News Return of the King

Remove this Banner Ad

What's his role?
Assistant coach:

Geelong Cats General Manager - Football Andrew Mackie welcomed King back to GMHBA Stadium.

“We’re excited to add Steven to our coaching staff. He returns to the Club with a strong coaching resume and we’re happy he sees his next coaching opportunity with the Club.

“Steven is passionate about developing players and his knowledge and experience will further benefit our playing group.

“We’re looking forward to seeing the impact Steven can have on our Football department and welcome him and his family back to Geelong.”

Doesn't Steven King has a son who not a bad footballer

Both King and Rahilly are supposed to be rated very highly. Good gets seemingly.
Just on that...

2010 - Big shakeup. Thompson departs, Scott comes on board. Premiership the following year.

2019 - Slight shakeup, Grigg comes on board. GF the next year.

2021 - Big shakeup of assistants. Enright, Scarlett & Knights depart. Kelly, Byrnes & Egan come on board. Premiership the next year.

2023 - Slight shakeup again, Grigg & Jenkins depart, Steven King comes on board. TBC what 2024 entails.

With toungue firmly in cheek, we can expect big things next year.

Just on that...

2010 - Big shakeup. Thompson departs, Scott comes on board. Premiership the following year.

2021 - Big shakeup of assistants. Enright, Scarlett & Knights depart. Kelly, Byrnes & Egan come on board. Premiership the next year.

2023 - Slight shakeup again, Grigg & Jenkins depart, Steven King comes on board. TBC what 2024 entails.

Omen threadworthy as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just on that...

I'm sold. Premierships in even years from here

Just on that...

Always

I'm happy to see it.

For those who weren't around at the time, from 2000 till 2002, King was the best ruckman I've seen at the club (that said, I never saw Mark Blake), and possibly the best in the league at the time, too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back