BFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No doubt about it at all mate. It's doubtful that anyone with anything to do with Ballarat footy has a bad word to say about the bloke. :thumbsu:
I've no idea as to his intentions but as you and others have mentioned those appear to be the most likely destinations at this point.

Honestly hope he goes to Sebas! My money is on the Lakers with the connection with Clifton ... with Sebas as a genuine chance. As you say though, great for local footy whoever he plays with.

Yup, a few a moving on after minimal turnover the past few years.
It opens up some spots for some young fellas ,so not all bad news despite them being some big losses.

True, but their 2nds side this year struggled for numbers & even hade to forfit a game at half time

McNamara to Ballan, Darmody to Koroit... Any others of significance?

Edwards retired (for now)
Jarryd Graham to Ballan possibly

Last edited:
According to a local rag in Melton, The Bloods cant get anyone recruits, Murphy has spoken to 50+ players and met with 20 or so. With the old cliché of "we cant match what EDFL and metro leagues are offering" Know one wants to go to a club that hasn't played finals in a decade, i.e Cobras

True, but their 2nds side this year struggled for numbers & even hade to forfit a game at half time

Edwards retired (for now)
Jarryd Graham to Ballan possibly
Yup, the challenge is reconnecting with some of the blokes who have walked away in recent years (last year in particular) as well as keeping blokes who have graduated from u18s.

WRFL club looking for Practice Matches March 19, and April 2nd. Can host! Under 18/19's, reserves and Seniors. Please message me here if your club is interested. Thanks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What the whole league wanted Brett Goodes going to the Sebastopol football club! Second season under Shane and hopefully a few more recruits for them and hopefully should see a lot more competitive Sebastopol, good times ahead!

Smart comment good on you.Surely its a good thing when struggling clubs get a few decent recruits?Or are you one of them thats happy to beat up on weaker teams?I think its great that a player such as Goodes has signed on and hopefully more follow.
i think its good he has gone there also, and it is a good thing for sebas

but it may not help them win any more games, need 5 guys of that talent

they might win 2 games a year now
Yeah they might win 2 games and that's an improvement from last season, But i know they will wanna be a team that are no easy beats anymore and having Goodes, and a second preseason under Shane another year devolped in the young kids can only help, it's gonna take a long time for them to be good again but atleast there is hope for them.

Can anyone shed any light on the issue Sunbury are having with their U/18's and why all of the U/16s who are eligible to move up to U/18 are moving to East Sunbury ?? ;)
Sounds like big dramas, The Big Boss has got some spot fires to put out :rolleyes:

Goodsey to Sebas.... Great for the comp. I, for one have never been to a game at sebas since becoming a game attending fan of the bfl a few years ago.... This will now change... Will be good to see if the Burras can have some competitive performances this season.

Goodsey to Sebas.... Great for the comp. I, for one have never been to a game at sebas since becoming a game attending fan of the bfl a few years ago.... This will now change... Will be good to see if the Burras can have some competitive performances this season.

Must be the new groundsman is he?

Premier Division EDFL Club looking for a practice match 12th of March. The game will consist of 3 Grades, full quarters plus time on and can host

Please PM for more info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back