Traded #13: Orazio Fantasia - Off to Carlton as a delisted free agent, scored a 2 year deal?

Would you take Razzle Dazzle back at the Hangar?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

Lot of emotion in these assessments. "He played for us and left us, **** him don't want him back".

Objectively he's a super talented player and a cut well above any small fwd we have playing currently on our list. Can't argue with issues about his durability, but if we're honest with ourselves that's actually the only objective issue with him at all.

FWIW I would be happy if we offered him a 1 year deal (or even better, a rookie spot as a DFA) on basic coin. If he can't get his body right then fair enough, let him go. Hope the club doesn't get caught up in tribalistic emotions like the fans do and just makes a rational decision.

Lot of emotion in these assessments. "He played for us and left us, **** him don't want him back".

Objectively he's a super talented player and a cut well above any small fwd we have playing currently on our list. Can't argue with issues about his durability, but if we're honest with ourselves that's actually the only objective issue with him at all.

FWIW I would be happy if we offered him a 1 year deal (or even better, a rookie spot as a DFA) on basic coin. If he can't get his body right then fair enough, let him go. Hope the club doesn't get caught up in tribalistic emotions like the fans do and just makes a rational decision.
He'll be 28 going into the 2024 season (turning 29 in September).

If he's been in the system for a decade and can't get his body right, including many years with us already where we couldn't get his body right, not to mention his durability looking even worse over the last 2 seasons, I'm not sure how we think we could get his body right when having a 2nd crack.

It's for that reason I don't want him back. It's destined for failure, and I'll stick by that. I'll happily eat humble pie if we get him and I turn out wrong.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't argue with issues about his durability, but if we're honest with ourselves that's actually the only objective issue with him at all.
It's also pretty much the only reason we need to say no. He is the textbook definition of injury prone. I have absolutely zero faith we could get him right if Port couldn't.. and we couldn't before he left the first time.

An upgrade on Stewart I guess? At least it would diversify the talls with stress fractures aspect of the injury list.

Does Gumbleton want to come back too?

He'll be 28 going into the 2024 season (turning 29 in September).

If he's been in the system for a decade and can't get his body right, including many years with us already where we couldn't get his body right, not to mention his durability looking even worse over the last 2 seasons, I'm not sure how we think we could get his body right when having a 2nd crack.

It's for that reason I don't want him back. It's destined for failure, and I'll stick by that. I'll happily eat humble pie if we get him and I turn out wrong.
Exactly. There is nothing that points to getting a different outcome and plenty that points to him desperately wanting to stay in the system and pad his super.

List spots are valuable. They guy we pass up so we can pay Raz to rehab could be the next Nick Martin. There is an opportunity cost to this.

So who does not get a contract to do it ?

Mate, take your pick. The easiest answer would be to put him on the rookie list. Hunter’s a walking injury. They clearly don’t rate either Montgomery or Voss.

Not sure where this idea has come from that there won’t be many list spots.

We have 17 (not a typo) players on the list who have played less than 5 AFL games this year.

If there’s even half a chance he could get healthy (I believe he is now?), I’d say he’s worth a shot.

Mate, take your pick. The easiest answer would be to put him on the rookie list. Hunter’s a walking injury. They clearly don’t rate either Montgomery or Voss.

Not sure where this idea has come from that there won’t be many list spots.

We have 17 (not a typo) players on the list who have played less than 5 AFL games this year.

If there’s even half a chance he could get healthy (I believe he is now?), I’d say he’s worth a shot.
Have you read the contracted players list lately ?
It was an easy question. Who makes way for him ?

It was an easy question, which is why I gave you three different answers in my first paragraph.

I repeat; Hunter, Montgomerie or Voss.
You really think he is coming as a rookie ?
We also have 3 or 4 NGA players who are going along okay who are in line for rookie spots.
No thanks. We do not need over the hill players.

Back