Certified Legendary Thread Convicted Rapist: Jarryd Hayne - Fumbling and Quitting the Lifelong Dreams ™

Remove this Banner Ad

So his biggest achievement is doing his job and being compared to Michael Sam?

Sad state of affairs when it is amazing someone does the job they are paid to do. Maybe Kam Chancellor lowered the bar too far.

Hey this is the age when you get a participation ribbon because you managed to remember to put your socks on before your runners on school sports day.

I deal with these types every, single, mindless day at work.

Hey this is the age when you get a participation ribbon because you managed to remember to put your socks on before your runners on school sports day.

I deal with these types every, single, mindless day at work.
Oh so that's why I didn't get any participation ribbon.

We get it, you are a knocker, and hate seeing success. You poor little thing..
I'm realistic in my expectations of Hayne. What he has achieved is awesome. But at most he's a 2nd string RB who might start a game or two if an injury occurs and won't survive in the NFL if he has to rely on being a PR.

Hayne's an NFL plodder. Let's not beat around the bush. Mind you, I'm still in the good for you camp. He's having a crack and despite his significant limitations, I will never deride someone for trying.
Rubbish. Plodder. At least the other knockers here have the guts to come out and say it!!!

I'm realistic in my expectations of Hayne. What he has achieved is awesome. But at most he's a 2nd string RB who might start a game or two if an injury occurs and won't survive in the NFL if he has to rely on being a PR.
You said he couldn't do every step he made. He did it...every, single step. And steps no one even dreamed of. You are a knocker, negative and envious.

You said he couldn't do every step he made. He did it...every, single step. And steps no one even dreamed of. You are a knocker, negative and envious.
Tsl90s4.gif

4.5 . 5th fastest compared to this years combine, and fastest for his size...
What point are you trying to make? That Hayne is so incredibly fast that he should be able to destroy opponents with his blazing speed? If so, the small sample results are counterintuitive to your general position. Hayne should be destroying teams in the kicking and punt return games. To this point, he is not (and doesn't look likely to do so). Blame that on the 49ers or Hayne. Either or.

Rubbish. Plodder. At least the other knockers here have the guts to come out and say it!!!
If you say so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If his NFL career continues on as is, it would be no surprise if he chucks it in & returns for the next NRL season. Being a highly talented & competitive individual, there must come a point where having little to no influence on games becomes utterly deflating for Hayne. Even now he must have some doubts as to where this is going.

His is still a major achievement & no shame if he decided to call it a day.

If his NFL career continues on as is, it would be no surprise if he chucks it in & returns for the next NRL season. Being a highly talented & competitive individual, there must come a point where having little to no influence on games becomes utterly deflating for Hayne. Even now he must have some doubts as to where this is going.

His is still a major achievement & no shame if he decided to call it a day.
Very astute points. Very.

His other motivation being to land a $16m type contract, and hed realize by now that aint ever happening unless he becomes a top tier rb, and hes too old for that to happen as hes still learning the game at age 27. They start shelving RBs at 30.

Very astute points. Very.

His other motivation being to land a $16m type contract, and hed realize by now that aint ever happening unless he becomes a top tier rb, and hes too old for that to happen as hes still learning the game at age 27. They start shelving RBs at 30.
They start shelving RBs then because their bodies have packed up from slamming into enormous defensive players over and over again.

I don't reckon Hayne would have that.

He only has to become a solid back to earn as much as he would have in the NRL, and if he'd been in it purely for the money, he'd have taken the $1mil a year on offer there

FFS GG, why did you lift his threadban? :(

They start shelving RBs then because their bodies have packed up from slamming into enormous defensive players over and over again.

I don't reckon Hayne would have that.

He only has to become a solid back to earn as much as he would have in the NRL, and if he'd been in it purely for the money, he'd have taken the $1mil a year on offer there

Agree with this, he hasn't taken the hits so his body should be much fresher from that perspective. If he actually develops, they could get up to 6 years out of him.

OK. I went looking for someone who may know a little more than the geniuses here. Admittedly, I did have to travel to another continent. Africa was an option, just for the hell of it, but I settled on the mighty US of A.

I found 49ers legend Roger Craig, no less. He seems quite happy with the Rugby player you all are so envious of... He had this to say...;

"49ers now have no choice but to hand Jarryd Hayne more minutes..

The 49ers were in the Red Zone on 3rd & 1 and about to score. Jarryd Hayne came onto the field. And, at such a critical time of the game and position on the field, Colin Kaepernick gave him the ball.

The fact Jarryd ran it low and hard for eight yards didn’t surprise me. Neither did the fact that it took three defenders to bring him down. He’s ‘bringing it’ almost every chance he gets.

