List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Draft, Rookie Draft and FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geelong Falcons 2.2 4.5 7.7 10.9 (69)
Dandenong Stingrays 1.3 1.9 2.12 3.15 (33)

GOALS:
Geelong Falcons: Curnow 3 Kol 2 Bennett 2 Henry Kershaw Blair

Dandenong Stingrays: Capiron Freeman Gladman

BEST:
Geelong Falcons: Kol Sheahan Bennett Mathieson Parish Sexton

Dandenong Stingrays: Collins Weitering Rouse Pickess McKay Glen

Jeesus after watching the Swans game we still look far off it
still reckon we may need
3-4 class mids particularly outside because guys like armo and steven win it on the inside and have no one to pass to on the outside who have good foot skills. Lets be honest armitage and steven are not the greatest kicks going around

2015 afl draft

Pick. 6 Balic
27 - R. Clarke/Nick O'Kearnary
47. Jesse Glass-Mckasker
66. look at Hartley
84- Sinclair

Trade bait: Geary (can't kick) only a average footballer at best trade him while he still has currency second rounder should do, Gilbert has past his used by date,

Rookie: Tom Wilkinson over age player for sandy dragons: Quick, ball magnet, broke Hartung's beep test record and good skills

2016 AFL draft

pick 8 - best mid available preferably quick or trade for J Kelly/Prestia who can make immediate impact
Pick 29 - Best mid left
Pick 49 - KPP

FA: Sidebottom

Some thoughts after today but based mainly on trade.

Why are some so quick to be critical of Aish in his second season, considering his body type/shape, but we (myself included) stick up for Dunstan at every opportunity? We need class and Aish is class.

I'm running out of patience with Seb. I have been a massive supporter of his for years and lost count the number of times I've said give him time. Not sure if he'd get any nibbles in trade period, but I'd have him on the table. No point persisting with Mav up forward, this killed TCs career. Mav is an upgrade on Seb in the middle of the ground, so play him there.

What has happened to Josh Bruce in the second half of the year? Obviously we won't trade him out, but the bloke can't even take a chest mark - in games like today, surely swing him down back to give us something!

Holmes gives us a chance in the ruck, Hickey probably won't make it in the forwardline - Longer is number one. I know we aren't trading out a ruckman, but this isn't working. I hope like hell we are in the ear of Wright from GC (not next year but eventually) to be a genuine swingman as we just have pure rucks.

Our footskills are deplorable, whoever we trade in/draft, they must be able to kick the bloody ball! That's why I'm leaning towards Tucker if Parish and Francis are gone.

Billings, Lonie and Sinclair didn't play today and they add immediate skill and decision making ability to our best 22.

James Aish and a skilful run and carry player (Tucker or Ah Chee) from the draft is a priority.

The unfortunate thing for us is that we want top end talent and desperately need speed and quality kicking. Pick 6 will usually get a very talented footballer but none of the players expected to go around that mark are what we are looking for.

Matheison is a terrific talent but his knocks are he's not overly quick and doesn't have a terrific kick.

Balic has the skills but moves like a sloth.

Tucker has the speed and skills but their are doubts over whether he'll be a midfielder or just a half back.

Question marks over where Curnow will play his best footy.

I think for this reason it's at least worth looking at trying to turn pick 6 into two early teens picks (most likely Adelaides) and hope we can pick a Gresham and then possibly a key back or another runner that wouldn't be available with our second.

I'm definitely not a draft expert but I just get the feeling this is definitely worth considering.

Billings, Lonie and Sinclair didn't play today and they add immediate skill and decision making ability to our best 22.

James Aish and a skilful run and carry player (Tucker or Ah Chee) from the draft is a priority.

I understand the big talks on Tucker
but my understanding is he is a HB maybe similar to McVeigh. I think we should be more focused on classy outside mids that offer elite skills and can hit a bloody target inside 50

I understand the big talks on Tucker
but my understanding is he is a HB maybe similar to McVeigh. I think we should be more focused on classy outside mids that offer elite skills and can hit a bloody target inside 50

Tucker is an outside mid that has elite skills and can hit a target. Just cos he starts on a back flank doesn't mean he's not an outside mid. Flankers these days are midfielders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd love to trade 6 and something else into 2 picks between 10-15. There's going to be some good talent around there I think from the conjecture over the order.

How much do the crows want local kid Francis? I reckon he'll be avail at 6. 6 & 25 for 12 & 13 (Danger compo).

I wouldn't mind drafting Ah chee, mainly because I think he has a cool name to yell out at the footy. Aaaaaahhhhhhhhh CHEEEEEE

Balic has the skills but moves like a sloth.

Tucker has the speed and skills but their are doubts over whether he'll be a midfielder or just a half back.

I'm definitely not a draft expert but I just get the feeling this is definitely worth considering.
clearly

:p:p:p

Last edited:
I don't think there's any debate, but Tom Lynch as that link player between hb/wing and inside 50, would be pretty hand right about now... I know we got Newnes, but sadly, I'd like Lynch back right about now...

I know we need top end talent so trading out pick 6 sounds ridiculous but I honestly think we'd be better off with picks 12 & 13 than 6 & 25.
Although I'm not sure Francis would be available with that pick.
Bank on it that one of Parish, Francis, Curnow or Mathieson will be available at our first pick.
It gets more speculative after that and more than likely none of them will be there at #12 or #13.

But it could be the time to trust Trout and Bains (if they could get two picks) to nail them with sliders.
Two of Balic, Ah Chee, Tucker, Milera, Gresham and Bonner?
All great kicks.

Tempting.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back