Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Koch is surely allowed to take an overseas Holliday during the northern summer....surely?

If it keeps him away from our grounds pre-game he can take as many holidays as he wants.

Wear a Port scarf or something though Kochie. Preferably with a big Renault or Energy Australia logo visible. Sponsor exposure at Wimbledon would have to be pretty damn tempting. #carn

Seeing Koch at Wimbledon while our season was hanging in the balance with such an important game annoyed the s**t out of me. This year has been a rather strange one. Seemingly lackadaisical, almost scared to succeed. This talk of players buckling with expectation is a copout, excuses for basically weak minded individuals with what seems little pride for the jumper, fans and their own performances.

I seriously wonder at times if players really give a toss about the 60k + supporters who bust a nut to get to games, pay their hard earned to witness what they have served up this year. Watching guys who are being paid hundreds of thousands of dollars playing like under 12's with bugger all repercussions has certainly tested my resolve as well as many of you I'm sure.
To be fair 30000 of those couldn't be arsed for the years preceding themselves. They were hardly busting a nut.

When did "bust a gut" (do your damnedest) become "bust a nut" (ejaculate)?

Either way, I'm for it.

To be fair 30000 of those couldn't be arsed for the years preceding themselves. They were hardly busting a nut.

Those 30k have a rite to do what they want I reckon Chiwigi, if they have paid to be a member, a fair portion of those would also spend on foxtel etc if they can not get to the game . No doubting we want bums on seats, but in the overall scheme of things I think you get my meaning :)

The influence of Brazzers.com is far and wide reaching.

When did "bust a gut" (do your damnedest) become "bust a nut" (ejaculate)?

Either way, I'm for it.

Bust a nut was old medical slang terminology ( worked so hard, he busted a nut) for a hernia in the never regions, tribey :D

That's my excuse finny and I'm sticking to it :p

Seeing Koch at Wimbledon while our season was hanging in the balance with such an important game annoyed the s**t out of me. This year has been a rather strange one. Seemingly lackadaisical, almost scared to succeed. This talk of players buckling with expectation is a copout, excuses for basically weak minded individuals with what seems little pride for the jumper, fans and their own performances.

I seriously wonder at times if players really give a toss about the 60k + supporters who bust a nut to get to games, pay their hard earned to witness what they have served up this year. Watching guys who are being paid hundreds of thousands of dollars playing like under 12's with bugger all repercussions has certainly tested my resolve as well as many of you I'm sure.

Koch better be doing a bucket load of sponsorship wrangling over there.. PIMS for the win?

So what if he's at Wimbledon?
Do you have a problem with him being based out of Sydney? Using the logic of your argument about why you are pissed off, you should be pissed that he isn't permanently living out of the Alan Scott HQ.

I'm sure he'll be back for Thursdays game.

At the end of the day a 24/7 presence at Alberton by him isn't required nor needed. If it was he wouldn't be based in Sydney, or someone based in Adelaide would have got the job.

So what if he's at Wimbledon?
Do you have a problem with him being based out of Sydney? Using the logic of your argument about why you are pissed off, you should be pissed that he isn't permanently living out of the Alan Scott HQ.

I'm sure he'll be back for Thursdays game.

At the end of the day a 24/7 presence at Alberton by him isn't required nor needed. If it was he wouldn't be based in Sydney, or someone based in Adelaide would have got the job.

I wouldn't give a toss if he lived in NZ or was based there, as long as he does his job. I have run companies in Aus while living and working in other parts of the world, so no that is not my logic.

My issue was, that in my opinion, the club is at a pivotal point of the season, if I was the head of a club or chairmen of the board, I would not have been sitting in England. I would have been in the change rooms with the lads and at the ground.

Maybe I am asking to much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't give a toss if he lived in NZ or was based there, as long as he does his job. I have run companies in Aus while living and working in other parts of the world, so no that is not my logic.

My issue was, that in my opinion, the club is at a pivotal point of the season, if I was the head of a club or chairmen of the board, I would not have been sitting in England. I would have been in the change rooms with the lads and at the ground.

If we won no one would give a s**t. It's really not a big deal but I understand your frustrations with how we are tracking. Everyone is very nervous because after having had a brief feel of being alive and respected again as a relevant club, that we are rapidly descending back into the mire of tarps and bye round jokes.

Koch in England > Koch marching across the oval with the Fariss bros.

075034-chris-dittmar.jpg

If we won no one would give a s**t. It's really not a big deal but I understand your frustrations with how we are tracking. Everyone is very nervous because after having had a brief feel of being alive and respected again as a relevant club, that we are rapidly descending back into the mire of tarps and bye round jokes.

I just voiced my opinion, Waspy. Yes, it no doubt stems from frustration, we are all a bit frustrated I would think.

Personally, it still would have bothered me if we were top, but that is just me. Each little thing adds up, mental attitude is a strange thing, little things make a huge difference has been my experience, especially when things are not going to plan.

Those 30k have a rite to do what they want I reckon Chiwigi, if they have paid to be a member, a fair portion of those would also spend on foxtel etc if they can not get to the game . No doubting we want bums on seats, but in the overall scheme of things I think you get my meaning :)
I disagree is all, we can't complain too much about players not making an effort of our fans often do not. We are a club or we are an entertainment business in this scenario. If it's just entertainment it's fine for the players to dial it in occasionally, just as its fine for fans only to attend big games.

Just heard Natalie Whiting's report on ABC Radio's AM about yesterday's gathering at AO in honour of Phil Walsh. I lost count of the number of times she referred to "Port Power". :rolleyes:

Not sure what your problem is with that.

We originally marketed ourselves as port power so its understandable that we can still be referred to as that, even though the club and supporters prefer to be called port adelaide power and highlighted this to all in the early 2000's.

If you think every journalist who refers to us as port power is part of some Australia wide conspiracy to undermine our brand as well as annoy our supporters and club then i would suggest that you are just being paranoid and upsetting no one but yourself .

Last edited:
Not sure what your problem is with that ...... .
Before the start of the 2000 season the club dropped "Port Power" realising that it had been a mistake. Hitaf Rasheed would send out reminders with all her media releases that the club is Port Adelaide and the team is "Port Adelaide Power" or simply the "Power". She emphasised that "Port Power" should never be used. I have posted copies of these media releases over the years.

My problem is that a professional journalist on the tax payer funded national broadcaster still refers to the PAFC as "Port Power".

Maybe I hold professional journalists to unrealistic standards. :rolleyes:

Before the start of the 2000 season the club dropped "Port Power" realising that it had been a mistake. Hitaf Rasheed would send out reminders with all her media releases that the club is Port Adelaide and the team is "Port Adelaide Power" or simply the "Power". She emphasised that "Port Power" should never be used. I have posted copies of these media releases over the years.

My problem is that a professional journalist on the tax payer funded national broadcaster still refers to the PAFC as "Port Power".

Maybe I hold professional journalist to unrealistic standards. :rolleyes:
Geez I hate the name Port Power. Anyone uses that name to me, I ask, who are they, we are Port Adelaide

Not sure what your problem is with that.

We originally marketed ourselves as port power so its understandable that we can still be referred to as that, even though the club and supporters prefer to be called port adelaide power and highlighted this to all in the early 2000's.

If you think every journalist who refers to us as port power is part of some Australia wide conspiracy to undermine our brand as well as annoy our supporters and club then i would suggest that you are just being paranoid and upsetting no one but yourself .
do these same people refer to Adelaide as "Camry Crows"
yeah... i think not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back