Player Watch #1 - Jesse Hogan - traded to Freo - #fistedforever

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

West Australian Hogan has quickly settled into the Melbourne lifestyle, seen to have a level head and be more concerned with future success than a major pay cheque.

386.gif

"Hogan remains coy on football future"

"Hogan not in a hurry to commit to Melbourne"

Two headlines an editor could select that completely changes the way the story is viewed without affecting the content of the article itself. Highlights really what a nothing article it is basically. That being said, Hoges is not Tom Scully; I expect him to stick around if we show improvement.

A helpful guide for Freo fans:

- He never supported Freo
- You can post that picture as many times as you like. He was an Adelaide fan
- Nobody wants to live in Perth anyway
- Ross wouldn't know what to do with a player like Hoges. He'd play him on the wing

The picture?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444043517.173119.jpg

Also, I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall in that meeting he had with Goody, Roos and PJ:

Roosy: Jesse, we are deadly serious about this clubs' prospects for the future. And we're going to show you just how serious we are. Tell him, Goody..

Goody: Get ready to meet your new 'premiership' teammates... Ben Kennedy, Tom Bugg and Jaaaaaake MELKSHAM!!!

*Hoges looks uncomfortable as the three recruits are wheeled into PJ's palatial office on specially made premiership cup-mobiles. Melksham spews from motion sickness.

I will say I'd question why any manager would tell THE most in demand player in the league to sign a long term contract two years out.

Because he can leave whenever he wants with the way trading is now
May aswell sign up till free agency and then If his back gives out he is covered , Let's be honest if he wants he will get to where he wants to go contract or no contract

How much higher will his value get than right now? We would literally offer him over a million a year for a decade.
We? I'm already taking in his laundry and leaving frozen lasagna portions on the doorstep

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or mother daughter prospects...

I've only just worked out what you meant by that. Drafting. I went somewhere else first.

I've only just worked out what you meant by that. Drafting. I went somewhere else first.
Get out of the weird part of the Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back