Autopsy Hawks vs Pies and the tribute to Phil Walsh

Remove this Banner Ad

Might be alone in saying this but I thought Schoe fought really hard tonight.

Definitely not alone, he sent bodies flying in packs on more than one occasion.

I know people want more from him given his experience, but he's looking better and tracking up, not just treading water. If he gets his pre-knee mobility back he's every chance to go up another gear.

DROPPING THE BALL!!!

Some very flat players tonight. No point being too critical.

DROPPING THE BALL!!!

Confidence is king. Schoenmakers in confident as a forward.

DROPPING THE BALL!!! Come on, ump!

Stratton quietly becoming one of the best shutdown defenders in the league. Sacrificing the rebound run to check his man even closer. Looks lost when he has it though.

DROPPING THE BALL!!! They've dropped the ball more times than I've had hot dinners, you cheat!

A blind man could have been forgiven for thinking he was watching the Darcy Moore One Man Show.

The coaches and players in their moment of silence and solidarity at the end of the match was easily the highlight of the evening

Well done to clarko and bucks and all the players

I know people want more from him given his experience, but he's looking better and tracking up, not just treading water. If he gets his pre-knee mobility back he's every chance to go up another gear.

Im just not sure that you can have one dimensional blokes like that in the team. I mean Suckling gets bagged from pillar to post but in his defence his best is really damaging and adds a lot to our potency. Today was evidence of that when he came on and looked dangerous. Same can not be said of Schoey I'm afraid. His best is a handful of touches and a couple of goals. I honestly think that we would be better served getting Sicily in there and developing him. Has a much bigger upside and his baseline isn't much lower, if at all.

This.

He seems to have completely changed or lost his routine. He used to run straight and kick straight. Now he runs crooked and kicks accordingly.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
I really noticed the change in his run up last week.

Why the hell change something that was working?

Go back to your old routine Gunners.

His goal and field kicking is something impressive as well

1 vote Lakey..2 votes Shiela..3 votes Scissor...that wasn't a 50/50 at the end..it was a 80/20 to the pies player but scissor's effort to win the ball and get the handball out won us the game ;)

Pies are a lot better than I thought...bad misses in front of goal but we too have been inaccurate in a few games this year and it cost us the 4 points :(

It's been a tough week for the hawks with roughy going down so we were never going to be at the top of our game

...tough day for the AFL community...kudos to both teams, Clarko and Bucks

RIP Walshy :(

I really noticed the change in his run up last week.

Why the hell change something that was working?

Go back to your old routine Gunners.
All our forwards seem to walk in slow and get to close to man on mark and have no momentum through the kick, breust and roughy prime examples and gunners is falling in the same trap...FFs get some momentum through the kick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually I'm really worried about Stratts.
I know it's not all about statts but the ones he is having is not having a great influence on the game although a couple of poor efforts Swan goal in the second he could've done better running back and that horrible turnover by for leading directly to a goal as well.

Last 4 weeks:
9 disposals against the Pies.
7 disposals against the Bummers.
11 diposals against the Crows
8 disposals against the Saints.

For me just not doing enough and having Litherland and even would like to give Heatherley a run.

I know it's not all about statts but the ones he is having is not having a great influence on the game although a couple of poor efforts Swan goal in the second he could've done better running back and that horrible turnover by for leading directly to a goal as well.

Last 4 weeks:

For me just not doing enough and having Litherland and even would like to give Heatherley a run.

and what about his opponent's statts - the ballerina for one

GREAT game Stratts:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Last 4 weeks:

Jamie Elliott agrees with you

That fight back in the last quarter, taking back the momentum, doing what was necessary to get the goals. Probably the best sign all year that they've still got the hunger to go again.

Played in patches tonight. Never really got going enough to blow them out of it despite it feeling like we were about to a few times. Still did enough to prevent them from getting any run ons. They were a bit unlucky in front of goal at times but a lot of the time they were kicking under a lot of pressure which we made.

Still need to keep improving. Tonight still isn't enough. The result however was.

Hey guys (and gals). I am the poster who started the "arrogant hawks" thread on the Collingwood board. I normally stick to my own mob but tonight is different. Whilst disappointed the Pies could not get over the line, I just wanted to congratulate your magnificent club on yet another victory and the tremendous scenes that followed. Our clubs should be proud with tonight and I for one am happy to call you our respected foes and friends. I am sorry for calling you arrogant and I take it back. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Last 4 weeks:

Do you realise he's just blanketed two of the best small forwards in the last 3 weeks?

Sorry to intrude but what has happened to Jed Anderson? I have not noticed him on the injury list, I didn't see him last week in the VFL or this week in the AFL
He hurt his back two weeks ago, in game.

End of an era. The threepeat is sadly off the table. Defensively our older guys are not up to it. Be it physical or mental matters not.

Shiels is a star. Time to start building around him.

End of an era. The threepeat is sadly off the table. Defensively our older guys are not up to it. Be it physical or mental matters not.

Shiels is a star. Time to start building around him.

Grim.

Deep breaths mate, there's a long time to go and we still have Roughead and Frawley to come back in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back