UFC 193 - Fight Week!

Remove this Banner Ad

CM Punk at 155 is embarrassing to even talk about. He's about the same weight as Jon Jones leading into a cut or Weidman leading into a camp. He has limited weight cutting experience and is 36 years old. If he make is to 185 or at the lowest, 170 then we should be happy. If only he was a heavy weight, things would be easier on him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Conor has said he has no interest fighting in Melbourne, has also said he MUST fight on the Ireland card (which i think is in September).

I don't know what we will get but if its at Rod Laver i think MMAPride Scott is spot on it will be Mighty Mouse or TJ (mind you i love TJ so i would be stoked with that). However if its at Etihad as they continue to mumur about i think we will get a big name. Ronda would be dependent on how she comes out of her next fight (its a short turn around to fight in November so any injuries rule her out). Weidman was being held for a fight in NYC which is starched now so he is a big chance IMO (Weidman v Rockhold would be amazing and Rockhold has fought in Aus before). DC seems a stretch and apparently wants on the 192 card (which Cain is pushing hard to be on as well) Werdum is no chance because Brazillians only seem to fight in Brazil and Vegas nowadays. Anyway from all this i think the following...

Etihad -
Weidman
Rousey
TJ
Joanna Jedrecantspellherlastnameazak
DC (and Cain) If their 192 wishes dont come off
Are all a chance

Rod Laver -
Mighty Mouse, TJ or Joanna.

There has never been a fizzer card in Oz. UFC Adelaide had like 80% finish rate and the last card in Brisbane was the first card to have all finishes from memory.
A fizzer in the sense that a veritable bounty superstars and high profile title fights were promised.. Only for it to turn into another Aussie amateur card and a 1-2 big names. I really hope they pull out a few stops and bring some quality, big name fighters over.

I'm not intending to tread on our talent, but there's a canyon of difference between our aussie roster and the UFC's best, and I would've expected more of the latter - going by what's on record from people like DW.

A fizzer in the sense that a veritable bounty superstars and high profile title fights were promised.. Only for it to turn into another Aussie amateur card and a 1-2 big names. I really hope they pull out a few stops and bring some quality, big name fighters over.

I'm not intending to tread on our talent, but there's a canyon of difference between our aussie roster and the UFC's best, and I would've expected more of the latter - going by what's on record from people like DW.

Ahh gotcha, im curious, whats DW said that makes you think no one is coming? Ive clearly not seen that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back