List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Draft, Rookie Draft and FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would rather spend 800K on Treloar then 500k on Tarrant
200_s.gif

Out of interest then Moorabbin Ghost , what did you make of our recent comments about possibly trading something like pick 6 for picks 11 and 18?

A fishing expedition perhaps? :)

View attachment 158038

Supporters reading too much into what Ameet said. I wouldn't believe anything a club says about trade/draft at this time of year.
All I'll say is that after the disappointment of missing out on Shiel things have started to move along behind the scenes.

Supporters reading too much into what Ameet said. I wouldn't believe anything a club says about trade/draft at this time of year.
All I'll say is that after the disappointment of missing out on Shiel things have started to move along behind the scenes.
Music to my ears.

Say. No. More. :cool:

say no more.jpg

Last edited:
Have to trade good picks for good players. reaching happens all the time, not saying we will do it just hope we dont. I just think its a good time to trade for quality established players because of this draft.
Picks 6 and 24 for Prestia? Think I'll give this chain a rest for a while.

From the sounds of it we were ultra confident of luring Dyl back then, I'd suggest (which is nothing new to anyone) that he would've agreed to come to us had GWS had the season in which the Suns have had in that case. Bit of a shame but the way some guys on here talk, it's like they can pick and choose players from a supermarket shelf - to gain that sort of talent isn't as easy as we'd all think/hope.

Ameet, imo was smart about his timing, it was far enough out from trade week to not be considered a clear strategy but it was near enough to have other clubs put the idea the the front of their mind if they wanted to plan that way. One thing we have done well imo over the past few drafts is dangle the carrot.

My Carlton supporting brother (I've tried to convert but he once said Dennis Armfield was a decent player so I gave up then and there) has heard a rumour that Kruezer will be forced to leave as a FA in the hope they will get band 1 compo for him.

What do you reckon Kruezer would attract on the open market and who would be after him? Would be annoying if it happened as they would most likely take a KPP and a midfielder if given the oppurtunity.

My Carlton supporting brother (I've tried to convert but he once said Dennis Armfield was a decent player so I gave up then and there) has heard a rumour that Kruezer will be forced to leave as a FA in the hope they will get band 1 compo for him.

What do you reckon Kruezer would attract on the open market and who would be after him? Would be annoying if it happened as they would most likely take a KPP and a midfielder if given the oppurtunity.
I think the club has made it pretty clear we wont be going after FA's this year, although he would be a good second ruck/forward. It wold also enable us to trade Hickey and get another draft pick.

Pushing down the draft even further wouldn't be great, as IMO we are already missing out on the best of the draft.

I think the club has made it pretty clear we wont be going after FA's this year, although he would be a good second ruck/forward. It wold also enable us to trade Hickey and get another draft pick.

Pushing down the draft even further wouldn't be great, as IMO we are already missing out on the best of the draft.

Ah apologies, I didn't mean for us to chase him but he would be a handy fit for us.

The question was; which AFL team do you think will go after a player like Kruezer and do you think they will pay him enough to land Carlton band 1 compo?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah apologies, I didn't mean for us to chase him but he would be a handy fit for us.

The question was; which AFL team do you think will go after a player like Kruezer and do you think they will pay him enough to land Carlton band 1 compo?
If the Swans were allowed to trade he suit them perfectly

He was a high pick but he has not much output so no one will give him big money. I would think a late first round pick would be about 3 times his value.

Really not worried about results this year going forward , can really see Melbourne finishing above us.

Hey guys, I was talking with the Victirian Cricket coach last night (who also happens to be a St Kilda supporter) and he said that we are interested in picking up Alex Keath as a category B rookie. He said that he had spoken to Alex who told him this but said that Adelaide were the club who were really into him. The article in the Age not that long ago said there were 14 clubs that maintained communication with him, but could be a handy pick up for nothing. Very highly rated in his draft year and at 196cm. He just may have been away from the game for too long.
http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news...ded-cricketer-alex-keath-20150430-1mwbdq.html

Kruezer is a very good player, his body is not on the same page though.

Champion data did a top 7-9 picks on Harf Time on SEN.

According to them, assuming we land at pick 6 and if we want a Montagna replacement, then apparently Gresham is our best option.

This compo stuff is a pharce.. No player ever gets there proper value it's a joke... Compo was just spose to soften the blow for clubs early days before getting phazed out... Why is it still there? We wanted free agency we need to accept what it is and stop with this compo crap as it screws other clubs in the draft

If you're of a mind to watch some great footy, head on down to Princes Park and check out the Gippsland Power take on the Geelong Falcons at 1pm.

Sadly only one of the McKay boys is playing (I think it's Ben) but Mathieson and Parish are both turning out for the Falcons.

Hi All. First time poster, long time observer. I am new to BF so pardon my ignorance when it comes the way I reply on these threads initially. I am a mad saints fan and am happy with the way the saints are progressing with their rebuild. Fantastic coach, great core of senior players to lead the exciting next generation and the board/admin have been great in recent times. The move back to Moorabbin will be the icing on the cake.

Now to keep this post relevant to this thread. I like to indulge in trade rumours/suggestions. I enjoy reading this thread and have liked some of the trade suggestions. Some are madness but can't fault the effort. I was regularly emailing the Pelchen in the last couple of trade periods with my trade suggestions and managed to get responses. Now he's gone, will have to bombard Trout and Ameet.

To kick off my first trade suggestion. I will try for most part to keep them pragmatic. Would we look at trading our first round pick (currently 6) to Brisbane for Aish + their second round pick (currently 20) then trading pick 20 to Essendon for Carlisle (provided that he's in the clear with WADA). I know that people seem to think he is a d**khead but am confident Richo can work his magic and turn him around (see M.Weller). I would much rather get Hurley as a FA next year but realistically see us competing with other teams to get his signature which will inflate his worth on the open market. I know we have cap space but need to think of the whole list going forward when we need to renew contract for Billings, Paddy and the like when they become superstars of the comp and keep them together. I think Essendon will look to go into rebuild mode and given their loss of draft picks in previous years will need to fast track getting top 20 picks. I think Carlisle will be one of the ones to make way. Hooker and Hurley are the preference for the backline and I think he knows he plays best in the backline. OOC so that helps as well at the trade table (provided he nominates us).

Benefits of the above trade:
1. Aish helps address our need for a classy wingman with good ball use. I know he has dropped off this year but how many countless others have dropped off in their second year then rebound? I don't think his injuries have helped either.
2. Carlisle is a solid presence in the backline and is in the right age bracket for our next tilt. He also adds versatility given he can be used as a swingman.

I'm sure pick 6 will help get a good mid, but why not look at killing two birds with one stone. and fill two needs going forward In addition, we should be able to pick a good prospect with our second round pick (Gresham).

I am interested to get feedback.

Everyone keep up the good work.

If you're of a mind to watch some great footy, head on down to Princes Park and check out the Gippsland Power take on the Geelong Falcons at 1pm.

Sadly only one of the McKay boys is playing (I think it's Ben) but Mathieson and Parish are both turning out for the Falcons.

How bigs ya mate Gresham? Grown a bit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back