The apprenticeship is coming to an end. It’s time for him to be the player I know he can be. He has played less than 10 games of American football in his life (which I still find amazing)

Carlos Hyde is getting banged up. Reggie Bush hurt again. Mike Davis inactive. It’s time for the 49ers to let Hayne practice with Kaepernick and the first team and get his reps up. (Reports from the 9ers website say that Hayne is doing exactly that this week...running reps at RB)

OTHER TEAMS ARE AWARE OF HAYNE

It was obvious watching that first punt from Brad Wing - who I believe is another one of your countrymen brave and talented enough to try his hand at American football - that the Giants knew the threat Jarryd posed as a returner.

They were all over him by the time he caught the ball and he had no option but to call fair catch.

Jarryd made a defender miss (again) during his 16-yard run on his only punt return opportunity.

Again, there were no surprises there.

The guy is taking nearly every opportunity that comes his way.

He’s dangerous on returns and opposing teams know that.

But the play that got me most excited was the rush on 3rd & 1 with the end zone in sight.
I jumped out of my seat and shouted, “That’s it! Take it all the way!” on that play. He was stopped three yards short but, man, I was so excited I nearly bought drinks for everybody!

Trust me, Jarryd will be playing a lot more minutes very soon. Watch this space."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/us-sports/nfl/club-legend-roger-craig-says-49ers-now-have-no-choice-but-to-hand-jarryd-hayne-more-minutes/story-fnp3l4e4-1227567623911#itm=newscomau|home|nca-homepage-masthead-feature|6|heading|homepage|homepage&itmt=1444811563823

OK. I went looking for someone who may know a little more than the geniuses here. Admittedly, I did have to travel to another continent. Africa was an option, just for the hell of it, but I settled on the mighty US of A.

I found 49ers legend Roger Craig, no less. He seems quite happy with the Rugby player you all are so envious of... He had this to say...;

"49ers now have no choice but to hand Jarryd Hayne more minutes..

The 49ers were in the Red Zone on 3rd & 1 and about to score. Jarryd Hayne came onto the field. And, at such a critical time of the game and position on the field, Colin Kaepernick gave him the ball.

The fact Jarryd ran it low and hard for eight yards didn’t surprise me. Neither did the fact that it took three defenders to bring him down. He’s ‘bringing it’ almost every chance he gets.

The apprenticeship is coming to an end. It’s time for him to be the player I know he can be. He has played less than 10 games of American football in his life (which I still find amazing)

Carlos Hyde is getting banged up. Reggie Bush hurt again. Mike Davis inactive. It’s time for the 49ers to let Hayne practice with Kaepernick and the first team and get his reps up. (Reports from the 9ers website say that Hayne is doing exactly that this week...running reps at RB)

OTHER TEAMS ARE AWARE OF HAYNE

It was obvious watching that first punt from Brad Wing - who I believe is another one of your countrymen brave and talented enough to try his hand at American football - that the Giants knew the threat Jarryd posed as a returner.

They were all over him by the time he caught the ball and he had no option but to call fair catch.

Jarryd made a defender miss (again) during his 16-yard run on his only punt return opportunity.

Again, there were no surprises there.

The guy is taking nearly every opportunity that comes his way.

He’s dangerous on returns and opposing teams know that.

But the play that got me most excited was the rush on 3rd & 1 with the end zone in sight.
I jumped out of my seat and shouted, “That’s it! Take it all the way!” on that play. He was stopped three yards short but, man, I was so excited I nearly bought drinks for everybody!

Trust me, Jarryd will be playing a lot more minutes very soon. Watch this space."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/us-sports/nfl/club-legend-roger-craig-says-49ers-now-have-no-choice-but-to-hand-jarryd-hayne-more-minutes/story-fnp3l4e4-1227567623911#itm=newscomau|home|nca-homepage-masthead-feature|6|heading|homepage|homepage&itmt=1444811563823

The only part of this fluff piece you need to know:

foxsports.com.au <<<<<<

Carlos Hyde is getting banged up. Reggie Bush hurt again. Mike Davis inactive. It’s time for the 49ers to let Hayne practice with Kaepernick and the first team and get his reps up.
And if they don't?

Given the first sentence, what does that tell you?

I have to agree that he looks slow to the eye. Partly that might be because he is transitioning from an endurance sport and is building explosiveness, but it might also be an illusion because his running style is a bit different (more upright) and he seems so balanced. He seems to glide along the turf, a little like James Hird used to. I never saw him play league, is this something he was known for?

Bush, Ellington and DeAndrew White all look quicker, and that's just in the 49ers. I wouldn't say he's any slower than Hyde though, and that guy is an impressive RB. I do think that NFL fans who focus heavily on physical stats are underselling their sport a little - there is a lot more to it than how fast you can run and how heavy you are. To my eye (as a relative newcomer), he looks to have better awareness, vision and evasiveness than the likes of White/Davis/Ellington, and those are the attributes that really matter. People saying he won't make it are calling this way too soon. He's had 7 returnable punts (72 yards) and 8 rushes (25 yards). It's not like the 49ers are forcing punts in good positions either. I think he's done ok so far on very limited opportunities.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back