List Mgmt. OFFICIAL: Henderson to Geelong for 2016 first pick

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm assuming they meant at Geelong....

Also are the rules written up so that we can't have him at the club doing weights etc... just out of the goodness of our own hearts obviously and not in any form of official capacity with him being still contracted at another club.
Look, we just left the door to the gym open and he chose of his own free will to get stuck into it. Honest!

Look, we just left the door to the gym open and he chose of his own free will to get stuck into it. Honest!
That cheeky Hendo..

Well I've spent the last half an hour or so having a read through the blues thread and the trade flavour of the month is us sending our first round pick (8) alongside R2 pick (26) in exchange for Hendo and (20). Seems overs but they seem to think slight unders so that could just be our biases cancelling each other out.

Would not want us giving that top 10 pick for Henderson though personally

If we end up with pick 8 I wanna take that s**t to the draft. Or they can have our R1 next year if they want to risk it. Henderson is a good player but pick 8 and coming down the draft order from 26 to 20 hmmmm not great IMO.

I think we'll manufacture a later 1st round pick, it might mean sending Kersten or Walker somewhere with our 2nd rounder for a late first round then on trading that for Henderson, I think we all agree that Henderson is worth a late first round just not a top 10 pick.
Nope sorry can't agree on that at all. Have you seen hendersons performances this year? Walkers has been better and he is younger.

I think if we give just pick 8 for Henderson we are nuts and even if Carlton were to give us there pick 20 in return its way unders for a top 10 pick

T.Menzel would be better than any pick 20 in a very Shallow draft even if we let S.Wells pick a Gem

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton are interested in Treloar now, and Sam McClure I think mentioned he thinks the Blues will not be trading their original first round draft pick but are looking to use the Henderson pick as part of an offer. :rolleyes:

How about we just offer that pick for Treloar instead

Treloar fits a need but we are crying out for key defenders. It is why the club should have tried recruiting more of them in recent years.
Now we are in a tight spot. We have Lonergan who is moments away from declining. We have Delaney who hasn't played AFL for years because of a persistent foot injury and we have a young man by the name of Kolodjashnij.
Realistically, two key forwards we can rely upon in 2016 in Taylor & Kolo is not adequate enough. This is why we need someone like Henderson.

Treloar fits a need but we are crying out for key defenders. It is why the club should have tried recruiting more of them in recent years.
Now we are in a tight spot. We have Lonergan who is moments away from declining. We have Delaney who hasn't played AFL for years because of a persistent foot injury and we have a young man by the name of Kolodjashnij.
Realistically, two key forwards we can rely upon in 2016 in Taylor & Kolo is not adequate enough. This is why we need someone like Henderson.

Rnd 1 pick and player for Treloar and Rnd 2 pick and player for Henderson ;)

Having such a low pick I'll be so dissapointed if it goes on Henderson but if it looks like it'll make the deal happen I think geelong will just do it.
We should be able to get a much younger hopefuls future star midfielder for pick 7/8 and wouldn't it be exciting to have cockatoo and another young top 10 mid running round together.

Completely unfathomable that we would even consider trading a top 10 pick for an UNCONTRACTED player from another club.

I am a Henderson fan but even if he was under contract, I wouldn't want us to part with a top ten pick for him.

The fact he's OOC gives us all the leverage in this situation, just as Brisbane had the upper hand when negotiating for Christensen.

If Henderson went in the draft he would certainly make it to us, particularly if he refuses to do a medical/meet with other clubs.

But really, I think we're fair traders and we wouldn't try to rip Carlton off. At the same time, a top 10 pick would be absolute highway robbery by them and I have full confidence we won't part with it.

Completely unfathomable that we would even consider trading a top 10 pick for an UNCONTRACTED player from another club.

I am a Henderson fan but even if he was under contract, I wouldn't want us to part with a top ten pick for him.

The fact he's OOC gives us all the leverage in this situation, just as Brisbane had the upper hand when negotiating for Christensen.

If Henderson went in the draft he would certainly make it to us, particularly if he refuses to do a medical/meet with other clubs.

But really, I think we're fair traders and we wouldn't try to rip Carlton off. At the same time, a top 10 pick would be absolute highway robbery by them and I have full confidence we won't part with it.

I am coming around to this view as well. I am sure our top ten will be involved but I want something else coming back.

Having such a low pick I'll be so dissapointed if it goes on Henderson but if it looks like it'll make the deal happen I think geelong will just do it.
We should be able to get a much younger hopefuls future star midfielder for pick 7/8 and wouldn't it be exciting to have cockatoo and another young top 10 mid running round together.

Depends who is rated in the draft this year ... but yeah it would be nice to be able to use that pick on a good mid, but if the opportunity arises for a player like Treloar ... you would be mad not to take it.

I'll vomit in my mouth if we give up that pick for Henderson.

They have ZERO leverage. They've already kicked him out of the club so basically we can offer whatever we want if he nominates us alone, because there is now way under any circumstances that Henderson can remain at Carlton. He doesn't want to be there and Carlton don't want him there.

We need him to nominate us alone and then it's essentially a scenario of take what we offer or you get nothing when he becomes a delisted free agent. We must use that to our advantage. 2nd rnd or nothing and walk away until they accept it.

Everyone just settle. Henderson's value doesn't change because our pick has become better. He is still only worth a late first rounder or early second. For them to get our first pick, one of two things needs to happen:

1. Evening up with picks - e.g. 8 and 26 are swapped for Henderson and a late teen pick.

2. Evening up with a player - Troy Menzel being the only real candidate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back