Play Nice Bye bye Brad

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously though, can someone explain to me why people are talking as if Brad was coaching tonight? Like go for gold potting him if you have some substance to your argument but lets not just make s**t up for the sake of an argument.
its not about game day, it's about what he has made of this team after 5 and half years. It's not like its the first time we've seen this type of loss!

I thought he took a major step forward after the finals wins of 2014.

He clearly has to go now.

He probably should have went in 2013 after missing the finals coming off the 2012 elimination final mauling.

Could have got Simpson.

Could have. ...except Brad had THREE years left on his contract at that point. THREE!!! F&@k me.

A few people at the club have opened there eyes recently it is whether mr Brayshaw and co act on those thoughts especially after tonight's performance putting a full stop to there thoughts.
There is no doubting you Scoopy. Notes have been taken. Issues have been raised. But do these characters have it in them to make the hard calls if our season continues down this downward spiral? :stern look

There is no doubting you Scoopy. Notes have been taken. Issues have been raised. But do these characters have it in them to make the hard calls if our season continues down this downward spiral? :stern look

That's the problem I have no confidence in the hierarchy so atm I can't see things changing although I am confident Geoff Walsh will start having a bigger say

Seriously though, can someone explain to me why people are talking as if Brad was coaching tonight? Like go for gold potting him if you have some substance to your argument but lets not just make s**t up for the sake of an argument.

What was your stance re Brad vs Crocker apportioning of credit/blame prior to this game?

We all know how this team can play at their best.

There is no excuse for the teams poor performances other than to blame the coaching staff.

They're responsible for the getting the best out of the team on a consistent basis and these losses prove that they haven't done their job.

We have been crap all year.

Even in our wins we didn't play a full four quarters of good football and we used to be exciting to watch and now we're frustrating to watch.

The head coach implements our game style. A en goal loss to the bottom team means Brad must be skating on very thin ice

We have been crap all year.

Even in our wins we didn't play a full four quarters of good football and we used to be exciting to watch and now we're frustrating to watch.

The head coach implements our game style. A en goal loss to the bottom team means Brad must be skating on very thin ice

Change 'must' in your last sentence to 'should' and you'd be right. But the level of accountability at NMFC seems so low I'd doubt Brad's future has really crossed the mind of anyone who matters.

You really are fricking stupid aren't you? Almost as dumb as some of the teams had balls.

The players are where they are now because they haven't been developed, coached or taught how to play good football. Match day coaching is over rated. The problem with Scott is not what he does on Saturday, it's what he doesn't do Sunday to Friday.

It's not that hard to see if you take your head out of your arse.
You call me stupid but none of what you just said made any sense or made a good argument, just another pile of classic horseshit. Well done. Crocker was 100% responsible for the embarrassment that was today, take Scott out of the equation all together. He should not be in this argument. Development and playing good football is solely up to how much the PLAYER wants to make it in the game, the coach doesn't pull strings for them so they can succeed otherwise me or you could coach. Coaches are there for guidance and support! You can have the world's greatest coach who has been developed and all that other crap you mentioned but if the player(s) refuse to put in the effort, hard work and dedication, is that the coaches fault? I believe it isn't. Your argument is null and void.

Crocker coached us today but yet Scott is the one on thin ice! Comedy seems the way to go for you guys! While you're at it, why not blame natural disasters on Brad too! He seems to be a scape goat to just about everything when we lose but when we won the finals in 2014 and beat teams like Freo, Hawthorn etc. not once did I see anything along the lines of "gee, that game was well coached, Brad Scott", the players were praised though. Makes me sick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a gutful of Brad Scott. Talks the talk, but his team do not walk the walk. Snake oil salesman sums him up perfectly. Needs to go if the club is to go anywhere. He's had more than enough time at the club and has failed to deliver.

Crocker was 100% responsible for the embarrassment that was today, take Scott out of the equation all together.

Maybe. I'll grant your argument for what occurred between 4.30 and 7.30 tonight. But I think most people here are talking bigger picture. Here's what I'm talking about - culture.

Brad Scott has done a lot right for NMFC. But what should nail him to the cross is his failure to develop a successful, winning culture to the playing group. Organisations at all levels succeed and fail on the culture that is inherent to it. And the prime objective of the leaders within an organisation is to generate a successful culture. In a football sense you can gather all the best recruits, facilities, football staff and spend whatever you like in the football department but if the culture isn't right then success will only be fleeting at best.

