List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Draft, Rookie Draft and FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ducks are starting to line up for the PSD now....

Connors saying that he'll push Leuenberger through to Essendon via the PSD if Brisbane match the offer.

Lennon to Carlton
? to Brisbane
Gold Coast - no space on list
Leuenberger to Essendon
Carlisle to St Kilda

Keep playing hardball Dildoro... stick with pick 5 (even if it's traded to Adelaide, GWS, GC, etc)
:D

in:

9 - Collins
13 - Gresham
44 - Rice
62 - Sinclair
PSD - Carlisle
Freeman (2016 2nd)

out:
Simpkin
Markworth
Siposs
White
Ray (DFA)
Pierce (Rookie List)

I'd prefer

Adelaide lose: picks 9 & 13
Adelaide gain: picks 5 & 24

St Kilda gain: picks 9 & 13, Carlisle via PSD
St Kilda lose: picks 5 & 24

Essendon lose: 30,000 members, 1 disgrace of a list manager, Carlisle
Essendon gain: New list manager, further reputation as fools

Thoughts? ;)
My preferred trade as well

Massive confused LOL at the Bombers and many other opposition supporters on Twitter saying we won't get Rice as we'll have no picks left to get him and it's karma. What the?..
Strange people out there I tell ya.

Massive confused LOL at the Bombers and many other opposition supporters on Twitter saying we won't get Rice as we'll have no picks left to get him and it's karma. What the?..
Never heard of future dp's

Peanuts

image.jpg

I think Pies offer has been pick 7 this year and their 2nd rounder for next year. GWS has been asking for two top 10 picks.

So, if we want to better the offer, we'd be giving pick 5 and our 1st rounder next year. Obviously, I'd take Treloar in a heartbeat in exchange for pick 5. It is Treloar for pick 5 (2015) AND pick 5-13 (2016) that I am baulking at.
Yeah, two top 10's is too much for Treloar. I dare say they won't get that though and our pick 5 and a 2nd rounder is better than Collingwood's pick 7 and 2nd, so I could live with that if GWS could.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd prefer

Adelaide gain: picks 5 & 24

St Kilda gain: picks 9 & 13, Carlisle via PSD

Essendon lose: 30,000 members, 1 disgrace of a list manager, Carlisle
Essendon gain: New list manager, further reputation as fools

Thoughts? ;)
Like it. But feel its needs our pick 24 to be turned into pick 19 or 20 for them to do it.

What about:

Adelaide gain: picks 5 & 19

St Kilda gain: picks 9 & 16

Gold Coast lose: picks 19, 40 & Bennell
Gold Coast Gain: Pick 13 & 24

Fremantle lose: pick 16
Fremantle gain: Bennell & pick 40

I feel thats pretty even for all parties..... (pats self on the back :) )

Treloar doesn't make sense... We are already topping up with Carlisle.

Taking Treloar would fly in the face of our drafting strategy touted every time this year. Left with very few picks...

Odd statement I would have thought.

Surely all that matters is how good the player is and that he can play for many years and their cost of acquistion.

Why does it matter in the slighest whether thy are drafted or traded for? IMO this is completely irrelevant.

IMO "Topping Up" is only when you get a senior player who may only play a few years, or even less. ie Lake.

IMO Carlisle is not topping up, it is just recruiting. Ditto for Dangerfield, Bruce, Longer, Savage etc etc.

Carlisle can potentially play many years, and given that most draftees only last several years on average we should be well in front.

IMO too our drafting strategy is to get in good players of an age that they can all be part of our next premiership tilt, and to preferably to do deals to get them at less than market value, or to get picks at less than market value to provide better or more options.

Yes using early draft picks is one way. But if we could actually get in Treloar at trade cost that does not sabotage us you would do it ina heartbeat. It may be that our Trading Team hasa set of dealsthat they believe will give us more value that the picks required to land Treloar.

An Essendon supporter on the Carlisle thread suggested a trade of 2016 first for Carlisle and 23. I think it could work.

Trade: 5, 23 and 24 to Adelaide for 9, 13 and 28.
28 for Freeman.

Draft 9 (matho), 13 (Gresham?), Rice and Sinclair.

Seems alright to me.

Ah so we won the rights to Bailey Rice? My favourite Big Footy conversation ever....even more than that Essendon guy who is 6'4, earns 98k and is going to beat all of us up! :drunk::drunk::drunk:

Um on second thought that wins and Bailey's rights come second. What do we want - Bailey! When do we want him - NOW!!

Someone should stalk Gillo and as Teddy Whitten would say - "stick it right up 'em!!" :D

Seriously though, 3 players now nominating the Saints. This is the new St Kilda folks - get used to it!!

Ah so we won the rights to Bailey Rice? My favourite Big Footy conversation ever....even more than that Essendon guy who is 6'4, earns 98k and is going to beat all of us up! :drunk::drunk::drunk:

Um on second thought that wins and Bailey's rights come second. What do we want - Bailey! When do we want him - NOW!!

Someone should stalk Gillo and as Teddy Whitten would say - "stick it right up 'em!!" :D

Seriously though, 3 players now nominating the Saints. This is the new St Kilda folks - get used to it!!
Just need a disgruntled Tiger (Ben Lennon says hi) to want out & we've stuck it up the Big 4!

Some serious under rating of Geelong here.

The team just added in a top 5 midfielder in the AFL. Any team where Joel Selwood is your second best midfielder will make finals, and then they added in a ready to go KPP in Henderson.

The only way they will miss finals is if their suspect ruck department doesn't hold up, but between Stanley, Vardy and Z.Smith they should be covered.

Great trade period for them.

They've had a pretty great trade period from acquiring Dangerfield, but I'm not overly convinced on the team itself.

Henderson they've paid overs on imo.

Selwood is a star but I don't have Sloane that far behind him tbh so I can't really be able to say the cats with Dangerfield will be that much further ahead than what the Crows were with him.

And I rate Crows KPP much more highly than Geelongs.

Just my opinion and happy to be proven wrong (well not really as I don't like Geelong that much) but it'll be interesting to watch play out next year for sure.

But anytime you get a player of Dangerfield's quality for that cost you have to be extremely happy.

An Essendon supporter on the Carlisle thread suggested a trade of 2016 first for Carlisle and 23. I think it could work.

Trade: 5, 23 and 24 to Adelaide for 9, 13 and 28.
28 for Freeman.

Draft 9 (matho), 13 (Gresham?), Rice and Sinclair.

Seems alright to me.

How is next year’s draft looking? It could be pick 5 next year as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back