List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Draft, Rookie Draft and FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any hints MG

Nothing specific at this stage, we have our irons in a couple of fires still. Good to see that two potentially high calibre players have chosen our club. I think once the draft is finished and people see the additions we've made we will make the footy world sit up and take notice that we're not mucking about.

Just a thought, but we are going into next year with Dempster, Fisher, Lee, Carlisle, Goddard, Delaney, Roberton and Gilbert all over 190cm potentially playing in the backline.

Apart from having a very very good defence at Sandy, we will have great depth in a backline which hasn't seen that for years.

I'd guess Robbo and Gilbert might stay on the wings, Lee will be traded, Del gone from top 5 in B&F to Sandy backup, Dempster could run through the midfield and Chips could finish his career the way he started it up forward - so there are options...

But it does present a problem, as good as it is to have, in that having these guys play out of position for a year could mean guys like Acres and DMac may not develop.

I think Chips and Dempster in particular will cause headaches at selection and might find themselves playing at Sandy at times next year. If so, it would be a sad way to go out for them.

Nothing specific at this stage, we have our irons in a couple of fires still. Good to see that two potentially high calibre players have chosen our club. I think once the draft is finished and people see the additions we've made we will make the footy world sit up and take notice that we're not mucking about.

I think they already are

the kid has a lot of meh about his highlight video

Yeah he's one that doesn't jump out at me in any way. Clarke looks like a better mid option but the club must know something I don't.
Clarke

Francis would be my pick

Midfielders, midfielders and more midfielders for the next 2 years, add a third tall defender in Free Agency and we're set.

Goddard
Carlisle
Longer
Bruce
McCartin

Still early days but I'm quite happy with the look of that spine. We already have some high class smalls to add around them, we are getting there. Will be mids all the way from here to finish off.

I wonder how many games of Rhys Mathieson's that these critics have watched? Unbelievable.

Not enough obviously but he's not got much appeal to me. I'm not someone who has any control over decisions and trust the recruiters know what they are doing- as long as he isn't the new Boekhorst.

Just a thought, but we are going into next year with Dempster, Fisher, Lee, Carlisle, Goddard, Delaney, Roberton and Gilbert all over 190cm potentially playing in the backline.

Apart from having a very very good defence at Sandy, we will have great depth in a backline which hasn't seen that for years.

I'd guess Robbo and Gilbert might stay on the wings, Lee will be traded, Del gone from top 5 in B&F to Sandy backup, Dempster could run through the midfield and Chips could finish his career the way he started it up forward - so there are options...

But it does present a problem, as good as it is to have, in that having these guys play out of position for a year could mean guys like Acres and DMac may not develop.

I think Chips and Dempster in particular will cause headaches at selection and might find themselves playing at Sandy at times next year. If so, it would be a sad way to go out for them.

If Fisher, Dempster and Carlisle are all fit and firing I think Hugh will be spending a similar amount of time at Sandy as he did this year, and that's a good thing. I don't mind young KPP learning at VFL level while they develop their game. From 2017 he will be ready to go in our starting 18.

He is 100% a smoker when he is out at the very least and loves a punt. But it's not really a big deal. He actually has a very good tank for a KPP.
He can play. He has shown when he is at ease and confident he is among the best marks of the football in the competition. He will be the king of the intercept mark in defence for you guys and with the height of the modern day key forward he is the perfect stature for a key defender. Simplify his role, tell him he is playing on the best forward each week and you will be rewarded in spades. He prefers to have a starting point (an opponent to stand) and then zone off from there if possible rather than up forward he can get a bit lost at times. Some of the stuff he was doing a in 2013 was ridiculous. Exceptional reader of the ball in flight and has vice like hands.

Thanks for this, great post :thumbsu:. You pretty much nailed why us Saints supporters should be getting excited about him. As a defender he pretty much has it all. Height, endurance and the ability to both intercept mark/zone off become third man up and play as a shut down defender as well on the gorillas/key forwards. He is what we have needed for a long, long time.

Hypothetical if Parish, Francis and Mathieson are available at 5 (I know this is very unlikely) who do we take?

I love Francis, I reckon he has star written all over him. Looks like Brendan Goddard mark II.

Not enough obviously but he's not got much appeal to me. I'm not someone who has any control over decisions and trust the recruiters know what they are doing- as long as he isn't the new Boekhorst.
Mathos the next Lenny, boekturd wouldn't be fit to clean his boots

Yeah he's one that doesn't jump out at me in any way. Clarke looks like a better mid option but the club must know something I don't.

I really like Francis.. He could be anything.. He's a true Brendan Goddard type utility, he is Nat Fyfe sized and with Weitering and Schache and academy picks etc he could quite easily slide to pick 5 if we keep it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A second and Ross or two seconds for Carlisle, two thirds for Freeman. Can we dream that these trades will get it done?

I would like to offer Collingwood the rhyming slang of two thirds after they offered SFA for Luke Ball.

Mathos the next Lenny, boekturd wouldn't be fit to clean his boots

I had to get it down that I dissed him early incase he spuds up the place. Then if he is I conveniently copy and paste what I said into a new one and look like a genius. If he's a gun I will pretend the context was making what I said sound bad. I am the guy who after 2 seasons wanted Brendan Goddard de listed because he was an embarrassment to have to watch. I'm not sure I'm good judge.

I remember hoping like mad that the club draft Petracca last year and went on record saying I saw nothing special in McCartin's game. Of course, I was basing all of that on youtube highlights.

I don't regret saying that because I was going on the info available to me. But, I think it's fair to say that what I knew about the 2 players was a grain of sand compared to Trout, etc.

I don't imagine Joel Selwood's u18s youtube package looked that impressive.

So please clarify for me...

We still have to use 3 picks in the draft. yeah? One for Sincs plus 2 more.

Am I missing something here?
Nope you've got it sorted.

So Sincs gets one, but we could be drafting Rice with a couple of lowly picks meaning there is the potential that our first and only 'live and unknown' pick in the draft would be pick 5 (should we keep it).

This is shaping up as another very nice trade/draft period from the head office. JC, Freeman and keep our firsts and we are laughing. I had Parish and Mathieson flagged at the start of the year - either will be a great addition. Can't wait to see what else the Bains trust has in store...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back