Official Club Stuff OFFICIAL GEELONG CATS THREAD - Questions, comments and suggestions for the Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for the reply Mitch. I thought that it looked a lot like Scooter myself but the majority of posters thought that it was Caddy and it looks as though they are right. Has Scooter begun to join in on some more competitive drills of late?

Thanks. :)

Scoot isn't in full training yet but has been in and out of drills over the past few weeks. It's always going to be a long process with him because the club want to get him right once and for all.

We're hoping to put together an nib Medical Room update next week so should have further details for you then.

- Mitch

Last edited:

Welcome Mitch and thanks for the efforts and support..
Keep up the great work.. All very good.
Hopefully you find the interaction as fruitful and successful as we are.

Go Catters

This might sound like a ridicuous question Official Cats but does the club have any plans to put anti terror fences around Simonds like those trialled at the MCG during the Boxing Day Test? Because if they do PLEASE DON'T!! They were a bloody disgrace and WILL turn people off going to see the footy live...

This might sound like a ridicuous question Official Cats but does the club have any plans to put anti terror fences around Simonds like those trialled at the MCG during the Boxing Day Test? Because if they do PLEASE DON'T!! They were a bloody disgrace and WILL turn people off going to see the footy live...
No plans for any MCG style fencing. We'll actually hopefully have a much smoother entry process in 2016 which we'll be announcing shortly! However round one being at the MCG may mean some delays.

Official Cats according to The Age "Carlton, Melbourne and Geelong are now the only Victorian clubs agreeable to having relationships with sports betting agencies." Is this going to endure much longer? I think many feel we are better than this as a club.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/richmo...ting-lucre-20160217-gmwh8d.html#ixzz40R90DVe2

We don't have a relationship with any sports betting agency as it stands right now. In fact, we haven't had one for approximately 6-7 years. For most of that time we've had Gambler's Help Victoria as a partner instead but that agreement has now ended.

In terms of an overall philosophy this is something discussed at board level.

Hope that went a ways to explaining the current climate.

We don't have a relationship with any sports betting agency as it stands right now. In fact, we haven't had one for approximately 6-7 years. For most of that time we've had Gambler's Help Victoria as a partner instead but that agreement has now ended.

In terms of an overall philosophy this is something discussed at board level.

Hope that went a ways to explaining the current climate.
Perfect thanks! Do you think it's worth contacting The Age about it?

Perfect thanks! Do you think it's worth contacting The Age about it?

Geelong still hasn't signed the charter mentioned in that article, which is how they determine if a club is "agreeable to having relationships with sports betting agencies", despite it not having had a relationship with one for years. It would probably be a pertinent point for a journalist to mention if giving an even-handed account, though. Obviously a club that hasn't had a relationship with a betting agency for 6-7 years and has since had a partnership with an anti-gambling organisation can't be too willing to enter such deals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Official Cats, I think the Geelong BigFooty community would really appreciate some clarity around the Selwoods and Clark injuries. If there is a priority area for improvement in communication in 2016 reporting on injuries would be it IMO.

Official Cats, I think the Geelong BigFooty community would really appreciate some clarity around the Selwoods and Clark injuries. If there is a priority area for improvement in communication in 2016 reporting on injuries would be it IMO.
Catempire, I think it would be prudent to go back and read the very first post of this thread.

Catempire, I think it would be prudent to go back and read the very first post of this thread.
Phrased poorly by me. I didn't mean to suggest Official Cats should provide info here that wasn't in the public domain. But I do think the club's reporting of injuries (e.g. On the club website) could be vastly improved.

Hi catempire, unfortunately the decisions on the reporting of the injuries is not something that we have much control over. The medical department notifies us of when there is something to report. We can understand the frustration when it feels like we are keeping back information but please understand that the decisions made are done whilst keeping a lot of things in mind including current diagnosis of the injury, player's welfare as well as other many other considerations. For example, the Sam Menegola injury is one where the medical team is waiting for swelling to go down before making a thorough diagnosis. This means we aren't jumping the gun and then having to change our communications and also to make sure that all avenues have been exhausted. Rest assured we are in continual discussion around each individual injury and it is more often than not a case by case basis.
Thanks,
Tom

Remove this Banner Ad

Back