Gameday thread: Round 3 Hawthorn v Richmond, MCG 7.10 Sat'd 9 April

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stratton's knee looked pretty bad and VERY painful, but he barely even grimaced, he clearly doesn't feel pain, handled it with the same non-chalance Cresswell did actually :p

Renouf another set shot ~25m out straight in front, disgusting kick, missed easy opportunity :rolleyes: - even the commentators were laughing about it :(

Some classy play from our guys, especially with the reduced bench, Roughead did a beautiful desperate smother and got a goal for his efforts, impressive.

I think it can be vulnerable aye...

How long out depends on how bad the damage around it was.

Im no doctor but my cousin had the same thing happen... Happy to be corrected...

Shit I hope he is ok he is as important as Croad was to us....looks like him too

Any offical reports yet?

Even QTR scoring wise, although the Tigers did most of the attacking. Looks like we took the foot off the pedal. The injury to Stratton not good. :(

Would love to see a big last QTR on the scoreboard to really bury them. :thumbsu:

They hadnt even finished calling Roughies goal, and Buddy set the place afire.

I hope we turn it on as well. Too many times the last few years we've taken our foot off in the 4th qtr. Never managed to put the sword to a team either.
The first 5 minutes has been huge. Ominous 4th qtr form for us. Great signs.

They were saying it 'looks like' a broken leg on ABC. Are any of these confirmed by anyone in the know or are they all just guesses?

Confirmed on MMM that it is a (dislocated knee, patela tendon)...spoke to the doctors in the rooms

* sorry guys i shuld of made that clear

How long are you out if you dislocate your knee....does it keep poping out like your shoulder afterwards?

It depends. I dislocated my kneecap about 18 months ago (plus strained ligaments), and I wasn't able to play sport for about 3 weeks. It's similar to the shoulder though, it will pop out again and more easily.

Just have to wait and see if there's structural damage though. If not, he should be right to play soon.

It's a shame to see him go down, he's a very good player. :thumbsdown:

Edit: Wouldn't be ACL - Hayes was in absolute agony last week and Stratton didn't pull a grimace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So sad abt Stratton :(

Do we dare relive the roughy into defense debate? Shoey is injured and litherland too green. Hale is a terrible defender so def not an option.

We have a ready made player in lisle to play FF in roughy's spot.

Would rather Lisle down back than Roughy. Keeps an offensive weapon while Lisle is under the direction of Hodgey to bring him up to speed, position him etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back