Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
50507a
V
50514a

richq.png

Hawks vs Tigers Gameday Thread

Richmond v Hawthorn, MCG, Saturday , 7.10pm (EST)

Richmond
B: Chris Newman, David Astbury, Reece Conca
HB: Brett Deledio, Daniel Connors, Jake Batchelor
C: Trent Cotchin, Dustin Martin, Shane Edwards
HF: Mitch Morton, Tyrone Vickery, Shaun Grigg
F: Bradley Helbig, Jack Riewoldt, Bachar Houli
Foll: Angus Graham, Daniel Jackson, Nathan Foley
I/C: Matthew White, Jake King, Robin Nahas, Dylan Grimes
Emg: Shane Tuck, Matt Dea, Ben Nason
In: Dylan Grimes
Out: Luke McGuane (Suspension)

Hawthorn
B: Rick Ladson, Stephen Gilham, Benjamin Stratton
HB: Grant Birchall, Josh Gibson, Cameron Bruce
C: Chance Bateman, Sam Mitchell, Liam Shiels
HF: Clinton Young, Lance Franklin, Shaun Burgoyne
F: Michael Osborne, Jarryd Roughead, Jordan Lewis
Foll: Brent Renouf, Luke Hodge, Brad Sewell
I/C: Xavier Ellis, Shane Savage, Matt Suckling, David Hale
Emg: Brent Guerra, Brendan Whitecross, Paul Puopolo
In: Xavier Ellis
Out: Cyril Rioli (Suspension)

Lord_Curzon.jpg

To catch a Tiger.

Excuse my apparent disregard for conservation and the like, but I hope we have a bountiful tiger hunt today. Cyril misses for farting on some guy, and there are persistent rumours of another key onballer missing, but we appear to have the talent all over the park to bring the pelt home. However, the Tigers have a bit of toe about them, and a man in the coaches box who was integral to our last flag, so it might be closer than what the team sheets and common sense suggests.

The Tigers looks light up back and Buddy is surely poised for kicking a bag, so could it be this week?

We'll find out soon.

Oh yes, Eldo was down to write a preview, but his mum called and apparently the dog ate his homework.

tiger_hunt.jpg

The team discussion thread is here.

Keep all of the gameday chat in this thread, please.

The rain has started here in Ballarat and is on it's way to the G. Any thoughts on how our new play on at all costs gameplan may be affected by slippery conditions.

The rain has started here in Ballarat and is on it's way to the G. Any thoughts on how our new play on at all costs gameplan may be affected by slippery conditions.

I am not sure that playing on at all costs will hurt us but failing to kick long may. If we toil coming out of defense & spend 3 or 4 possessions to make 50m, only to turn it over & see a 50n bomb take it back over our heads to where it first started - well that may see us with heavy legs in the last.

As for goal kicking; we were 3.13 at half time last week - a cyclone couldn't cause a worse result that that... (could it??).

Anyone who thinks this will be some walk in the park had better pull their heads in a bit and show their opponents some respect.

Combine the expected poor conditions, a rumoured late withdrawal, no Cyril, an apparent one legged Franklin and the enthusiasm of a hungry, speedy, young bunch who have been somewhat exposed to our gamestyle over the summer and you have the recipe for a VERY close game.

One can only hope we are the side with our heads down and bums up, playing wet weather football - it aint fancy, but it is effective - and noses in front at the final bell.

Oh, and make sure you are wearing the right boots for the conditions boys - I'm looking at you X.

Go Hawks!

Further to my last: Wet weather will hurt both teams - I wouldn't expect to see Reiwoldt hitting his was on the moon & dragging in speccies if it is wet; which should in turn leave Gilham still wearing pants at the end of the game.

Further to my last: Wet weather will hurt both teams - I wouldn't expect to see Reiwoldt hitting his was on the moon & dragging in speccies if it is wet; which should in turn leave Gilham still wearing pants at the end of the game.

I like our bigger midfield bodies in the wet.. Plus the fact that Franklin is a freak with the ball on the ground and doesn't take that many marks overhead anyway. Hopefully hard nuts Sewell, Mitchell, Hodge, Shiels can give us first use and skills of Burgoyne, Franklin and Ossie can finish.

Rioli would have OWNED Richmond in these conditions.

Rain should help us more, Tigers are a lot quicker than us so at least the game will slow down to our pace and our guys are bigger and stronger so if it is going to be a tough encounter then we should win..

HOPEFULLY....​

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mitch out means a lot of work for Sewell.

I was hoping Lewis would play defensive forward on Newman but looks like he will play a bit of midfield now for sure.

Does adding a defender suggest that Hodge is right to play mostly as a mid? I guess Hodge & X can rotate through HBF for rests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back