Play Nice Bye bye Brad

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The young bloke dying of a heart attack on field over the weekend was all the perspective I needed on a weekend which ended so pathetically.
yep
happened after the u18 game my nephew played in, he was watching as his best mate was selected for the seniors fir Avondale.....they were distressed....

I'll offer a slightly different perspective, of someone whom missed the 70's and was too young to appreciate what we did in the 90's.

I guess I am still at the stage where I live and breathe footy, anticipating the days/hours until my beloved blue and white run out on the weekend. I have some great footy memories, the 07 semi final (my first final) and our great run at the end of 2012 stand out. Last years finals series were 2 of the greatest nights in my life, and I got to share it with my cousin (same age) and all the NMFC supporters.

The club doesn't owe me anything, they have given me great memories that I will cherish for the rest of my life. These losses burn, but I think if anything, I owe it to the club to keep fronting up, keep supporting.

The losses burn and I'm sure all NMFC supporters are hurting. We all want that next flag, and we thought that this could be our year. Maybe we are further off than we thought.

Our clubs motto is Victory through Dedication, and our supporters absolutely live and breathe that. We aren't going anywhere.
Are the players/coaches dedicated enough? Do they want it as much as we do?
At the moment, you would have to say no.

Quality posting as always, Marster. (And KC and Mr R, likewise.)

And it's sad to hear of the passion waning in three stalwarts like yourselves.

But I do totally hear you guys on the whole 'getting older/priorities change' thing. I'm around the same age as you Marster, so can relate to what you're saying. Time is indeed precious and there's a big, bright world out there outside of footy. And sometimes it ain't half bad.

Saying that, I'm a tragic. I may not feel the need to get on here and rant and rave about it, but the losses absolutely burn in me. Maybe not a much as they used to (there's that 'aging/changing perspective' thing), but probably still to a slightly unhealthy level. Such is my love for the NMFC.

Regardless of my opinion of Braddles, I know that there's nothing that I say or do that is going to affect his tenure as coach. And I also know that said tenure is finite. So to an extent, it's just something I have to roll with. Same goes with any coach. Limitations and all, they come and go. The club remains.

I know I'm over-simplifying things here, but as insipid as our team has been at times under Brad's tutelage, short of me believing that the club's culture has been irreparably f'ed for eternity, then I refuse to allow Brad's leadership to temper my passion for the club in any way.
No matter how angry and pissed off we all were at 3 quarter time I guarantee that every single poster on here would have been fist pumping and high fiving when Robbie, LT, Waite and then Drew got us back in front.
Were diehards. Well love the club forever.
But these performances leave a sour taste in the mouth.

The young bloke dying of a heart attack on field over the weekend was all the perspective I needed on a weekend which ended so pathetically.
Yep, was 22. Worked for a rival practice. You just dont know. Very sad.

No matter how angry and pissed off we all were at 3 quarter time I guarantee that every single poster on here would have been fist pumping and high fiving when Robbie, LT, Waite and then Drew got us back in front.
Were diehards. Well love the club forever.
But these performances leave a sour taste in the mouth.

It's funny. I'm ashamed to say that before the game, part of me could entertain losing because it would put more pressure on a guy I don't really rate as a coach. But as soon as that run of goals came I was cheering as loudly as anyone and was absolutely gutted post siren. It always drags you back in.

You'd think JB would be googling AFL Severance Package right about now.
Yeah for Crocker! When we win it's all hail Crocker! When we are getting flogged it's bye bye Brad? If thats your logic, you need a wake up call like the 21 cowards (not counting Dumont because he started as the sub) that are tarnishing the best club in the world's reputation and jumper!

Yeah for Crocker! When we win it's all hail Crocker! When we are getting flogged it's bye bye Brad? If thats your logic, you need a wake up call like the 21 cowards (not counting Dumont because he started as the sub) that are tarnishing the best club in the world's reputation and jumper!
Brad is the one that has built this list. 5 and half years he's had to build and develop a team that is incapable of beating the bottom side.

You do realize Brad came back to the club this week? Obviously his pep talk and home truths really hit the mark!! It's so obvious the team won't play for Brad. He's their mate, and they're all down at the park having a pinch and giggle game of end to end!

Brad is the one that has built this list. 5 and half years he's had to build and develop a team that is incapable of beating the bottom side.

