1st Test New Zealand v Australia Feb 29-Mar 4 0830hrs @ the Basin Reserve

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It was a hypothetical.
It's not going to happen, of course (**below).

(BUT the 2nd Test starts on March 8th. They could easily get Bancroft over there, say, if Lab was dropped and Renshaw injured, but see ** above :winkv1:)
This Test is only Two days old.
Talk about this Test.
Fair enough you seemingly hate current Test matches, but surely hatred toward Test Cricket can have its own thread?

Jacques Kallis
After 40 innings
23 years old
1327 runs
3 x 100s | 7 x 50s
Average: 36.86

Cameron Green
After 40 innings
24 years old
1313 runs
2 x 100s | 6 x 50s
Average: 37.51

Also wickets after 26 tests:
Kallis: 43
Green: 32
How many overs bowled each? I feel like Jacques bowled more than Cam but I could be mistaken/wrong part of career

At the very least, Smith and Marnus will start the Australian summer. Marnus can't live off the Ashes saving ton at Old Trafford forever though and Smith won't get forever to prove his wares as a test opener. I know Pat Cummins and George Bailey have said otherwise, but Cameron Bancroft's cards are marked and he won't play for Australia again.

People are kidding themselves if they think Marnus will be dropped from a winning test side with one more test until the summer.

If he fails in the first couple of tests against India, then the pressure will start mounting.
I don't think many really see him being dropped. But we're sick of him making stuff all and sucking the life and momentum out of the innings while he makes stuff all. His close in fielding is the only good thing about hi atm.

Game plan to bat 2.5 sessions today surely and then look to get the Black Caps back in late on Day 3 given the weather on Day 5 looks like rain could intervene?

I know Pat Cummins declared behind at the GABBA this summer but one feels , you dont need to go too much past 400 here given the green tinge at Wellington.

This Australia team drew 1-1 in Bangladesh, they haven't won much away from home.. only a 1-0 win in Pakistan really

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People are kidding themselves if they think Marnus will be dropped from a winning test side with one more test until the summer.

If he fails in the first couple of tests against India, then the pressure will start mounting.

You're right that people are kidding themselves if they think CA is a professional, purely merit-focused sporting organisation that hasn't allowed the team to become a boys club where you literally get to announce your own future selection and retirement.

But if we weren't a pathetic boys club, we'd drop Marnus right now for his own good and the team's.

This Australia team drew 1-1 in Bangladesh, they haven't won much away from home.. only a 1-0 win in Pakistan really
Never won a series away from home when with this FBC in the side for the whole series.

Hazlewood didn't play in the last 2 tests series against Pakistan as we played swepson.

Starc and Cummins weren't in NZ back in 2016.

Why is there so much talk about past and future selections, after day two of a Test where Australia is dominating?
Test Cricket is dead. Even those that claim to love it can’t enjoy a days play. They’re so bored and distracted they need to talk about post game stuff in the middle of the actual game.

If people loved Test Cricket, the last multiple pages would be about…
Cam Greens big 150+ no.
Australia muscling their way to 380.
Skittleing the Kiwi top order..

There’s virtually none of this, just complaining about cricket.
What are you on about?

Never won a series away from home when with this FBC in the side for the whole series.

Hazlewood didn't play in the last 2 tests series against Pakistan as we played swepson.

Starc and Cummins weren't in NZ back in 2016.

That's actually true, this foursome have never won a away series together

Back