Season 2016 starts now

Remove this Banner Ad

In terms of finals aspirations, does the Crows and Geelong sharing theorists (which is totally understandable) really hurt club like us, the dogs and GWS?
Gee if we miss finals because of it id be pissed , game should not have been canceled , a mid week game sometime later would of been preferable I think , I wonder what most 6 to 12 placed clubs realy think of it ?.

Gee if we miss finals because of it id be pissed , game should not have been canceled , a mid week game sometime later would of been preferable I think , I wonder what most 6 to 12 placed clubs realy think of it ?.
When we miss the finals it will be our own fault. I find it utterly appalling that anyone would even think what you've posted. Their coach was murdered 2 days before a game ffs.

When we miss the finals it will be our own fault. I find it utterly appalling that anyone would even think what you've posted. Their coach was murdered 2 days before a game ffs.
Well how about the Western Bulldogs for example, they play all season ripping their gutz out trying to make it , possibly all out the window for nothing they've done wrong , they owe the Afc , Port or anybody else nothing , cut all this kiddy crap , their supporters in general would be regretting it. Showing respect and falling to pieces are 2 different things.

Well how about the Western Bulldogs for example, they play all season ripping their gutz out trying to make it , possibly all out the window for nothing they've done wrong , they owe the Afc , Port or anybody else nothing , cut all this kiddy crap , their supporters in general would be regretting it. Showing respect and falling to pieces are 2 different things.
We all have opinions, I'm very happy mine are nothing like yours.

2015 is over as far as flag hopes go. silly to think otherwise. time to plan for next year. if your on the list and your prob not going to be arond next year, then time to step aside. Sadly, im looking at schulz and monfries. andno more games to sam gray or kane mitchell.

I'm worried about our list ... not that you can do anything drastic but seeing some of the young talent in some of the teams makes me green with envy.
I wouldn't trade players just to get a pick in the 40s but I would like to trade for a player swap. We need new blood - new energy into the squad

The problem with the Facebook generation is that they want everything now.

The problem with the older generation is that they want everything then.

What I'm trying to say is, our success will neither be instantaneous nor will it be historical, based on what was successful in the past. We don't need to fall into the trap of chasing certain game styles. Run and carry should still be the way we want to play, but we should have the body strength and size to crash through packs and tackles with that run. We should relish the contest, but we shouldn't seek it. We choose the fastest way of playing at all times - if that means we go around, we go around. Straight through, straight through.

We don't need to change. We just need to choose. That is, have multiple ways to play. Have more than one string to the bow. If an opponent like Richmond is playing on the counter, take your time and possess the ball like Hawthorn. If they are possessing the ball, use their spread to tear holes in them with run. And if they are running team, hit them on the counter. But that takes time and self belief.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

... and Hinkley to stop saying "the competition has gotten closer" because for us it seems like a self fulfilling prophecy but around the AFL it is a season like al seasons with teams getting beaten comfortably or winning comfortably.

We would not be posting most of this stuff if our skill level was up to scratch. We would have 3 - 4 more wins with better skills. The question is why do we drop off when we are pressured. I believe we get sucked in to playing the way the opposition wants us to play. Injuries to Polec and White have made us look slow and stop start. There is no out side run atm when we do win the middle. We also struggle when we play good marking sides like geelong and Sydney. Carlton have an average list imo but they showed when your skills are up to scratch and you work hard, you will beat average sides and push the good sides.

... and Hinkley to stop saying "the competition has gotten closer" because for us it seems like a self fulfilling prophecy but around the AFL it is a season like al seasons with teams getting beaten comfortably or winning comfortably.

I think ken is spot on, look at the weekends results, Gold Coast smash North, free getting pushed by bris, saints smashing Essendon those bottom sides switch on for the day and almost anything is possible

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I want the club to be honest with us in terms of preparations for 2016.
If we start testing out players for next year then please communicate that.

Our crowd numbers wont drop off if we put our future on display, however they may if we go into denial/spin/bullshit mode.

I hope we pick players for 2016 starting now.

That's my 2 cents worth.

:confused:

I hope you weren't one of the people who whinged when Choco wrote us off around this time of the year...

I think ken is spot on, look at the weekends results, Gold Coast smash North, free getting pushed by bris, saints smashing Essendon those bottom sides switch on for the day and almost anything is possible

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Point is we are making practically every game a tussle and falling short. We are not suffering a once off humiliation, we're beginning to suffer it numerous times again.

Last edited:
I'm worried about our list ... not that you can do anything drastic but seeing some of the young talent in some of the teams makes me green with envy.
I wouldn't trade players just to get a pick in the 40s but I would like to trade for a player swap. We need new blood - new energy into the squad
Totally agree. There are some gun young footballers in the league. Take an eye off the ball next season and watch many midfields lick their lips playing a washed up port midfield that had talent but never delivered. Not saying it will happen, but next year will be important to prove wrong. We need to be blooding arch and Amon now!!!!!

Is Ken more interested in 2016 and beyond than this season?

There is still a substantial amount of 2015 to pass by. Change for the better must happen asap, not like Primus' theory of aiming to have success in 4 years time whilst completely dropping the bundle in the present time. Half the reason why we haven't won more than one AFL flag and been a disappointing AFL club. I prefer the 'never give up' mantra.

Why Pittard hasn't been moved to the wing to replace the lost run of Polec is simply baffling, he is the nearest player on the list to that run and carry type player, plus he has that penetrating left foot that can be used to break through zones.
Another probable advantage of moving Pittard away from defence ( as already mentioned by a number of other posters ) is it should limit the regular damage caused by his turnovers in the defensive 50.

Stewie could easily replace Pittard in defence as it is his natural, and best position at the higher level.

Unfortunately I doubt much different will happen, as Ken and the rest of the selection panel appear to have lost the ability to think outside the square, and believe that with more of the same old, same old, the players will all of a sudden click into gear - but meanwhile season 2015 is well on the way to Bolivar and doesn't look like coming back anytime soon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back