You do realize Brad came back to the club this week? Obviously his pep talk and home truths really hit the mark!! It's so obvious the team won't play for Brad. He's their mate, and they're all down at the park having a pinch and giggle game of end to end!
So by Brad talking to the group, did that suck the fight, heart, skills and effort out of players? If so, we should send him to the club we play that week and we would win the flag! I'm pretty sure Crocker has full control and Brad is sitting at home like me and you are screaming at our TV's! This is 100% Crocker's fault. There is a reason he hasn't even been seriously interviewed is because like our players right now, a bloody joke!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So by Brad talking to the group, did that suck the fight, heart, skills and effort out of players? If so, we should send him to the club we play that week and we would win the flag! I'm pretty sure Crocker has full control and Brad is sitting at home like me and you are screaming at our TV's! This is 100% Crocker's fault. There is a reason he hasn't even been seriously interviewed is because like our players right now, a bloody joke!

You either look long term or short term.
Long term Brad is failure. 6th year and we going to miss the 8.
Short term, Brad comes back after 3 weeks off and we go to poo. Again, failure.
If you can't see that our team is s**t, and you don't asks questions as to why then your nothing but a Richmond supporter!

If you can't see that our team is s**t, and you don't asks questions as to why then your nothing but a Richmond supporter!
My son is an 11 year old Richmond supporter, I am starting to gain some insight as to how they must have felt over the last 30 years.

Disgraceful effort.

I know the team is s**t! But what if Brad picks them up and gets them going? You just look at the negatives but you're a negative prick. You can have the greatest coach to ever walk amongst us put if the 21 or 22 players are nothing short of cowardly, what can the coach do? Next to nothing if you ask me!

I know the team is s**t! But what if Brad picks them up and gets them going? You just look at the negatives but you're a negative prick. You can have the greatest coach to ever walk amongst us put if the 21 or 22 players are nothing short of cowardly, what can the coach do? Next to nothing if you ask me!
What if Brad picks them up??? How long do we have to wait.

The question you need to ask yourself is why donee have 21 cowardly players? Who has drafted them? Who has developed them? Who has taught them?

Who the FRUCK has COACHED them to become cowardly, dumb, unco players?

What if Brad picks them up??? How long do we have to wait.

The question you need to ask yourself is why donee have 21 cowardly players? Who has drafted them? Who has developed them? Who has taught them?

Who the FRUCK has COACHED them to become cowardly, dumb, unco players?
Jesus christ you are a moron! I can feel my IQ dropping everytime I reply to the horse s**t you write! Yeah, Brad coaches them to be cowards, dumb and unco does he? We can not only compete with the best, we can beat them too! The coach doesnt have control over the players piss poor skill errors and decision making. The coach doesnt kick the ball for them, the players refuse to have any fight or self respect to do a job they are well paid for and should be privileged to play. Blaming the coach is the cowards way out, so blame those imposters that wear the jumper we can only dream about wearing! If you still want to be a bitch and blame the coach, have a go at that bold headed hack called Darren Crocker! There is a reason he hasnt even gotten a first look let alone a second look for the many vacant coaching positions is because he is woeful. Brad was as useful as me and you sitting on our couches or in a pub or wherever/how you watched the game tonight.

Jesus christ you are a moron! I can feel my IQ dropping everytime I reply to the horse s**t you write! Yeah, Brad coaches them to be cowards, dumb and unco does he? We can not only compete with the best, we can beat them too! The coach doesnt have control over the players piss poor skill errors and decision making. The coach doesnt kick the ball for them, the players refuse to have any fight or self respect to do a job they are well paid for and should be privileged to play. Blaming the coach is the cowards way out, so blame those imposters that wear the jumper we can only dream about wearing! If you still want to be a bitch and blame the coach, have a go at that bold headed hack called Darren Crocker! There is a reason he hasnt even gotten a first look let alone a second look for the many vacant coaching positions is because he is woeful. Brad was as useful as me and you sitting on our couches or in a pub or wherever/how you watched the game tonight.
You really are fricking stupid aren't you? Almost as dumb as some of the teams had balls.

The players are where they are now because they haven't been developed, coached or taught how to play good football. Match day coaching is over rated. The problem with Scott is not what he does on Saturday, it's what he doesn't do Sunday to Friday.

It's not that hard to see if you take your head out of your arse.

My son is an 11 year old Richmond supporter, I am starting to gain some insight as to how they must have felt over the last 30 years.

Disgraceful effort.

Richmond had two bad losses to us and Melbourne early in the year. We all laughed at how much of a spud Hardwick was, and how we were lucky we didn't hire him. And what happened? Their leaders have stood up and their playing group has responded. I've love to be Richmond at the moment.

Time to start all over again. New coaching panel, new board, major list clean out - retire off oldies, delist spuds, trade for draft picks. This club has had a stench about it since the end of last year. So bad a simple wipe and polish will do nothing. Knock it down and build it again.
Yeah, it's time.

Today tipped it over for me so I'm totally with you, but I have doubts that the board has the ruthlessness required to kick start that rebuild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back