Autopsy 11 point loss to North

Remove this Banner Ad

I was all for having MDB the sub, ONLY for the reason he's the worst in the 22 by a margin, and I wanted the worst player spending the LEAST time on ground ...

What people need to understand is that there is no problem having battlers/spuds in the team, the issue with ours is that they never stand up.

Against the best opposition its a 50/50 against the best vs best players, this is where the spuds need to stand up and be the difference.

Whens the last time MDB/Suban/D.Pearce have stood up when the others have been down? Instead they go into their shell and let the opposition run over us.

Same can be said for any clubs bottom of the list players.Losses are caused by the so called gun players not playing to their optimum.

Petition to club polling members if we should roll dice and make wholesale changes to side or keep current team and see if anything changes. Would be an interesting experiment!

Same can be said for any clubs bottom of the list players.Losses are caused by the so called gun players not playing to their optimum.

Losses are also caused by the bottom players who turn it over, give away free kicks and well are not accountable for the opposing player.

Over the years we have seen many opposition spuds have blinders against, you have not wondered why? The fact is our bottom players have not improved at all skill wise and many still are in the team for their fitness/pressure abilities.

I might be one of a few on here that prefers A. Pearce down back for this season than forward. If Tabs could regain some form and help Pav out Alex could go back and help shut down a tall. For the future Freo may need him forward but his best footy so far IMO has been down back.

Petition to club polling members if we should roll dice and make wholesale changes to side or keep current team and see if anything changes. Would be an interesting experiment!

A poll that would ultimately serve no purpose :(, its so late in the season only injuries could force Weller/Blakely into the side.

What we can hope for is that Pearce/Duffield return to form because we need them asap.

A poll that would ultimately serve no purpose :(, its so late in the season only injuries could force Weller/Blakely into the side.

What we can hope for is that Pearce/Duffield return to form because we need them asap.

C Pearce will slot back in IMO. From the looks of it, I think Duffield might be toast.

I might be one of a few on here that prefers A. Pearce down back for this season than forward. If Tabs could regain some form and help Pav out Alex could go back and help shut down a tall. For the future Freo may need him forward but his best footy so far IMO has been down back.

Imo its too late for Tabs and we should persist with Pearce upfront.

Tabs during his games has never showed he could bring the ball down, which is 1 of the primary purpose of that role. Add in the fact he can't mark well, I can see him crumbling come finals. A.Pearce has showed the hunger needed to succeed up front and am more than happy even if his form fluctuates.

Losses are also caused by the bottom players who turn it over, give away free kicks and well are not accountable for the opposing player.

Over the years we have seen many opposition spuds have blinders against, you have not wondered why? The fact is our bottom players have not improved at all skill wise and many still are in the team for their fitness/pressure abilities.

Nah its the gun players who get the big dollars to perform. Blaming fringe players for a loss is silly .They are fringe players ,bottom of the dollar chain for a reason.

Watched access all areas a minute ago and it showed the ball being kicked into our forward line, Suban against Hansen. Seriously. says it all really.

I think I mentioned in lead up to the game. If we do not spot up the leads, we were going to lose since we had a smaller fwd set up. Bombing in with Walters vs Firito WTF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I mentioned in lead up to the game. If we do not spot up the leads, we were going to lose since we had a smaller fwd set up. Bombing in with Walters vs Firito WTF.
We had no chance. Another occassion they kicked to Crozier on Tarrant and another time Crozier was about to take a mark in front and Walters came over the top and spoiled the ball out of his hands from behind. It was total disorganised tripe.

Yeh but its the third tier being blamed .And the guns don't always play well.They have all been called out at some time for a poor performance on here.
I don't think we can criticise Mundy, Fyfe, McPharlin, Johnson, Walters, Ibbotson etc. They play at a very high standard most weeks. Malcolm Blight always said the bottom five in your team are the difference between a very good team and not. We have heaps of passengers in our side who offer very, very, little on a consistent basis

I don't think we can criticise Mundy, Fyfe, McPharlin, Johnson, Walters, Ibbotson etc. They play at a very high standard most weeks. Malcolm Blight always said the bottom five in your team are the difference between a very good team and not. We have heaps of passengers in our side who offer very, very, little on a consistent basis

I just find it ironical that fringe players whose skills are mediocre at best cop all the criticism for the losses because their skills aren't up to it..The turn overs in the third quarter belonged to every one in the side

We did have Pearce,Sandi and Griff down there .How much taller do we need.
Pearce and Sandi/Griff. Pearce was not physically able to compete against the big bodies in Nths defence, especially in congestion. He took some great marks at times, but it was a big ask and ridiculous really.

I just find it ironical that fringe players whose skills are mediocre at best cop all the criticism for the losses because their skills aren't up to it..The turn overs in the third quarter belonged to every one in the side
Brilliant play mostly and the occassional turnover or rubbish play mostly and regular turnover. Take your pick.

Weller and Clancee have had chances.Langdon will play against Melbourne.Langdon has really only put his hand up for a spot recently.Blakely is another story and I can't answer why he hasn't had a gig.Looks like it's to late for him with his ankle
I don't understand why Ballard wasn't upgraded, and we upgraded Smith who wont play this year for
Freo.
The other player is Grey, has been used in several positions for Peel, and you know he will give you
a contest.

Your right Griff was left for dead with pace .Unless the ball is plonked on top of him he has no chance of getting to the action.
He beat his opponent to the ball in the race to the goal square, it was another player that came in from the side that knocked the ball away from him. Where was our guy on the ground? they had one in reasonable proximity. The point is Griff was free on the lead and our skills weren't good enough to hit him. As that is usual for us these days, we need guys on the ground.

I don't understand why Ballard wasn't upgraded, and we upgraded Smith who wont play this year for
Freo.
The other player is Grey, has been used in several positions for Peel, and you know he will give you
a contest.

Because an injury to either A Pearce or Macca and we are screwed without Smith.

In hindsight, ballard would probably be useful.

pz991.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back