1st TEST: AUSTRALIA vs SRI LANKA, BELLERIVE OVAL (aka THE BOOT), FRI-TUE

WHAT WILL BE THE RESULT OF THE TEST MATCH?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Quality declaration. 450 is heaps, and there is a good chance we will lose more of this game to rain. We now have plenty of time to bowl them out twice, and if we do end up needing more runs, we can just head out and get them.

I would've thought they'd keep batting and let Wade get his ton. Maybe just bat for ages and try and bowl Sri Lanka out twice.

It's a team game. He was too far away from a tonne, I think.

Will we see a return to first slip for Watson now? Or will Clarke stay at first and Watson to second? Ponting's slip fielding is going to be a huge loss.

Quality declaration. 450 is heaps, and there is a good chance we will lose more of this game to rain. We now have plenty of time to bowl them out twice, and if we do end up needing more runs, we can just head out and get them.

This was exactly my thinking. The weather isn't looking too flash.

I can't believe people are thinking this is pro-active.. its called a normal declaration. Honestly the Clarke circle jerk is getting boring.

*yawn*

I can't believe people are thinking this is pro-active.. its called a normal declaration. Honestly the Clarke circle jerk is getting boring.

I don't think many would have declared yet, being the first innings. 450 isn't a massive score.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That second part only works if Aus bowl them out under 250 and force the follow-on.

I think that is a good chance though, as Starc and Siddle will both make more of the uneven bounce; Starc through his height and Siddle through being a "bang it into the wicket" type bowler.

I don't think many would have declared yet, being the first innings. 450 isn't a massive score.
When I saw the rain at lunch, I was thinking 450 straight up. It isn't a massive score, but Sri Lanka are not a great side. There is also the potential to lose more time to rain in the next few days and while it is potentially overcast for the rest of the day, they can get early movement from the ball.

Back