Daniel Menzel 'returned to footy' progress updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm happy to put up my hand and say I had grave concerns for Menzel getting back after so many set-backs (tbh I still do have some worries which may never completely vanish after all he has been through) but I'll also say that I was always hoping like crazy that he'd make a return.

Regardless of how he plays tonight, this game this is a BIG F**KING DEAL and it is due reward for a guy who never doubted himself even when others (like me) did.

Menzel making his return this evening should be more than enough reason for people to get along tonight if they can.

Best footy story of the year.

Good luck Dan, all the best. We'll all be cheering you on. :thumbsu:

Hard as a rock.

Get on him for first goal scorer. Paying $21.
Juicy odds given that you would think all his team mates would be looking to get him involved early

Sent from my Two Cans using A Piece of String

Juicy odds given that you would think all his team mates would be looking to get him involved early

Sent from my Two Cans using A Piece of String

Him getting first goal, would be like Varcoe's goal in the 2011 GF. It would be absolute pandemonium.

I'd you're not erect for this young man then you are gay.
I would have thought being erect for him, rather than not, would actually make you gay.

Guess when he gets his first touch tonight there will be a standing ovation one way or the other.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Legitimately nervous for the game and not really thinking about the result.
The buzz and anticipation when he gets to to his first contest/takes his first mark is going to be electric.
CANNOT WAIT!

Finally saw AFL360 last night talking about Menzel's return & loved it!

That documentary looks incredible too looking forward to next Tuesday & Wednesday!

Good luck tonight Menz! At times I won't be looking at the score I'll just be looking at the MENZ!
Fox need to set up a special Menz cam to be viewed via the red button :p

I'll be at the 'G tonight standing in the exact same position I stood when he did his knee the first time - more importantly, the same position I stood the week prior to watch him tear Collingwood to shreds. I'd never expect a repeat of that in his return game but if he snags even one goal I reckon I and every other Geelong supporter at the ground will be just as excited as we were that night.

All the plaudits and congratulations that Daniel has earned have already been said. All I have to say now is: Give 'em hell, MENZ!

I am getting a
Legitimately nervous for the game and not really thinking about the result.
The buzz and anticipation when he gets to to his first contest/takes his first mark is going to be electric.
CANNOT WAIT!
I am getting a Vasectomy before the game and more nervous for Dan than my boys.... this doc better cut quick so I am back in time for the game.

Just letting my excitement flow here... I believe the following accurately represents Menzel's struggles over the last 4 years to get back on the footy field. Having just won a recent battle, he is now ready for the rest of the war o_O:drunk::p.

THIS. IS. GEELONG!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back