From where I sit on my comfy leather couch at home or from Aisle 34 at Etihad or wherever, I see a poor culture at NMFC. I see talented players who are too comfortable with their lot as footballers, who get lazy, who aren't pushed for improvement, who are rudderless under pressure, who don't adhere to well communicated instructions, who aren't accountable for poor performance, who have unjustified loyalty placed upon them and who revert to self preservation when the heat is on. Same as any organisation with a poor culture - comfortable, lazy, self-satisfied, lacking assertiveness, unaccountable, individualistic and selfish. That's why we can beat a Top 4 sides but for two years running we've gone up to Queensland and got rolled by the bottom side. It's why we can win finals but show up for Round 1 the next year totally unprepared. I'm hardly on the inner sanctum at NMFC - far from it. But having been in middle-management leadership capacities in my professional life and in sporting organisations, I think I can tell a poor culture when I see it.

Darren Crocker was hardly going to walk into four weeks as the acting-coach and change the culture of this club. Hell, as an assistant coach at NMFC since before Brad Scott even got there, he's actually accountable for it being the way it is. But as the person who has been employed since August 2009 to lead the transformation of NMFC into a successful, winning sporting organisation, it is Brad Scott who must shoulder the blame for the failure in this respect. Whether it was him or Darren Crocker or whoever who gets credited as 'coach' for tonight's shameful performance, the ultimate responsibility for the fact that we can go up there against the bottom team and play like that, and that we've done it before, lies at the senior coach's feet. Unfortunately for Brad, for all his good qualities as a man and as a coach, that's him.

So what gets done about it? Sadly a poor culture is like a cancer. You just can't 'fix it'. All the symptoms that I mentioned earlier just don't go away. For too many involved that's all they've ever known or what they've become accustomed to. The leader might decide to change his/her ways but the longer they've allowed it to take root then the harder it is for them to dig it out. Instead, the 'cancerous' elements need to be eliminated to put it bluntly. In the context of NMFC that would be players, football staff, board members and those who allowed a poor culture to fester. I hate to say it because I truly believe he is a good man who has put his soul into NMFC, but that means that Brad Scott can't continue beyond this year as senior coach. Unfortunately a good culture makes hard and honest decisions...I wonder if those whose responsibility it is to make such decisions are part of the poor culture at NMFC?

Anyway. That's what I reckon for what it's worth. Of course changing a culture takes a long time. So does rebuilding a football list. So I think that we're further away from where we want to be than we've been since Laidley was coach. Grim times.

Crocker coached us today but yet Scott is the one on thin ice! Comedy seems the way to go for you guys! While you're at it, why not blame natural disasters on Brad too! He seems to be a scape goat to just about everything when we lose but when we won the finals in 2014 and beat teams like Freo, Hawthorn etc. not once did I see anything along the lines of "gee, that game was well coached, Brad Scott", the players were praised though. Makes me sick.
do you honestly think North Melbourne could ever win a premiership under brad Scott? Lol. Time for a change.

Maybe. I'll grant your argument for what occurred between 4.30 and 7.30 tonight. But I think most people here are talking bigger picture. Here's what I'm talking about - culture.

Brad Scott has done a lot right for NMFC. But what should nail him to the cross is his failure to develop a successful, winning culture to the playing group. Organisations at all levels succeed and fail on the culture that is inherent to it. And the prime objective of the leaders within an organisation is to generate a successful culture. In a football sense you can gather all the best recruits, facilities, football staff and spend whatever you like in the football department but if the culture isn't right then success will only be fleeting at best.

From where I sit on my comfy leather couch at home or from Aisle 34 at Etihad or wherever, I see a poor culture at NMFC. I see talented players who are too comfortable with their lot as footballers, who get lazy, who aren't pushed for improvement, who are rudderless under pressure, who don't adhere to well communicated instructions, who aren't accountable for poor performance, who have unjustified loyalty placed upon them and who revert to self preservation when the heat is on. Same as any organisation with a poor culture - comfortable, lazy, self-satisfied, lacking assertiveness, unaccountable, individualistic and selfish. That's why we can beat a Top 4 sides but for two years running we've gone up to Queensland and got rolled by the bottom side. It's why we can win finals but show up for Round 1 the next year totally unprepared. I'm hardly on the inner sanctum at NMFC - far from it. But having been in middle-management leadership capacities in my professional life and in sporting organisations, I think I can tell a poor culture when I see it.

