Traded #17: Jake Melksham - Traded to Melbourne for pick 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: #17: Jake Melksham - Will benefit from the break

Was good against Brisbane but I think still faded at times. NOT negative on melky at all but in a perfect world would ideally get the sub vest in some games.. and maybe a rest here and then.

Absolutely devastating at his best.. excited for the future!!

Jake is such a tease. He was back to it against Brisbane.

With some confidence and experience he seems set to become an elite kick of the ball. There were a few bullets he kicked into the centre of the ground and into the forward 50 off both feet that provide further insight into the sort of player he will be.

Good to see him run on top of the ground yesterday too.

The huge improvement that is left in Jake has me thinking that we should move on from the idea of needing to trade for a gun midfielder. As nice as it would be to see Dangerfield run around in the red and black for the rest of his career it will cost too much and we have enough quality on the list already.

When this kid bulks up he will be a gun, needs to develop more and when he does he will be great, love the way he uses the ball.

Re: #17: Jake Melksham - Impressive against Brisbane

God his disposal and vision was good tonight.

Has the potential to be the most damaging player in our side IMO

Re: #17: Jake Melksham - Back-to-back consistency

played in the forward line most of the game witch was interesting maybe till he builds his tank up

the kick from the wing to i think jetta in the center just outside the 50 to precision just over the WCE player was just beautiful to watch

Loved his game tonight. Played very well against some good opposition half backs.

Searing inside passes are a definite weapon - huge kudos for having the confidence to consistently pull them off.

Re: #17: Jake Melksham - Back-to-back consistency; vision and precision personified

Frikkin Lasers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: #17: Jake Melksham - Back-to-back consistency; vision and precision personified

God this kid is something else. Tough as nails and so, so accurate.

Brilliant player, love his work ethic. One of his best games for the club last night. :D

God this kid is something else. Tough as nails and so, so accurate.

Brilliant player, love his work ethic. One of his best games for the club last night. :D

Yeah, definitely agree with that.

Like his move to half forward rather than trying to make him into a midfielder straight away. Give him time to develop outside the square.

Can't understand the DE stat because from memory he was at 55% or something, yet I thought his ball use was top notch all night.

the kick from the wing to i think jetta in the center just outside the 50 to precision just over the WCE player was just beautiful to watch

I love Leroy but I was very dirty on him for missing the goal after that!

Melksham like a lot of other players looks a lot fresher now - I'm guessing that's because of the lighter training load we've been hearing about.

rotten melk played tonight

it left a bad taste in my mouth

Haha, his games are more bipolar than me :eek:

Re: #17: Jake Melksham - "Rotten Melk" (Phone)

Hird needs to have that "need to start playing like a man instead of boy" speech that he gave to Zaka and Monfries with Melksham. Goes missing when it gets too hard. Down hill skier? Too harsh? Still young?

Re: #17: Jake Melksham - "Rotten Melk" (Phone)

Hird needs to have that "need to start playing like a man instead of boy" speech that he gave to Zaka and Monfries with Melksham. Goes missing when it gets too hard. Down hill skier? Too harsh? Still young?
That's harsh Astro.

He always puts his head over the ball, but no doubt, he lacks consistency atm. When the heat was on in the last, he went back into a huge pack in the Richmond square and punched it through. Minutes before, a few other players didn't do the same. Massive props from me for doing that - the guy is still very skinny

Rest him if need be, but he'll get there. At 24-25 he'll be a very good AFL standard footballer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back