7. Hawks
  8. Roys
  9. Bears
  10. Swamprats
  11. Furies
  12. Wolves

Notes:
- based on on-field stats from round 1

- it takes into account last year's form, to a degree, mostly to gauge early expectations

- will be subject to wild fluctuations for the first few weeks before the patterns set and become clearer

- for the most part, it's who I think could win the premiership if the season were to be suspended and the Grand Final were to be played at the conclusion of the passing round

- if you find your team is ranked below a team you beat (or any other team that lost) in round one (or the week before), I am telling you my formula is telling me you're wrong and there's (probably) readily-available data out there to back up my wild, overwhelmingly biased claims. If you can find these numbers, and they're the same ones I'm seeing, then good for you

This thread will no doubt either never be finished or be warped off all inherent merit to the point where I start making (more of) it up to save time. Before then, I am hoping I don't also get bored. Either way, I have no regrets.

Round 2 predictions:

Fighting Furies v East Side Hawks at Punt Road

The Furies, despite claiming the four points, disappointed in round one but they have the stronger list on paper and the home-field advantage this week. They should by all means crush this one out of the park. Will they, though? Who the * knows. I don't think they will. The Hawks were so damn efficient going forward against the Bears while the Furies backline was leaking like a burst water pipe. Hawks by 16.

Coney Island Warriors v Las Vegas Bears at Van Cortlandt Park

The Bears squandered a lot of opportunities in front of goal in round one, costing them some healthy percentage. The Warriors had the same issue against that Dragons juggernaut. Defensively both teams had lapses too, but the Warriors have the superior midfield and are at home. Hard to argue against that. Warriors by 25

Mount Buller Demons v Dragons FFC at Snow Dome

Mount Buller more than held their own against the Bandits last week but ran out of legs and blew it in the fourth quarter. Meanwhile, the Dragons were never in doubt cruising home to a big win their Grand Final rematch. The only I see the Demons winning this is if they turn on the AC and insist the Dragons play without any shoes in the Snow Dome. Dragons by 56.

Roys FFC v Baghdad Bandits at Brunswick Junction Oval

The Bandits are the strongest team in the league statistically after round one. A seven-goal fourth quarter blitzing of the Demons shows they're in red hot form, so in a game against the local old folks home affiliate, why I am not expecting them get the 'W'? A little something I like to call "no reason". Roys by 8.

Gold City Royals v West Coast Wonders at The Golden Throne

Team A went on the road against the off-season's biggest winners, with a depleted list of their own, and crushed them by ten goals. Team B... who gives a s**t. I don't. Royals by 17.

Sin City Swamprats v Geelong Wolves at Underground Stadium

Swampies should have beaten the Furies, and they would have had they managed the clock better.I suspect deep down the Wolves are the better team but they may need to take another week to work out their kinks, being on the road won't help that, and not against a more in-form opponent. Swamprats by 19.

Just what we need on a Monday morning, a big pile of steaming poo! lol

One Royals poster does maketh a team.

Lel to you sir.

So you're saying I should be number one on these rankings considering I beat a team of twenty guys single-handedly? That is impressive, I'll give myself that, not sure it's quite accurate nor what it has to do with Qooty and subsequently these rankings though.

So you're saying I should be number one on these rankings considering I beat a team of twenty guys single-handedly? That is impressive, I'll give myself that, not sure it's quite accurate nor what it has to do with Qooty and subsequently these rankings though.

After we single handedly sent Okey a little la la loopsy we are 11th, what do you judges want, a bribe like bonce got from the dragons?

Oh man not another relevance thread

It's how the minnows swim among sharks.

Coney Island Warriors : 9.16.70
lol... more behinds and less goals and a loss of 40 points. Yet apparently their form from last year puts them 5 spots above the bears.

The Bears hate is strong ;)

lol... more behinds and less goals and a loss of 40 points. Yet apparently their form from last year puts them 5 spots above the bears.

Bears team meeting today to discuss this issue.

rs_500x227-131003121719-mean-girls-21.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hehehehe... minnow

Would be great if we had a SFA squiggle.
I'll confess, I've done this.

It doesn't rank the Demons highly so fat chance I'll release it.

Oh man not another relevance thread
The Royals assured us in our match thread that all the relevance thing was Okey and then SoGs work
Yet here we are....

The Royals assured us in our match thread that all the relevance thing was Okey and then SoGs work
Yet here we are....

I searched for the word 'relevant' in the opening post and didn't find it.

Yet here we are....
If it were a relevance thing it would have a lame joke like leaving the Demons off the list. Talk about childish.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back