Darren Crocker was hardly going to walk into four weeks as the acting-coach and change the culture of this club. Hell, as an assistant coach at NMFC since before Brad Scott even got there, he's actually accountable for it being the way it is. But as the person who has been employed since August 2009 to lead the transformation of NMFC into a successful, winning sporting organisation, it is Brad Scott who must shoulder the blame for the failure in this respect. Whether it was him or Darren Crocker or whoever who gets credited as 'coach' for tonight's shameful performance, the ultimate responsibility for the fact that we can go up there against the bottom team and play like that, and that we've done it before, lies at the senior coach's feet. Unfortunately for Brad, for all his good qualities as a man and as a coach, that's him.

So what gets done about it? Sadly a poor culture is like a cancer. You just can't 'fix it'. All the symptoms that I mentioned earlier just don't go away. For too many involved that's all they've ever known or what they've become accustomed to. The leader might decide to change his/her ways but the longer they've allowed it to take root then the harder it is for them to dig it out. Instead, the 'cancerous' elements need to be eliminated to put it bluntly. In the context of NMFC that would be players, football staff, board members and those who allowed a poor culture to fester. I hate to say it because I truly believe he is a good man who has put his soul into NMFC, but that means that Brad Scott can't continue beyond this year as senior coach. Unfortunately a good culture makes hard and honest decisions...I wonder if those whose responsibility it is to make such decisions are part of the poor culture at NMFC?

Anyway. That's what I reckon for what it's worth. Of course changing a culture takes a long time. So does rebuilding a football list. So I think that we're further away from where we want to be than we've been since Laidley was coach. Grim times.
Well said I think you are correct about culture at NMFC and sadly grim times are ahead

What was your stance re Brad vs Crocker apportioning of credit/blame prior to this game?
Whoever is in the box is responsible for the game day calls. Crocker has coached well. But you can't just magically shift the blame to Brad when crocks has a stinker. People were happy to give him his props when we won but refuse to assign blame when it is also due

Jesus christ you are a moron! I can feel my IQ dropping everytime I reply to the horse s**t you write! Yeah, Brad coaches them to be cowards, dumb and unco does he? We can not only compete with the best, we can beat them too! The coach doesnt have control over the players piss poor skill errors and decision making. The coach doesnt kick the ball for them, the players refuse to have any fight or self respect to do a job they are well paid for and should be privileged to play. Blaming the coach is the cowards way out, so blame those imposters that wear the jumper we can only dream about wearing! If you still want to be a bitch and blame the coach, have a go at that bold headed hack called Darren Crocker! There is a reason he hasnt even gotten a first look let alone a second look for the many vacant coaching positions is because he is woeful. Brad was as useful as me and you sitting on our couches or in a pub or wherever/how you watched the game tonight.

You call me stupid but none of what you just said made any sense or made a good argument, just another pile of classic horseshit. Well done. Crocker was 100% responsible for the embarrassment that was today, take Scott out of the equation all together. He should not be in this argument. Development and playing good football is solely up to how much the PLAYER wants to make it in the game, the coach doesn't pull strings for them so they can succeed otherwise me or you could coach. Coaches are there for guidance and support! You can have the world's greatest coach who has been developed and all that other crap you mentioned but if the player(s) refuse to put in the effort, hard work and dedication, is that the coaches fault? I believe it isn't. Your argument is null and void.

Stop posting, your argument is embarrassing.

Forget for a moment the cost of paying out contracts - the club needs to think hard about the ramifications of NOT making a change. I suspect most of us on here will renew our membership next year regardless of the team's on-field prospects, but the same will not be true of a great many current members. More than ever, people need a compelling reason to spend their money on discretionary items like footy memberships, and this current disillusionment - unchecked - could result in a substantial decline.

Consider the maths:

Cost of paying out the coach? Only a guess, but surely somewhat less than a million dollars. Once.

Cost of losing 3,000 members? In excess of 3 million dollars. Each year.

When does JB finish up? Is this year his last?
I feel only when he is gone, changes will be made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back