can cover it though, the recruits we brought in will fire next season, that Im sure of...

Who has the most mud to throw between yourself and the Bandits?
Ive given beez's picture to my security officer at my new mansion. Im pretty sure he'll try to spray paint "Flog" on my wall or something...

Last question...@Tayl0r or Lucy Pinder?

1363126452_taco-girl-meme-generator-why-not-both-6ec00b.jpg

35995.jpg
Son of God
logo.png

SOG welcome to the Geelong Wolves, its very exciting to have you onboard.
I'm excited to be here. The Wolves have been steadily building towards becoming a formidable off-field unit and now that dream has become a reality with the acquisition of Beng and myself joining an already talented group. Now that the pasture looks a whole lot greener, the goalposts are shifting in an entirely different direction and the Wolves are about to take the league by storm... hopefully a few more recruits are on the horizon and the leagues newest powerhouse evolves.

We have been chasing you since S17 and I have asked you to Geelong on numerous occasions and now you are finally here. What changed in your mind to get you to the club?
Like I said at that initial point of contact, I'd finish my career at the Wolves and I'm a man of my word. Retirement was on my mind with the changing direction of the league and my interest slowly dwindling, so now was the time to come through with that promise instead of sailing off into the sunset never to return.

Was the Geelong Wolves always a club you wanted to play for?
The Wolves have only been in existence for a mere one season so I'm not sure how they could have possibly been etched in my mind since season 15, but I've always had a soft spot for the Gumbies being born and bred in Geelong and following the greatest AFL side to ever grace the field, so I guess it was a match made in heaven just with a vastly different identity. It would also be great to see Claypigeon make a return to the fold and join the Wolves, it was always an ambition of mine to play alongside the great man when he was in Geelong colors. One of the best posters I've seen in my time here and he's sadly missed. Come back old mate and rekindle that spark and together we can form the best tandem in the league, otherwise the anus is left on Willo_ to pull through with the goods and become my sidekick.

What appeals to you about the Geelong Wolves?
Plenty. Firstly I get to play with Tayl0r. I think there's already a spark or two flying, so who knows it could eventually lead to a marriage made in heaven. I think I can also turn her into a 'player' and show her how to get the 'hard ball' which I'm sure the Wolves will appreciate.

Now on a less than serious note, I've been impressed with the development of the club along the journey and under your reign as captain where I've seen improvement from the entire club on every level, from recruitment to ambition to hard work and to loyalty. I've taken a vested interest in your off-field developments this season and I considered the club to be one of the better posting sides in the league without being one-dimensional in their performance and able to adapt to most circumstances.

I've been impressed at how quickly you've been able to transform the club from the stigma of being inactive to one who now has a solid core group of players and also one who have become one of the more active teams in the league. It's a credit to the leadership that's been put in place and all the effort and hard work that has gone on behind the scenes. It's a group in which I'm excited to be a part of and one who will continue to evolve further.

What changes over the years have you observed with the club?
I've probably answered that a little in the previous question, but Geelong was always considered a laughing stock in regards to their activity levels and were always considered a club nobody was willing to play for. Things have changed and players are now beginning to take the club seriously as evident with the continual growth in playing stocks. Geelong was always considered a side bereft of leadership with question marks forever around the ability of the captain to adequately perform his role. Since you became the man in charge and rebuilt the club from the ground up with hard work, this stigma has become a thing of the past. Now we're seeing more and more players considering joining the club where once this was rarely the case.

What do look forward to bringing to the club in S20?
I have a few plans in place which I'd rather keep private to prevent prying eyes from trying to replicate. If I laid all my cards out on the table we may have more superstars from other clubs in the league and I'd rather reserve that for the Geelong Wolves while the others look on from afar in envy. You don't become the leagues best player without a bag of tricks.

Who are some of the posters that appeal to you amongst the Wolves players?
Being a heterosexual and a straight shooter, I can only mention Tayl0r and SOPH_CROSS.

The Captaincy change, what do you hope to see from SM & Hatchy1992 for S20?
Lifting that premiership cup aloft at the conclusion of the grand final... any chance we can recruit boncer34, he seems to have been kissed on the dick by a fairy?

In all seriousness, I think we'll see more of the same style as the man they've replaced. Actually I demand that otherwise they're either slow learners or poorly coached. ;)

Are you looking forward to your first game against the Royals in S20 and what can we expect banter wise?
No, not really. I haven't a bad word to say about anybody at the Royals and it was sad to have to depart. They're a fantastic group of people and I'll find it impossible not to tell them how good they are. At the same time, I'll let them know how the Wolves have overtaken their mantle as the superpower of the SFA.
Except for Wise Guy Sam, that guy's a jerk and a turncoat. :D

Who will you miss the most and least at the Royals?
I :hearts: all of them equally, except Wise Guy Sam, that guy's a jerk and a turncoat.

Your style of posting is controversial and provocative are you looking to bring this to the table at the Wolves or is this your semi retirement phase?
I'll mix and match as circumstances dictate, but my aim is to bow out peacefully with no regrets, knowing that I have left my mark of this league, knowing I've swam against the tide and kept my head above the water, and knowing nobody was capable of pulling me down.

I'll leave with my King status still in tact and as arguably the greatest poster ever to grace the SFA forum. I'll continue to be talked about well into retirement and people will continue to have sleepless nights at the thought that someday I'll return to rain on their parade.

Actually scrap that, I may just transform back from superman to Clark Kent.

Superman_296.jpg

Last question...@Tayl0r or Lucy Pinder?
Tayl0r by a whisker.

With 2 Star players signed and possibly more to come the Geelong Wolves are very much looking forward to S20 as they continue to build and become a POWERHOUSE of the SFA.

Bonus points for Beng, debit points for Floggy - zero gain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha! Don't feel too special, I read everything!!
#Royalsdontsuckasmuchanymore
It's the Wolves turn to feel special now as you begin to stalk their match and team thread. :)

as I think Willo_ has asked...

Soggy, TIA
can you two just **** already?
I keep warding of his advances but he just can't take no for an answer... Quite disturbing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back