Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alastair Lynch is a dead set flog. Going around the table and everyone commenting how both teams are up to their eyeballs in the game at half time. Lynch "The midfield power of the Sydney Swans has put Port Powers season on the ropes"

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Let the Mrs flick it over to Australia's top model rather than listen to fox sports "special" comments.

Had to laugh at the comment put up just as the 2nd half was about to start "Swans on target for 100 tackles with 42 to half time"

Alastair Lynch is a dead set flog. Going around the table and everyone commenting how both teams are up to their eyeballs in the game at half time. Lynch "The midfield power of the Sydney Swans has put Port Powers season on the ropes"

Lynch just can't get over 2004 can he.. Deadset clown of the highest order!

He wasn't really wrong.

We have lacked a lot of leadership this year. All the big guns have been quiet as church mouses.

Ken, talks s**t and makes excuses.

Kochdog - quiet as a mouse

Haven't heard *all from KT

Burgo - remember when everyone wanted him on deck

We are going to cop a flogging, we are just lucky we are not on our knees ...... Yet - but I think the footy department is getting us there quickly.

We have lacked a lot of leadership this year. All the big guns have been quiet as church mouses.

Haven't heard ****all from KT

We are going to cop a flogging, we are just lucky we are not on our knees ...... Yet - but I think the footy department is getting us there quickly.
If only.

Haven't heard ****all from KT

You better not stick your head out when we win a flag buddy. I've never seen a person more down on the club they supposedly support than you.

Success is for those that ride through the bad times together, not for those that endlessly talk s**t about everything and ride people who are actively trying to solve our problems into the ground. Fingers crossed you jump off before you get a chance to enjoy the rewards. Flog.

He wasn't really wrong.

I think it was more the contemptuous way he said "Port Power" - he was one of the worst offenders in that regard for years, but has rarely put a foot wrong in recent seasons. He practically spat the words out this time.

Now, he either subscribes to the myth that we were the ultimate harbingers of his old club Fitzroy's demise (which would be absurdly hypocritical on his part), or he's still got the shits up for our sacking of Brisbane's dynasty, replete with handing him one of the most deplorable swansongs ever seen on a footy field.

But he's clearly had a spring put back into his step after our loss at the Gabba. And we've permitted it to happen when we should be ruthlessly crushing s**t teams like his for half a decade as Hawthorn have.

FUUUUUUUUU-

And we've permitted it to happen when we should be ruthlessly crushing s**t teams like his for half a decade as Hawthorn have.

This is what shits me at the moment. We should have been brutal and put Sydney to the sword last night for having Franklin and Tippett missing and two in-game injuries. If the Hawks are ruthless then we are meek. Last night was as bad, if not worse, for me then the losses v Carlton and Brisbane. Pathetic.

Edit - In fact I wish we played as well in adversity as the Swans. Can only admire the spirit they have and the willingness to work for each other.

I think it was more the contemptuous way he said "Port Power" - he was one of the worst offenders in that regard for years, but has rarely put a foot wrong in recent seasons. He practically spat the words out this time.

Now, he either subscribes to the myth that we were the ultimate harbingers of his old club Fitzroy's demise (which would be absurdly hypocritical on his part), or he's still got the shits up for our sacking of Brisbane's dynasty, replete with handing him one of the most deplorable swansongs ever seen on a footy field.

But he's clearly had a spring put back into his step after our loss at the Gabba. And we've permitted it to happen when we should be ruthlessly crushing s**t teams like his for half a decade as Hawthorn have.

FUUUUUUUUU-
I wasn't denying he's an a-grade campaigner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You better not stick your head out when we win a flag buddy. I've never seen a person more down on the club they supposedly support than you.

Success is for those that ride through the bad times together, not for those that endlessly talk s**t about everything and ride people who are actively trying to solve our problems into the ground. Fingers crossed you jump off before you get a chance to enjoy the rewards. Flog.
Great post. Things are as never as good or as bad as they seem (football wise). PAP at times seems more a Crows supporter than a Port supporter. Make no mistake we will be the better for this poor year.

Great post. Things are as never as good or as bad as they seem (football wise). PAP at times seems more a Crows supporter than a Port supporter. Make no mistake we will be the better for this poor year.

There's one or two others like that here too. I think I have most of them on ignore now.

PAP at times seems more a Crows supporter than a Port supporter.

While I agree with the rest of your post, this bit is odd. I've always found PAP to be a very reasonable poster. I've never doubted which team they support.

Had to laugh at the comment put up just as the 2nd half was about to start "Swans on target for 100 tackles with 42 to half time"
They also mentioned the number of tackles in the first quarter. It was 27 to 26 at the time so if that kept up 100 each was going to happen. But it's a bit of a pointless comment as tackles will always drop off in one or two quarters.

Might be barking up the wrong tree here but I'm getting a bit over seeing Phil's son smiling whenever there's a story about this tragedy. Isn't there a protocol where these type of suspects shouldn't be given publicity in case they trigger like minded unhinged copycats?

Might be barking up the wrong tree here but I'm getting a bit over seeing Phil's son smiling whenever there's a story about this tragedy. Isn't there a protocol where these type of suspects shouldn't be given publicity in case they trigger like minded unhinged copycats?
Usually those ethics only come in to play during massacres.

Seeing Koch at Wimbledon while our season was hanging in the balance with such an important game annoyed the s**t out of me. This year has been a rather strange one. Seemingly lackadaisical, almost scared to succeed. This talk of players buckling with expectation is a copout, excuses for basically weak minded individuals with what seems little pride for the jumper, fans and their own performances.

I seriously wonder at times if players really give a toss about the 60k + supporters who bust a nut to get to games, pay their hard earned to witness what they have served up this year. Watching guys who are being paid hundreds of thousands of dollars playing like under 12's with bugger all repercussions has certainly tested my resolve as well as many of you I'm sure.

Seeing Koch at Wimbledon while our season was hanging in the balance with such an important game annoyed the s**t out of me. This year has been a rather strange one. Seemingly lackadaisical, almost scared to succeed. This talk of players buckling with expectation is a copout, excuses for basically weak minded individuals with what seems little pride for the jumper, fans and their own performances.

I seriously wonder at times if players really give a toss about the 60k + supporters who bust a nut to get to games, pay their hard earned to witness what they have served up this year. Watching guys who are being paid hundreds of thousands of dollars playing like under 12's with bugger all repercussions has certainly tested my resolve as well as many of you I'm sure.
To be fair 30000 of those couldn't be arsed for the years preceding themselves. They were hardly busting a nut.

What do you want him to do? Coach? Kick the footy? Slap the players around until they play better?

This man, together with KT turned the club around from a basket case, broken rabble to a serious club off field. And by the way, he also has a day job.

Some people have very short memories.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back