The Off-Season Thread (Luke Ridnour destination watch)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Spurs haven't won less than 50 games since 1997 - good luck guessing when that streak will end now.

Commiserations Blazers brothers StevieDewar smashh - it was fleeting, but this was one of my favourite teams of the last decade to watch - respect.

trail-blazers-spurs-basketball-1.jpg
It was fun while it lasted.

Now let's get our tank on and I might start watching a lot of bucks games

Hmm

Depends on injuries

A fit Parker and Duncan maybe...

Could just as easily go the other way tho
Dubs backcourt still runs rings around them though?

Fully fit Cavs just a shade better than the Spurs?

Dubs backcourt still runs rings around them though?

Fully fit Cavs just a shade better than the Spurs?
True
But they collapsed in on Memphis going small

Can't do that against the spurs with green

Fun times ahead

As it stands the clippers and Portland the big losers of free agency, west playoff picture is very murky....

In no order

Pelicans
Spurs
Warriors
Memphis
Houston
Thunder

Dallas... Could go either way
Phoenix... Could sneak into the bottom 2 slots
Clippers should still have enough to get in
Utah.. Maybe?

How long till the spurs call ray Allen?

So does the Aldridge signing put the Spurs past the Dubs or a fully fit Cavs?

I think our starting lineup (Parker, Green, Leonard, Aldridge, Duncan) is as good as any in the league, but a lot depends on health of Parker and Duncan and what we have given up to be able to fit LMA is our depth (which has always been our strength) - with only Mills and Diaw as solid bench contributors contracted right now (and we'll see what Kyle Anderson can do in his 2nd year). A lot of it will really depend on what guys we can bring in on the cheap to fill those bench roles... but we have a pretty good record of bringing in guys on the cheap and having them perform in the spurs system. (but most take 6-12 months to adjust, a luxury which we don't really have if Timmy wants No. 6)

So does the Aldridge signing put the Spurs past the Dubs or a fully fit Cavs?

it would be a fascinating finals series fo sho. depends if cavs lose some FAs such as smith. a test of depth.

SAS need parker healthy. he's the key. wonder how LMA will go with parker as a PG vs lill.

Hmm

Depends on injuries

A fit Parker and Duncan maybe...

Could just as easily go the other way tho

on the flip side, they could beat the cavs/W, or they could lose to the cavs/W.

Delfino meeting with spurs

LMA groomed to be next TD
Delf to be next manu

(Log in to remove this ad.)

(I know you're probably joking, but: Wouldn't be able to provide any defence at all... don't think Pop would want him at all.)

Now thats a much more interesting prospect.
The answer of course....

Sign James Jones. Guaranteed to make the finals :-D

Let's look ahead to the west finals.

Jordan vs Duncan. Can Tim stop DJ's post game?
Dirk vs Aldridge. Can LMA do anything to stop the German?
Parsons vs Leonard. Will Kawhi's staunch heterosexuality resist Chandler?
Matthews vs Green. The 2 elite 3 and D stars go at it.
Lawson vs Parker. French turd.

White Chocolate Jnr is on his way!

Is Varejao still injured?

If they got him healthy and back playing that's a nice bench piece for the Cavs.

Still really like Portland's offseason despite losing 5 starting quality players.
Had a lot of fun watching this team the last two years. Shame the way it all fell apart the end of this season, but it was still loads of fun. Thanks LMA, W3$, Nico and RoLo
Good on LMA, hope he wins a ring. That Spurs team should be very good - but I think a lot of people are going too early with Spurs/GSW/Cavs talk. That OKC roster is fire. Like it a lot.
Good on the Suns too. Don't know how or why or when or what but they were a real player for a big name FA. Missed out in the end but it's a good sign for them.
And GO KNICKS, love that O'Quinn signing. ggknicks. I think they'll be fun next year (maybe not good, but fun)

Will leave with two words.
Ben. Simmons.

I like the pick up for the Lakers. Hibbert has his flaws but hes still a top 5 defensive big man on a one year deal.

What bigs do Indiana have left?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back